What are your period weight gain numbers (women only obviously)

Options
124»

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I go up a couple pounds during ovulation. The first day of my period is usually the lowest weight of the month.
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I’m currently ovulating and I’ve got constipation so my weight is stuck. I’ve lost some body fat that I can visibly see. I usually gain 3-6 lbs during my period which is frustrating because I’m losing weight slowly.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    This app made it look so dramatic, but it also felt that way so... haha!

9tcbenmzk2nw.jpeg
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    I've been known to gain 5lb at that time. I really bloat it's annoying but hey hopefully it's coming to an end Soon
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    LaReinaDeCorazones Posts: 274 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    JaxxieKat wrote: »
    Friendly Neighborhood PC Patrol popping in with a friendly reminder that not everyone who menstruates is a woman. Carry on.

What? I was not aware that men menstruate??

Ikr, uhm, don't you need a uterus to menstruate?? I mean, a period is the shedding of uterine lining
  • DiscusTank5
    DiscusTank5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Great thread. I tend to gain about 4 pounds the day my period starts, and my body holds on to that weight until Day 5.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    JaxxieKat wrote: »
    Friendly Neighborhood PC Patrol popping in with a friendly reminder that not everyone who menstruates is a woman. Carry on.

What? I was not aware that men menstruate??

People transitioning may well menstruate but might not call themselves women, is the point. Inclusive language isn't a big ask, and doesn't bother me, but I do mind 'virtue signaling' for the sake of it, hence my response. Any more conversation on this should probably branch off to a different forum.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I gain 0.5-1.5kg the week before, then it normally drops within the first 3 days of my period.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I usually only gain about a pound the day I start. I used to gain 2-3 lbs a couple days before. Not sure why that changed.
  • becca_rup23
    becca_rup23 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I usually go up 2-3 lbs the week before and then lose an extra 2ish that eventually come back (water weight I'm guessing)