5x5 Noob! I wanna hear your failures!

2»

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Just the roll of shame once. I had hurt my wrist in a fall and didn't think it would be an issue. It was.

No other issues. I lift at home and am a bit conservative with my weights unless my husband is home to spot me. I do have safety equipment for fails now though.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Oh whoops I just realized this is an app specific fail thread, not general fails. Well you can add me posting in here to my list of general newb fails haha 😬😆

No big! I've had my own treadspill before!

I had just walked into the gym cardio area, with my earbuds in and my music on loud. I carelessly stepped onto the first free treadmill I saw. Unfortunately, I didn't look down. If I had, I would have noticed that someone before me had used it, but had apparently just jumped off the moving treadmill instead of pausing or stopping it. Because my music was loud in my ears, I couldn't hear it going, either.

So needless to say, I hopped on, only to have the ground underneath me yank me right off. I managed to grab hold of the rails just in time to NOT totally faceplant on the fast-moving tread. I did, however land my left shin on the back end of the treadmill, and the pain from that impact along with the tread basically sanding down my shin forced me to let go and I sorta...spilled out the back of the treadmill.

No one laughed or acknowledged it, which honestly I would have preferred. Instead, in my shame and agony, I hopped right back on, this time making sure to stop it before restarting it and running 3 shame-miles (still in serious pain, but my ego hurt worse), and then quickly limping over to my car where I cried over my enormous lump on my shin.

Nothing broken, but that lump was there for a solid 2 weeks before coming down.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    I think it's even worse when you do something embarrassing and everyone around just kind of pretends they didn't see anything! Like CLEARLY you saw that, people. You could at least give me a sympathetic look or something.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    hesn92 wrote: »
    I think it's even worse when you do something embarrassing and everyone around just kind of pretends they didn't see anything! Like CLEARLY you saw that, people. You could at least give me a sympathetic look or something.

I prefer when people laugh, because my reflex is to laugh at myself when I do something clumsy like that. Laughing alone is no fun.
  • sarahlucindac
    sarahlucindac Posts: 235 Member
    Oh whoops I just realized this is an app specific fail thread, not general fails. Well you can add me posting in here to my list of general newb fails haha 😬😆

No big! I've had my own treadspill before!

I had just walked into the gym cardio area, with my earbuds in and my music on loud. I carelessly stepped onto the first free treadmill I saw. Unfortunately, I didn't look down. If I had, I would have noticed that someone before me had used it, but had apparently just jumped off the moving treadmill instead of pausing or stopping it. Because my music was loud in my ears, I couldn't hear it going, either.

So needless to say, I hopped on, only to have the ground underneath me yank me right off. I managed to grab hold of the rails just in time to NOT totally faceplant on the fast-moving tread. I did, however land my left shin on the back end of the treadmill, and the pain from that impact along with the tread basically sanding down my shin forced me to let go and I sorta...spilled out the back of the treadmill.

No one laughed or acknowledged it, which honestly I would have preferred. Instead, in my shame and agony, I hopped right back on, this time making sure to stop it before restarting it and running 3 shame-miles (still in serious pain, but my ego hurt worse), and then quickly limping over to my car where I cried over my enormous lump on my shin.

Nothing broken, but that lump was there for a solid 2 weeks before coming down.

Oh god you poor thing!! When I had my treadmill mishap, The lady next to me was freakin out while it was happening and when it was over she said “I didn’t know what to do!!! If that was me, I’d be on my way to the hospital now!” Lol 😂