Tell me something awesome about yourself. Brag if you want. 🤗

Options

Replies

• Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    Iv donated money to some people here cause they were a bit less fortunate than me. Feels good to help out

Would you ever take it a step further and offer hands on help? Like volunteering at a soup kitchen or helping at a community garden?

Honestly i would love to but that type of scene wouldn’t suit me. Im not the type who wants everyone to see what im doing when helping others. Im the type that would buy food and leave it next to a homeless while they are sleeping, or just drop some bills on the cup and be on my way. I dont mind doing labor as long as no one is around though. Basically i dont want physical recognition. I specially asked the few i helped to not say anything on this site

Dude i promise you if you went down on any given day and volunteered at a soup kitchen rhere wouldnt be anyone there to give you accolades and praise. Its just helping feeding hungry people and its as anonymous as it gets. A lot of people get all into the spirit during the holidays and want to help, thats when it gets a little self serving. But on a weekday in October, nobody will ever know you were there....except the few people that ate that day. And most times even those people are not even acknowledging.

uthh3.jpg
  • ShayCarver89
    ShayCarver89 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I sat down and counted my tattoos one night, with help, and found out I have 41. For some reason I'm very proud of it.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Iv donated money to some people here cause they were a bit less fortunate than me. Feels good to help out

Would you ever take it a step further and offer hands on help? Like volunteering at a soup kitchen or helping at a community garden?

Honestly i would love to but that type of scene wouldn’t suit me. Im not the type who wants everyone to see what im doing when helping others. Im the type that would buy food and leave it next to a homeless while they are sleeping, or just drop some bills on the cup and be on my way. I dont mind doing labor as long as no one is around though. Basically i dont want physical recognition. I specially asked the few i helped to not say anything on this site

If that is your comfort dial Lee, helping at a Food Pantry, if it is something you'd want to do is also SUPER helpful. Most would appreciate a few bags, crates of pantry food items, especially around the colder seasons. You may choose to be anonymous that way.

Either way, it's very generous of you to have assisted some members on MFP. Having been burnt in the past helping out financially, I prefer to go the food pantry route now with my support.
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I sat down and counted my tattoos one night, with help, and found out I have 41. For some reason I'm very proud of it.

I’m told tattoos are like Lays potato chips. You can’t have just one. 😆
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    lililomo2 wrote: »
    @Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings

let's do it rockstar guapa. i'm ready. your choice - i'll dance to it - or sing to it or play cajon *different from cajones *

>:)

Get your black eyeliner n' whiskey drink ready... things are about to take a turn! ;) x
  • 777Gemma888
    edited October 2018
    Options

Dude i promise you if you went down on any given day and volunteered at a soup kitchen rhere wouldnt be anyone there to give you accolades and praise. Its just helping feeding hungry people and its as anonymous as it gets. A lot of people get all into the spirit during the holidays and want to help, thats when it gets a little self serving. But on a weekday in October, nobody will ever know you were there....except the few people that ate that day. And most times even those people are not even acknowledging.

If that is your comfort dial Lee, helping at a Food Pantry, if it is something you'd want to do is also SUPER helpful. Most would appreciate a few bags, crates of pantry food items, especially around the colder seasons. You may choose to be anonymous that way.

Either way, it's very generous of you to have assisted some members on MFP. Having been burnt in the past helping out financially, I prefer to go the food pantry route now with my support.

the main reason for not wanting confrontation honestly is, well, i actually work only 2 blocks away from a rescue mission in the city, which i pass by everyday im in office, and its always been less than pleasant with them.

def not saying its how they all are, but it just kinda put my mood off a lot.

never thought of that honesty. ill look into the food pantry :) thx!

I was just sharing with k8eekins that helping within their lines of sight could be a security risk, bearing in the fact that you likely live close by (NY planning) and that you tend to walk quite a bit.

You're welcome@ food pantry plug.
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    Tankiscool wrote: »
    Completed my bachelor's degree without needing to take out any loans and was at the top of my class.

I'm an excellent chef.

Oh and to my nieces and nephew, I'm the best uncle in the world!

Congratulations! ! Aren't they lucky. 😁
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    Tankiscool wrote: »
    Completed my bachelor's degree without needing to take out any loans and was at the top of my class.

I'm an excellent chef.

Oh and to my nieces and nephew, I'm the best uncle in the world!

Congratulations! ! Aren't they lucky. 😁

Its a pretty easy accomplishment when the oldest is only 4 lol. I'm sure one day I'll be the crazy uncle with corny jokes and embarrassing them in front of their friends.
  • lililomo2
    lililomo2 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    lililomo2 wrote: »
    @Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings

let's do it rockstar guapa. i'm ready. your choice - i'll dance to it - or sing to it or play cajon *different from cajones *

>:)

Get your black eyeliner n' whiskey drink ready... things are about to take a turn! ;) x

@Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings you can put on my eyeliner on, i'll put the gin* ok where/when did you suddenly like whiskey??* siphon in your mouth and we have a record deal going!~xo!!! :*
  • Cutemesoon
    Options
    I could build a house by myself including the plumbing and wiring. :sunglasses:

Awesome!

we-can-do-it-poster-1393770492mjo.jpg?itok=DWloWIkp
  • lililomo2
    lililomo2 Posts: 250 Member
    Options

this. plus this x10 T.
  • Cutemesoon
    Options
    I could build a house by myself including the plumbing and wiring. :sunglasses:

I need some electrical work done in my house. Would you mind stopping by? 🤗
  • glgcam5150
    glgcam5150 Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    If Your Down, I’ll Be Your Clown

If You Need A Shoulder To Cry On ,
    I’ve Got Two For You

If You Need A Warm Hug ...I’m Your Man
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    I sat through six hours in one session for my first tattoo last weekend. Apparently, I get kudos for doing that as a lot of people can't endure more than 3-4 hours. Perhaps I was ambitious for my first tattoo, lol? Pretty sure I'm addicted now. :lol:

Also, the design is a collaboration between my drawings and the drawings of the tattoo artist. Which just makes it more special for me. :)

jn80u3fgh2jm.jpg

Absolutely stunning!!