Rant alert, I really need to vent!

Options
I've been steadily loosing weight over the last 2 years and am currently at 53lb down, my husband and I are taking a trip of a lifetime in 4 weeks and my current goal is to hit 56lb down at that point. I have new dresses in smaller sizes and some are still just a tad tight. So the pressure is on a little.
My husband knows this.

My exercise is walking to walk 2-3 times a week but I have been unable to do that this week, and probably next week too as my idiot son wrote his car off and I need to give him lifts to work (a 36m round trip). Also we have had some house guests this week, my daughter went on a school trip and at least 3 nights I got to bed at 1.30am for a 6.30 alarm.
So, no exercise, little sleep and 2 nights of entertaining have resulted in no movement on the scales and I'm feeling quite frustrated.

This morning my husband and I had a small row, just a few words nothing major.
Later he wanted to take his daughter out to the shops and asked if I wanted to go and we'd go for some lunch (McDonalds no doubt) I said no thanks as I didn't want to eat out as it was difficult to fit into my eating plan with only 4 weeks to go. So off they went.

A few hours later they came home and he said oh I've got you a little present - awww, sweet I thought.

It was a twelve box of KrispyKreme donuts. For. F*#*s. Sake!

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry! I had to look pleased otherwise it looks like I'm ungrateful.
I don't want to eat them, I really don't want the calories, but if I leave them he'll be upset. (They're not all for me btw).
I took one and had a small bite and when he wasn't looking I threw it away.
What a waste of food and money, and how flipping inconsiderate knowing how hard I've worked for the last 2 years.

Rant over, thanks.

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I wish I could give you a hug.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Thank you, getting it out has helped.
  • Jackie9003
    Options
    I have to agree on both points!
  • kami3006
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    I will eat the leftovers.

The line starts here!
  • Jackie9003
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    But, now you've vented and have a fantastic once-in-a-lifetime trip to look forward to!!!

I am beyond excited!
  • Jackie9003
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    zyxst wrote: »
    I will eat the leftovers.

The line starts here!

You are most welcome to them....
    2 years ago they would have been eaten in the evening, now I can walk past the shop without going in lol
  • Jackie9003
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    I have been known to 'accidently' ruin tempting food gifts: spill water on it, drop it in the trash, leave it accessible for the dog, add salt instead of sugar, sit on it, forget to refrigerate, etc...

Ooooh some good ideas there!
  • kami3006
    Options
    We get them occasionally but not a dozen. Just enough to fit into whatever we’ve planned for.
    I do eye them all the time though. 🙂
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Throw them in the freezer and take them out one at a time. Maybe one per week. He was trying to be thoughtful, but obviously missed the mark (I was going to say target, but I'm not convinced that even landed on the same page as the target).

See, I think doughnuts are a complete waste of calories so I'd take them to work.

But my husband knows that. He'd show up with chocolate.

I'm not big on donuts either. They are good once in a while, but not on the list of things I crave.
  • Jackie9003
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Throw them in the freezer and take them out one at a time. Maybe one per week. He was trying to be thoughtful, but obviously missed the mark (I was going to say target, but I'm not convinced that even landed on the same page as the target).

I'm not sure if they freeze, it's the filled ones not the ring ones, which seem to be about 400 cals.
    He does mean well and it was quite sweet but what's wrong with flowers lol