New Progress Pic: Down to 133lbs today! From 190lbs

Replies

• solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    You look amazing! Just amazing! I wish for you much love and happiness and peace with yourself. I can tell it's been a rough road at times. Great job doing the hard work on the mental part of this journey as well :) You are loved, beautiful and enough exactly as you are <3
  • caseydimples
    caseydimples Posts: 173 Member
    Oh wow. Seeing your pictures and hearing about your journey was a joy for me. You are an inspiration and should be proud. I keep struggling and sometimes wonder if I'll ever be successful... Reading posts such as yours really helps me know it is possible. Thank you for sharing.
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    You look great. Congrats on your transformation. You're right the mental part is the hardest but I'm sure that with your determination and focus that you'll continue to make positive progress.
  • jorichards2
    jorichards2 Posts: 100 Member
    Wow you look amazing well done
  • times60
    times60 Posts: 204 Member
    Thank you so much for sharing. I am 258 and want to be 140-145. I am not as young as you so giving myself a few extra pounds. You look amazing. Its such an inspiration.
  • Trina2040
    Trina2040 Posts: 214 Member
    edited October 2018
    Brilliant transformation! Your post is very inspiring. Many of us are so concentrated on the weight loss alone while placing the mind/body/spirit balance second. Your post inspires us all to remember to create balance in our lives to live our best life. Weight loss is only one component; you've shown us the way to balance. Thank you.
  • kittylala
    kittylala Posts: 11 Member
    Fantastic job, huge inspiration!!
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Yes, you really are an inspiration! I am shooting for the 130s with the same height. I can see that you are beautiful inside and out. Thank you for sharing!
  • salleewins
    Can I ask how long you were doing those macros in the journey? It is close to what I am doing now. Did you focus on calories, too, with it and if yes, can you share the range along the way? Thank you...
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Awesome results and you look Beautiful be proud.
  • BreezyWerner
    BreezyWerner Posts: 24 Member
    Thank you for sharing. I am just now getting a handle on all the negativity surrounding body image and associations with food. I am 50. I am so proud of you for tackling this issue and not carrying it around. I had a bulemic mother and a pedophile father, so lots of issues.

It is wonderful that you are sharing so you can inspire others. And it is awesome that you are looking at successes of your body as an instrument rather than just an ornament.
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    edited October 2018
    Thank you everyone for your comments and encouraging words. They mean more than you know!
    salleewins wrote: »
    Can I ask how long you were doing those macros in the journey? It is close to what I am doing now. Did you focus on calories, too, with it and if yes, can you share the range along the way? Thank you...

I've been doing these macros for about 6 months, now. Before that, I was on a higher cut with a different nutritionist, at 115c, 40f, and 130p, but was ravenous every day and woke up teary and just... I hated it. I couldn't do it anymore. I didn't want to be hungry and miserable. So I went with a more realistic nutritionist. My changes are slow and slight, but still happening. My calories have been around 1400-1500 so still in a deficit. I haven't lost pounds in about five weeks, though.

My nutritionist says I've put a lot of stress and change on my body in the past few years (gaining weight, losing weight, etc) and she wants to give it a rest to reset and acclimate--a more positive look at a "plateau," you could say.

Since I'm in a body recomposition journey, it's hard to stay positive because I don't see changes on the scale, anymore. Progress now is more mental and very slight improvements are now only apparent over time. I'll be here for a few weeks until my nutritionist decides it would be okay to go on a small cut again, but I know she will never put me under 130c, 48f, and 110p.
  • salleewins
    edited October 2018
    half_moon wrote: »
    Thank you everyone for your comments and encouraging words. They mean more than you know!
    salleewins wrote: »

I've been doing these macros for about 6 months, now. Before that, I was on a higher cut with a different nutritionist, at 115c, 40f, and 130p, but was ravenous every day and woke up teary and just... I hated it. I couldn't do it anymore. I didn't want to be hungry and miserable. So I went with a more realistic nutritionist. My changes are slow and slight, but still happening. My calories have been around 1400-1500 so still in a deficit. I haven't lost pounds in about five weeks, though.

My nutritionist says I've put a lot of stress and change on my body in the past few years (gaining weight, losing weight, etc) and she wants to give it a rest to reset and acclimate--a more positive look at a "plateau," you could say.

Since I'm in a body recomposition journey, it's hard to stay positive because I don't see changes on the scale, anymore. Progress now is more mental and very slight improvements are now only apparent over time. I'll be here for a few weeks until my nutritionist decides it would be okay to go on a small cut again, but I know she will never put me under 130c, 48f, and 110p.

Thank you for your response. You are doing so well!! I find myself teary eyed with the approach you had, too, as I did that, as well.. I am still needing to change something. I may up the calories again. My road has been hard, a bit different, but hard too. I appreciate your input and hardwork. It gives me hope that I can get there. You have found some good people to work with. I have to find some again, too. GREAT JOB!!! YOU ARE WORTH IT AND MORE!! It sounds like you will achieve what you want!!!
  • mathdad41
    mathdad41 Posts: 119 Member
    Wow
    Great work
  • jillstreett
    jillstreett Posts: 69 Member
    half_moon wrote: »
    It's hard to experience such a change and not see a huge change every day--and just learn to be okay, finally, with what's in the mirror.

This! You are SO right and this is SO true! My stats are very similar to yours so I love that you wrote this! We know we are changing and sometimes forget to give ourselves credit because we don't see the huge change every day. But it is drastic, and we did put in the work and we deserve to look in the mirror, take that mirror selfie and feel like a million bucks! You're beautiful and you are an inspiration!
  • cravinglifechants
    cravinglifechants Posts: 502 Member
    Congratulations. You look AMAZING. It's inspiring to not only see the transformation, but to hear the story and about the struggles that go with it. Thank you so much for sharing this!
  • adchak
    adchak Posts: 62 Member
    I need to get down to 140-150 lbs. i am 43 yrs old, 5ft 7 inches, started at 203 lbs and down to 186 in almost 5 months. I do stregth training 1-2 days/week, walk 4.63 miles 2-3 days/week. Clean eatg has really helped me and for me its a lifestyle change so I dont want to do anythg drastic that I cant keep up with. I follow 80 grams of Protein, 50-60g of carbs, rest is fat and stay within 1300 cals or so. I used to do 1500 cals with 120-130 gm of protein, 100 gm of carbs but did not lose wt. it would goup and down and was frustrating!
    do you think I’m eating too less and wt loss will stop? Would really like to hear from folks who have been there, done this successfully and continuing to see progress. I also have hypothyroidism thats under control based on medication. Have had it for 25 years.
  • winn9524
    winn9524 Posts: 59 Member
    Great work! Slow and steady.
  • You look beautiful! Congratulations on your success. You are very right the mental struggle is very real.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    <3<3<3 well done.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!