Why consistency matters more than accuracy (to me)

Options

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I just did my maths for the last 12 weeks and worked out I have gained an average of 0.24 pounds a week (I am slowly trying to gain) eating around 1628 net calories and maintenance would be 1508 net calories. Not bad when MFP gives me 1205 maintenance calories instead.

MFP only gives you 1205 for maintenance :open_mouth: Is that for the sedentary setting?
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    dhMeAzK.gif
  • pinuplove
    Options
    dhMeAzK.gif

Such a beautiful man applauding for me? Thank you :blush::lol:
  • AEC50
    AEC50 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Can I ask a really embarrassing question - how did you calculate the daily deficit?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Great post :smile:
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I just did my maths for the last 12 weeks and worked out I have gained an average of 0.24 pounds a week (I am slowly trying to gain) eating around 1628 net calories and maintenance would be 1508 net calories. Not bad when MFP gives me 1205 maintenance calories instead.

MFP only gives you 1205 for maintenance :open_mouth: Is that for the sedentary setting?

Yep. I am a wee little thing. Lucky I can eat more and I fit in the very active range when you take my exercise into account so actually eat over 2000 calories.
  • pinuplove
    Options
    @patrickaa5 That's a great result! I'd say 15.7 vs 16 is really spot-on :smile: