Replies

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday AM
    1. Smoothie for breakfast :)
    2. Take fish oil :)
    3. Bring left overs for lunch :)

Behind on goals for today but making it simpler!

JFT Friday
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Pick up couches >:) omg we got there and the truck headlights werent working as the sun was settng. Loaded the sectional and got 5 minutes down the road and it was too dark had to call a tow...4 hours later we got home.
    3. Remain calm and kind :) proud of this one given the unexpected situaution

JFT Saturday AM
    1. Check IN and BE ACCOUNTABLE :)
    2. Smoothie for breakfast :)
    3. Fish oil. :smile:

JFT Saturday
    1. Log all food
    2. Keep drinking water
    3. Rest

Jft sun am
    1.smoothie am
    2. Fish oil
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 I just did a Leslie Sansone 1 mile walk. Holy Crow! That's pretty intense! I definitely worked up a sweat and got my heart beat going! Lol
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    I dont know why I do this. I'll be active on the board until Wednesdayish and then just fall off the face of the planet. Sometimes I'll read the posts and not say anything and sometimes I just stay away. I know that this is part of the reason that the weight has slowly been creeping back on. I haven't been keeping myself accountable for what I have been eating or doing. I don't know why. I feel like I miss a day or two and then feel bad about not doing what I should be doing. Like I'm being a terrible friend to you all. I know that that isn't true but it's been rough. Flo just left so I hope I can get back on track. I haven't been cooking much or bringing my lunch to work. We've mainly been getting takeout because by the time dinner time rolls around I dont feel like getting off the couch. I know that this needs to change. I think that I am going to make a couple of batch meals today and tomorrow. Speaking of tomorrow, it's my brother's wedding. It snuck up on us awfully fast. It's going to be a potluck so I will have to take sensible portions and attempt to log. It's a wedding of theater people with mainly theater people as guests. Mom and Dad went to the rehearsal last night and said that it will definitely be interesting. Lol.

Okay...enough babbling. I think that I am going to keep my goals simple today. I think I might also look up one of the walking videos that @Snowflake1968 has mentioned. I have a very small house but I can definitely do some walking place(if that is what the videos actually are. Lol) The DH will probably look at me like I'm crazy but oh well. Lol.

Okay...on to goals!

1. Log what I eat
    2. Do laundry/fold clothes!
    3. Text M re Goodwill
    4. Put something in the Crockpot
    5. No nap!
    6. Figure out dinner
    7. Look up walking video

Okay. I think that that should be good!

Hannah, I totally get where you are coming from! It's hard to get on here when you work full time and have so much going on. We all have busy lives, and sometimes I know there are days I get on here and read the posts and don't have time to reply, so I tell myself I'll come back later and then I just forget. Pretty soon I'm so far behind I can't possibly get all caught up! We are a chatty group! Maybe just pop on here and post your goals without worrying about commenting or even reading everyone else's posts. We all know that you care! We are all busy living our lives outside of here! You do what works best for you, and if you need to take a break, then you do that! Just make sure you are taking care of YOU! <3
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 I just did a Leslie Sansone 1 mile walk. Holy Crow! That's pretty intense! I definitely worked up a sweat and got my heart beat going! Lol

Love Leslie Sansone's walk inside videos! I work harder on those than when I take a real walk outside! LOL!
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options

Love Leslie Sansone's walk inside videos! I work harder on those than when I take a real walk outside! LOL!

My hubby laughed the ENTIRE time. Lol. He kept trying to take videos of me but I gave him the stink eye every time. Lol. It definitely brightened both our moods. Lol.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Love!!
    Well, The Diet Soup Is On The Stove Cooking... How about my sister is ready to eat it.
    She says she doesn't feel good and the soup smells like it will make her feel better...
    Really?!!... Anyway, Wonderful Weekend!!! So Ready for this season. From November
    to May, I'm in the seasonal spirit. I love the crisp air of winter, my lungs appreciate the
    freshness of the air. I was asked out the other night, but haven't given an answer.
    Love to everyone on here. WELCOME TO THE NEW JOINERS!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @HEGoddard0928 - hugs! Sometimes there is just too much going on in life and it can be overwhelming. Don’t worry about not being able to respond to everyone on here.

