Lose 35 lbs Oct 24 to March 1

Options
Well, it’s the full moon, an auspicious day to begin an intense push for some consistent fat loss over the most difficult holidays; Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and my birthday. Can you stick to your calories and macros while getting in your workouts and make this happen? I WANT TO CHEER YOU ON!

SW: 340
PW: 240
GW for March 1: 205
Ultimate GW: 144

Check in with your loss on Wednesdays!

Replies

• Believer150
    Believer150 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi. I think a challenge is just what I need. You have done so well!!! Would love your inspiration.
  • ata1anta
    ata1anta Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You've piqued my interest. I'm also March (but a little further in). What with the holidays and such, this would be good.

HW - 325
    SW - 318
    CW - 238
    Challenge GW - 203
    GW - 168 - 155
  • Believer150
    Options
    I order to commit I will add in my details...
    SW - 191 started 1 week ago
    CW - 188
    Challenge GW - 153
    GW- 150
    I
  • LynsP79
    LynsP79 Posts: 75 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Current 82.4kg (was 88)
    Would love to get to 70kg (not quite 35lbs but would make my BMI ‘normal’)
    I’m here for the motivation!
  • SoManyCookies
    SoManyCookies Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    A day late, but this could be the accountability group I've been searching for!

SW: 205
    CW: 215 ;(
    Goal Weight: 180

See you here, next Wednesday! :smiley:

• EmmaleaJoy
    EmmaleaJoy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    SW: 172
    CW: 166
    Challenge GW: 140
    GW: 135

I can NOT wake up early to work out this week. I set my alarm, clothes are laid out and my brain screams no! And I go back to sleep.
    Calories are in check (at least I think, I’m getting conflicting advice on how many I should eat a day)
    Need motivation help!
  • RredSonja
    RredSonja Posts: 307 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Hi. I think a challenge is just what I need. You have done so well!!! Would love your inspiration.

Thank you! I have lost quite a bit, but I had been down last year to 187. I gained so many pounds back, I think, because I stopped logging food, and gradually my old habits reasserted. My best realization from having lost 100 pounds, and gaining back so much of that loss, is that keeping my progress is going to require continuing (possibly life long) food logging.
    LynsP79 wrote: »
    Current 82.4kg (was 88)
    Would love to get to 70kg (not quite 35lbs but would make my BMI ‘normal’)
    I’m here for the motivation!

Woot motivation! Let’s keep each other positive and moving in the right direction, while forgiving our human tendency to make mistakes. Will we all attain the goals we’ve set ourselves for the next couple months? Maybe, maybe not. But with the help of some friends, we can make progress.
    A day late, but this could be the accountability group I've been searching for!

SW: 205
    CW: 215 ;(
    Goal Weight: 180

See you here, next Wednesday! :smiley:

Yes, these ARE the droids/acountabilibuddies you’re looking for! See ya Wednesday!
    EmmaleaJoy wrote: »
    SW: 172
    CW: 166
    Challenge GW: 140
    GW: 135

I can NOT wake up early to work out this week. I set my alarm, clothes are laid out and my brain screams no! And I go back to sleep.
    Calories are in check (at least I think, I’m getting conflicting advice on how many I should eat a day)
    Need motivation help!

Be careful taking advice on calories; it’s much better to use a tool! There are many online tools to calculate safe calorie restriction for weight, sex, age, and activity level.

If you are aiming for morning workouts (me too, I feel your pain) and you’ve slept in instead, do your workout in the afternoon or when you have time later in the day, even if it’s just a five minute warmup and stretching. That will make you 1. wish you had done your full morning workout 2. start your new ‘I am active every day’ habitual mindset. It sounds too simple but that is how I got and maintained a six-morning-a-week workout schedule that became so automatic that willpower wasn’t even an issue anymore. I am using the same approach to get back to the gym after a two month hiatus. I can’t wait to have that easy, good habit again! And, I know you can do it, too!
  • RredSonja
    Options
    ata1anta wrote: »
    You've piqued my interest. I'm also March (but a little further in). What with the holidays and such, this would be good.

HW - 325
    SW - 318
    CW - 238
    Challenge GW - 203
    GW - 168 - 155

Yes it will be good! My b-day is in Feb but I always like the first day in a month. And full moon days. Weird that way.

• ata1anta
    ata1anta Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    RredSonja wrote: »
    My best realization from having lost 100 pounds, and gaining back so much of that loss, is that keeping my progress is going to require continuing (possibly life long) food logging.

s'truth! When I'm not logging, I'm not losing or, at least, maintaining. I know not tracking is how I got to where I was and tracking is how I've gotten to where I am.

full moons are awesome! I love laying in bed and looking out the window at the moon-dappled yard.

• Believer150
    Options
    Hi...loving being part of this group already! I need accountability and friends to help me achieve a lifelong goal. Have gained and lost so many times but never hit my goal. Together we are stronger!
  • Chloaye
    Chloaye Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Would love to join in on this. I need a challenge and something to keep me movitvated and consistent. Really want a challenge. How do I join?

23yo
    5'2"
    SW: 186
    CW: 178
    GW: 150
  • 2020yesyouwill2020
    2020yesyouwill2020 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Okay I'm game.
    27 yr old
    5'7"
    202lbs currently
    167 would be 35 lbs lost
    Ultimate goal weight is 145lbs
  • 2020yesyouwill2020
    2020yesyouwill2020 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    This is going to be super great for me, I've been slacking.
  • HealthyNuMe
    HealthyNuMe Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in this will help me hit goal for sure.
    Thank you for posting.

HW - 257
    SW - 187
    CW - 164
    Challenge GW - 129
    GW - 133- 145

Wow 129 I don't even think I weight that little even back in my military days.

Let's do it I'm up for the challenge!
  • Fight4URHAPPINESS
    Fight4URHAPPINESS Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I’m so ready! Count me in

SW: 321
    CW: 315
    Challenge GW: 280
    GW:250

I really want to get out the 300s and feel amazing once again
  • monkey_86
    monkey_86 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am so ready to lose weight:

CW: 274.9
    Challenge weight: 239.9
    GW March: 215

I would really like to get closer to low 200 mark or even hopefully under 200 by March. I am really motivated and have been going consistently to the gym and cross fit. We got this guys!!!
  • HealthyNuMe
    Options
    Hi...loving being part of this group already! I need accountability and friends to help me achieve a lifelong goal. Have gained and lost so many times but never hit my goal. Together we are stronger!

I'm excited to believer what's your stats?
  • HealthyNuMe
    Options
    RredSonja wrote: »
    ata1anta wrote: »

HW - 325
    SW - 318
    CW - 238
    Challenge GW - 203
    GW - 168 - 155

Yes it will be good! My b-day is in Feb but I always like the first day in a month. And full moon days. Weird that way.

My birthday in February as well. Looking forward to this challenge. Thanks for posting.
  • mercedesfisk
    mercedesfisk Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'd love to get in on this.
  • RredSonja
    Options
    Welcome all! Nice to meet you. Please friend me if I don’t send you a request.

To join, just post your stats (or not, your choice!) and show up. Wednesday weigh-ins (again, up to you if you want to give us numbers) and encouragement anytime.

Here’s a question - what will your reward be?

Even if I don’t hit my March 1 goal weight, I am going to reward myself for getting back to eating healthy and working out. I want a tattoo when I reach my ultimate goal weight, so I’m going to spend a day visiting some tattoo shops in my area and interviewing artists, and add $100 to my tattoo fund jar. I want some sick sleeves!

What are you going to reward yourself with?