Replies

• sunshinedaydream21
    sunshinedaydream21 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    October starting wt: 154.8
    October goal wt: 150
    Goal weight: 145

01: 154.8
    08: 155.8 *It is thanksgiving here so a big eating weekend but I will get back on track next week.
    15: 154.6
    22: 155.6
    29:
    31:

Definitely not sticking to my strict habits this month and actually up a pound! Since I have already dropped 15 lbs though I am now basically able to fit into all my old clothes and I am feeling and looking a lot better than I did in the summer. I think my motivation is somewhat lower because I am satisfied with the weight loss so far and not desperate to change from how I am now. I would still like to drop the last 10 lbs to reach my goal weight.....any tips on how to motivate myself again for the last push? Thanks for any advice!

Total loss for October:
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Original Starting Weight: 167 lbs
    October Starting Weight 148.0 lbs
    October goal: 145 lbs
    Ultimate goal: 145 lbs

I will be doing Wednesday weigh ins. Hopefully this will be my last challenge!

Oct 1: 148.0 lbs
    Oct 3: 148.4 lbs
    Oct 10: 149 lbs
    Oct 17: 147.2 lbs
    Oct 24: 147.4 lbs
    Oct 31:

Total loss for October: -0.6 lbs

I have been eating at my maintenance calories a lot lately. For some reason, being so close to my goal, I do not have as much determination to lose the last few pounds.
  • jackiepreston17
    jackiepreston17 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Original starting weight - 232 (Oct 2014)
    October starting weight - 182.0 (Sept 30th)
    October goal - 179.0
    Ultimate goal - 162

Oct 1st - 181.2
    Oct 4th - 181.2
    Oct 11th - 183.0
    Oct 18th - 182.0
    Oct 25th - 182.2
    Oct 31st -
  • AmyM831
    AmyM831 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Original starting weight - 165
    October starting weight - 138
    September goal - 134
    Ultimate goal - 128

Sept 28 - 138
    Oct 5 - 137
    Oct 12 -137
    Oct 19 -136
    Oct 26 -135
    Oct 31 -

Total loss for October: 3lbs
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,226 Member
    Options
    Birder165 wrote: »

Why give up for the month now? There are still 5 days left in October ... you could easily slip back down in to the 160s or go up even further if you "tap out" like you say.
    You say this is where you always give up so don't repeat the pattern! It doesn't seem logical at all to do so. Prove to yourself you can change this so you can finally succeed.

Starting over again ... again & again is tiring and exhausting. Don't do that to yourself.

What @Birder165 says! Keep working on it. Remember; it's a journey. Even if there's a side hike along the way.
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 3,980 Member
    Options
    @KEliseWarren, Don't EVER give up on yourself! Continue on, as @Birder165 said, why give up now? There's still 5 days left in October. I'll tell you from experience A LOT can happen with weightloss in 5 days time! Drop your carb grams lower and make sure that you are eating of all of your protein.
  • AmyM831
    AmyM831 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    10/9 168.0.
    Weighed yesterday (10/26) 170.2

Feeling very angry and frustrated. In the past when I reach 170 I tended to get stuck, would feel discouraged, then would give up and gain the weight back. This time around I thought there had been personal progress, but here I go again gaining the wight back! I'm super pissed that I'm getting stuck in the same cycle. I need to do something to truly stop this craziness. I'm not going to give up on my long-term goal of 160 by the end of the year, but I AM throwing in the towel on my October goal of 165. Smh. If I keep fighting myself I will end up with more self sabotage. Tapping out for a few days seems logical. November 1st I will recommit.

Don't give up the month, there are still 5 days left. Change the course of your history. Even if you stay the same weight, at least you put in the effort. There have been times my weight hasn't budged in weeks or gone up a couple of pounds. Sure it's discouraging, but I keep at it. Because I know what will happen if I don't. I do think the closer to goal you get, the longer it takes to shed the lbs. Good luck.
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    10/9 168.0.

Feeling very angry and frustrated. In the past when I reach 170 I tended to get stuck, would feel discouraged, then would give up and gain the weight back. This time around I thought there had been personal progress, but here I go again gaining the wight back! I'm super pissed that I'm getting stuck in the same cycle. I need to do something to truly stop this craziness. I'm not going to give up on my long-term goal of 160 by the end of the year, but I AM throwing in the towel on my October goal of 165. Smh. If I keep fighting myself I will end up with more self sabotage. Tapping out for a few days seems logical. November 1st I will recommit.

No, no and no! I get the angry and frustrated. You are human, things went the wrong way. Take some deep breaths but do not beat yourself up over this. Now stop and think about it. Jot down some notes, what led to this? Have you stopped weighing food, stopped logging food. What could you maybe do a bit different just a tweak and remember sometimes weight maintains or goes the wrong way before a woosh!
    And today is the 27th there is still 5 days left this month almost a week, you do not want to stop doing the right things for 5 days. You got this. But first give yourself a big hug, please do not stay angry at yourself.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,226 Member
    Options
    10/9 168.0.

Feeling very angry and frustrated.....

No, no and no! I get the angry and frustrated. You are human, things went the wrong way. Take some deep breaths but do not beat yourself up over this. Now stop and think about it. Jot down some notes, what led to this? Have you stopped weighing food, stopped logging food. What could you maybe do a bit different just a tweak and remember sometimes weight maintains or goes the wrong way before a woosh!
    And today is the 27th there is still 5 days left this month almost a week, you do not want to stop doing the right things for 5 days. You got this. But first give yourself a big hug, please do not stay angry at yourself.

Hey @maureenkhilde, @AmyM831, @Birder165 (and others) -- I think she really did "tap out" and isn't getting these messages. She posted a similar note on another thread, and she hasn't responded to either. It's possible she isn't even logging; she hasn't been on MFP since yesterday when she posted her note. Too bad because the best way to go is to keep going!
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 3,980 Member
    Options
    @mtaratoot, That's unfortunate. I hope that she reconsiders.
  • emajarrett
    emajarrett Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Original starting weight - 136
    October starting weight - 124lbs
    October goal - 119
    Ultimate goal - 119.... but think I will head to 116

Oct 1 - 124
    Oct 7- 123
    Oct 14- 127... result of a weeks holiday and intensive sport
    Oct 21- 121
    Oct 29 - 119
    Oct 31-

Having hit my goal today I realise I still have a fair amount of tummy fat to lose and I'd like to get nearer my old weight of 114 but 116 would be fine. I will have a new goal that will be will be maintaining a sensible weight and building back muscle as I have lost muscle for sure the last few months. I have no idea how I will do that yet.... I need to learn more about nutrition and keeping stress levels under control... always my trigger to comfort eating. I'm going to the gym and using some weights but can't see any progress yet.... top tips welcome!

Motivation for me .... just being strong and healthy, as my mum died this year from cancer , and having some sense of control.

I love the sensible goal set in this group....slow and steady wins the day.