Maybe it would help if you just concentrated on meal planning for a while. You always seem to have some yummy healthy recipes that you are trying for dinner so if you can carve out some free time to get back to that and ditch the takeaways it might get you back on track?

Well done for doing the video - even if Matt laughed! Next time challenge him to do it with you ;) Have a great time at the wedding!

@AJB1014 - sounds like a stressful situation. Well done for staying on track!

@maryrobinson40 - love your positivity about the new season. I hate the onset of colder winter weather! I will try and use you as my inspiration to look for the good stuff about autumn and winter. And you were asked out - exciting? Do you like this person? Either way, i guess it’s nice to have the compliment, which you totally deserve.

We have started Daylight Saving Time here in the UK and the clocks have gone back an hour so I’m up early. Was planning to take a rest day today but I’m awake and thinking maybe I should work out anyway?? A good day out yesterday and looking forward to a chilled day mostly at home today.

Saturday goals
    - morning workout (early!!) ✅
    - Leave by 9am for station - remember to take dad’s gift for her ✅ but then I accidentally brought it back home again!!
    - Pack some healthy snacks and make sensible choices ✅
    - Day in Manchester with younger sis ✅
    - Long walk? ❎ shopping with the kids instead as weather wasn’t great. But we walked a lot!
    - sort emails in the evening ❎ too tired.

Sunday goals
    - rest day??
    - Walk/jog with kids for coffee and grocery shopping
    - Pack schoolbags/check schedules ready for return to school
    - Sort emails
    - Christmas present research - godchildren and their siblings
    - Early night
  • gojolida
    gojolida Posts: 53 Member
    Options

Me too! It's great there are so many of them on Youtube now.
  • gojolida
    gojolida Posts: 53 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    3. Remain calm and kind

What a worthy goal! Love this.
    And my weight has swung up again, and I'm not sure why this time. Definitely a bummer.

How's your hydration been? sometimes that's all it is for me - i get dehydrated, eat salty food, and boom -- my weight is up -- sometimes as much as 4 lbs in a single day! it can be hormonal, too. try to hydrate and keep logging and it'll come down again!

Meanwhile just want to say I really liked reading your goals and your perspective. i agree, we should ALL be pro-voting! That's what democracy is all about.

- - - -

Sunday goals
    TO DO LIST:

( ) hydrate! 64 oz a day
    ( ) read a line in a book
    ( ) time myself at work for 2 hrs to stay focused without interruption (trying to work on regaining my longterm focus)
    ( ). eat a fresh veggie! (and ideally 5)

be healthy
    be mindul at work
    enjoy being a person on earth

These were my Saturday goals, too, and I did everything but 2 hrs of timed work. Kind of beating myself up about it, but I'll see how much I can get done today!
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options

Okay...on to goals!

1. Log what I eat 😫 Snack attack...
    2. Do laundry/fold clothes!😑 Did the laundry but didn't fold anything. They're still sitting in the bag.
    3. Text M re Goodwill 😀 We didn't end up going. Lol
    4. Put something in the Crockpot 😶 Yup... And I just looked over and it's still there...16 hours later...
    5. No nap! 😀
    6. Figure out dinner 😀 Honey sesame chicken and brown rice
    7. Look up walking video 😀 Did one too!

JFT 10-28-18

1. Attempt to log all food
    2. Throw out food in crock pot
    3. Make chocolate chip cookies
    4. Be ready to leave by 1:30
    5. Eat sensibly
    6. Have fun!

