Asian/Japanese/sushi all-you-can-eat buffet, "cheat-day"?

Options
DvoycY
DvoycY Posts: 38 Member
Hello. :-)

If I am planning to go to such a place, what are the recommendations of what to eat to minimize the fat-gain? I was thinking lean protein (chicken) and grain carbohydrates (like sushi with rice). Also some vegetables to minimize the total calories. Also, to drink some fluids just before to feel more satiated.

I am going for lunch, as breakfast seems too early and leaves a possibility of eating more in the night, and evening meal is too late for the food to properly start moving.

Any thoughts or tips? :-D

Cheers!

Replies

• DvoycY
    Options
    What is the point of this 'cheat day'?

Restoring leptin and ghrelin after ten months of cutting. :-)
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Over the years I have learned to handle "normal" buffets (well, sort of) but sushi as much as you can eat? That's another story. Usually I eat about 50 + sushi rolls (pieces) and the restaurant owner doesn't smile much when he sees me coming. I really, really enjoy this special treat about once or twice a year and I leave it as that.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    DvoycY wrote: »
    What is the point of this 'cheat day'?

Restoring leptin and ghrelin after ten months of cutting. :-)

Maybe a diet break might help? One meal is going to do next to nothing for that.
  • DvoycY
    Options
    Hey. Thanks for the replies. Since getting close to my goal weight, I have such days nearly every five days for the last couple of weeks - feel much better but the weight loss reduced from two pounds per week to like 0.5
  • sardelsa
    Options
    What are your stats? How much left do you have to lose?
  • DvoycY
    Options
    24, 5'10", 135lbs, 8% bf, 5 more lbs, 29" waist. Thanks
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Nm
  • sardelsa
    Options
    5 more lbs will put you a hair above underweight. Is there a reason you are aiming so low, especially being a male? What are your goals?
  • DvoycY
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    5 more lbs will put you a hair above underweight. Is there a reason you are aiming so low, especially being a male? What are your goals?

Recomp at the lowest possible healthy weight. Need low bf for the job
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

i thought recomp worked less well the leaner you were?
  • sardelsa
    Options

i thought recomp worked less well the leaner you were?

Yea that is what I have heard too. From my understanding, recomp works best if you have something to work with... so you are at a higher bodyfat % and a healthy weight. Being a very low weight with a very low bodyfat%, you are likely to spin your wheels. If your goal is to be very ultra lean with not a large muscle base, then perhaps it might work.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    never mind.
  • DvoycY
    Options
    What would you say are the best things to eat to minimize the fat gain? I was thinking lean protein, followed up by healthy carbohydrates - to begin with salad, eat some meat and finish with grains.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Don't worry too much about one meal.But if you are doing sushi, focus on sushi that has the least amount of rice (sashimi if it is available), and if you are getting rolls, try to avoid rolls that are tempura (baked) or have cream cheese or a lot of sauces.