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Saturday
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Keep drinking water :)
    3. Rest :)

Jft sun am
    1.smoothie am :)
    2. Fish oil :)

Jft Sunday
    1. Log all food
    2. Make informed eating decisions - aka prelog
    3. Say what you feel
    4. Pick up couches
    5. Store trip or sanity? See how the day goes
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Saturday
    1. Feed cats. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Leave for Y by 7:30. Treadmill run. Strength class.
    2. Shower. Write discussion post.
    3. Check grocery list with D; choose meals. Grocery shopping. EARLY VOTING! Review essay.
    4. Lunch with B? Add page numbers and Works Cited to Monday JFT. Add 'leave for theater by 12:45' to Sunday JFT.
    5. Leave for park by 4:45. Take 3rd research essays. Steps to 10k. Add 'find effective/ineffective paraphrase examples' to Monday JFT.
    6. Prep Sun meals. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 11:45; devices off by 12:00.

JFT Sunday - alas, I can't use previous weeks for reference because apparently I've been slacking!
    1. Feed cats. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. QUIZ. Chop celery. Prep lunch for Monday.
    3. Lunch with B? AM park run - 5 miles. Write discussion post.
    4. Cleaning. Leave for theater by 12:45. Add TAKE SHOES to Monday JFT. Add 'find effective/ineffective paraphrase examples' to Monday JFT.
    5. Prep Mon lunch. Fruit and cheese. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    Today: 190.2

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October).
    4. Convert lesson plans to unit format. Create rubric for one-pager. Revise research checklists!
    5. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    6. Go to used bookstore and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion.
    11. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest. Minibuttons that say THIS IS WHAT ANTIFASCISM LOOKS LIKE. White text on black bars on red background.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,763 Member
    Options

JFT - Saturday October 27
    2L of Water 😕 only 1 and a half
    Calories in Green by 150 - in red by 150 but my movement from the craft sale is not recorded so I thibk it’s probably over
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 3/5
    Only 1 Evening Snack -🙂
    Walk 1 Mile - probably more but not a purposeful one
    Write in Journal - 😕
    Stay FOCUSED - DO IT - QUIT BEING DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF - 🙂

JFT - Sunday October 28
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    Walk 1 Mile
    Write in Journal
    Stay FOCUSED - DO IT - QUIT BEING DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF

Very busy morning at the craft sale. We have sold out of most of our best sellers. I’m not panicking though because they are buying some of the other pieces. I have 4 hours there today and then I will do a proper inventory and tally.

We are going to come up with a plan for making sure I’m not this tight at the rest of our shows.

I’m definitely doing this show again next year. It was certainly worth it!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT Thursday. I did take the curtains out - but theyre so wrinkled and they say no ironing and I'm hesitant to steam them because theyre the heat blocking kinda rubber backing - so I just laid them out for now but any tips appreciated! oil

What about washing them and letting them hang to dry or hanging them in the bathroom some how while you shower and let that steam do it?

My grandmother used to use a spray bottle with a fine mist on her curtains I remember her doing it but not sure if it was for wrinkles or a “freshening”.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Checking in from Friday
    1. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Saturday - check upcoming to-do list below; class at Y. Probably need to add parent calls for Monday.
    2. Finish week 14; check & update standards; draft week 15-16. ESSAY. Find "You Will Be Fine" or use Donorschoose. Write blog post.
    3. Class 2-3: Poetry: Survey; New S/V agreement worksheet. Project completion check. Rubric & reflection 31 for block 2.
    4. Class 4: Poetry: Survey. Project completion check.
    5. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block. Draft Machiavelli assessment. Find effective/ineffective paraphrase examples.
    6. Update class websites! WRITE A DOGGONE POST. Finish essay if possible. Call dr office to set up appt? Check on Feb 7.
    7. Leave for park by 4:45. Take 2nd research essays. Steps to 10k.
    8. Prep Sat lunch/dinner. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 11:45; devices off by 12:00.

JFT Saturday
    1. Feed cats. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Leave for Y by 7:30. Treadmill run. Strength class.
    2. Shower. Write discussion post.
    3. Check grocery list with D; choose meals. Grocery shopping. EARLY VOTING! Review essay.
    4. Lunch with B? Add page numbers and Works Cited to Monday JFT. Add 'leave for theater by 12:45' to Sunday JFT.
    5. Leave for park by 4:45. Take 3rd research essays. Steps to 10k. Add 'find effective/ineffective paraphrase examples' to Monday JFT.
    6. Prep Sun meals. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 11:45; devices off by 12:00.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    Today: 189

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October).
    4. Convert lesson plans to unit format. Create rubric for one-pager. Revise research checklists!
    5. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    6. Go to used bookstore and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion.
    11. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest. Minibuttons that say THIS IS WHAT ANTIFASCISM LOOKS LIKE. White text on black bars on red background.

And my weight has swung up again, and I'm not sure why this time. Definitely a bummer. Tonight is the last night at the haunted house, though, and I didn't try out for any Christmas theater stuff. I'm really looking forward to things being less hectic. (HA HA HA.) I did sign up to go knocking on doors next weekend and encouraging people to vote; I'm wondering if maybe next election cycle I can sign up with the Other Party because hey, we should ALL be pro-voting, right? And that way I can group up with people who see things differently from me and we can work together toward a shared goal. And maybe I can gain some understanding.

I’m not surprised you find things hectic! Great idea for the election, suppose the other party would accept you? I don’t understand your electoral process very well. There is an election this year but also the presidential election next year, is this year for the party leader?
  • Snowflake1968
    Options

I love these walks, I do a 3 mike one when I’m watching a recorded show and it goes by fast. I use the 1 mike ones at work sometimes for my move hourly goal. They burn a few calories and make me feel good. My hubby has gotten used to it. He finds her voice annoying though, WALK WALK WALK, so after the first couple times I just turn the volume down and go!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @faebert and @maryrobinson40 - I am not a winter person at all and struggle greatly with the comfort foods but I am determined to continue to lose this winter so I’m going to get stubborn and decide to embrace it!

Also, Farbert, I bought some Christmas presents this weekend for my niece and best friend. I also bought some stocking stuffers for my girls and their men. I bought the guys F bombs. They are felt ornaments that look like a bomb with the letter F on them. They will get a chuckle out of them.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    gojolida wrote: »
    3. Remain calm and kind

What a worthy goal! Love this.
    And my weight has swung up again, and I'm not sure why this time. Definitely a bummer.

How's your hydration been? sometimes that's all it is for me - i get dehydrated, eat salty food, and boom -- my weight is up -- sometimes as much as 4 lbs in a single day! it can be hormonal, too. try to hydrate and keep logging and it'll come down again!

Meanwhile just want to say I really liked reading your goals and your perspective. i agree, we should ALL be pro-voting! That's what democracy is all about.

- - - -

Sunday goals
    TO DO LIST:

( ) hydrate! 64 oz a day
    ( ) read a line in a book
    ( ) time myself at work for 2 hrs to stay focused without interruption (trying to work on regaining my longterm focus)
    ( ). eat a fresh veggie! (and ideally 5)

be healthy
    be mindul at work
    enjoy being a person on earth

These were my Saturday goals, too, and I did everything but 2 hrs of timed work. Kind of beating myself up about it, but I'll see how much I can get done today!

You are doing well! I have learned by being a part of this group that beating myself up doesn’t work. I need to log it, be accountable that I didn’t do something by posting my slips as much as my accomplishments and move on! It’s really helped me not glide back into that “well I ate bad today, might as well eat bad all week and start again on Sunday” mentality.
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    So I made about 5 dozen chocolate chip cookies this morning to bring to the wedding. It's a pot luck. I ate five...I think. But I have dually recorded them. I think I'm going to stick to basic things that I know for dinner tonight and take very small portions. I know there will be lots of stairs and a bit of a walk from the parking to the theater. Did I mention that the wedding is at a play house in the heart of Philadelphia? Lol. That's where my brother lives. The reception is in an illegal bar in the top floor of the play house. I think I might do a couple of rounds up the stairs or something. Lol. Something up get my blood flowing.