October goal - 151 Lbs
    Ultimate goal - 150 Lbs
    **I might lower my goal to 140 once I meet my original goal**

Sep 29 - 156
    Oct 6 - 153.8
    Oct 13 - 152.8
    Oct 20 - 151.4
    Oct 27 - Forgot to weigh!
    Oct 28 - 151.8 (ugh stupid time of the month)
    Oct 31 -

Total goal loss for October: 5 Lbs
    Actual October loss:
  • JennH517
    JennH517 Posts: 256 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Happy Sunday,everyone!

Is it because the weather is cooler and I want to bulk up to hibernate? I have really struggled with feeling hungry the last couple of weeks. I have given in, too, so my resulting gain isn't a surprise.

We are coming into the time of year that is very food-centric. For me, I think if I can get through without a significant gain, that is a win.

I am still under/over 200. Like my body is playing mind games with me. The fact that my current weight range is where I never could get past before may also be a factor, both physically and psychologically.

I will check in mid week to close out the month. Hang in there, friends!

Highest weight ever: 254 in October 1999.

Lowest since 1999: 195.

Original starting weight: 243 in 2015.

MFP Starting weight December 25th, 2016: 233

Goal: 180 in however long it takes.

Weekly averages:
    September 24th - 30th: 201.1 I gained 0.8 lb. in September.
    October 1-7: 200.5
    October 8 - 14: 200.4
    October 15 - 21: 200.3
    October 22 - 28: 200.8 <--- Going the wrong way again!

Loss for October: 0.3 lbs

MFP Loss: 32.2 lbs

Total cumulative loss since mid 2015: 42.2 lbs

Until next week... and still trying to get back to ONEderland!

Move more, eat less.

123142580.png

• tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 3,980 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @JennH517, Try this, it could help. I posted this for @deepwoodslady, at her request, on another challenge. She calls it The Triple Threat, lol. Love her❤

•Infused water for fluid retention•

** In a half gallon of water. 1 cucumber sliced, 2 lemons sliced or just squeeze the juice into the water, 10 sprigs of parsley, let it steep overnight or at least 2 hours and drink it throughout the day

• JennH517
    JennH517 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    @tiabirdie56 Thanks! I don't think water retention is an issue as such, I just need to tighten up my food choices and portions some.

I really appreciate the support 😁 it really does help to know we are in this together.

Jenn
  • tiabirdie56
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @JennH517, You're welcome. Yes, we are in this together. Still, tuck that recipe away for a time you might need it.
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    emajarrett wrote: »
    Original starting weight - 136
    October starting weight - 124lbs
    October goal - 119
    Ultimate goal - 119.... but think I will head to 116

Oct 1 - 124
    Oct 7- 123
    Oct 14- 127... result of a weeks holiday and intensive sport
    Oct 21- 121
    Oct 29 - 119
    Oct 31-

Having hit my goal today I realise I still have a fair amount of tummy fat to lose and I'd like to get nearer my old weight of 114 but 116 would be fine. I will have a new goal that will be will be maintaining a sensible weight and building back muscle as I have lost muscle for sure the last few months. I have no idea how I will do that yet.... I need to learn more about nutrition and keeping stress levels under control... always my trigger to comfort eating. I'm going to the gym and using some weights but can't see any progress yet.... top tips welcome!

Motivation for me .... just being strong and healthy, as my mum died this year from cancer , and having some sense of control.

I love the sensible goal set in this group....slow and steady wins the day.

So sorry to read about the loss of your mum, it is never easy. I lost mine in September of 2016. And I still miss her. But now I can say it with a smile and all the wonderful memories she left us with. And huge Congratulations on making goal weight. I think you have hit the nail dead on, with making the comment the challenge for everyone is to maintain our weight losses. And stay within our goal areas. I know you can do it.
  • maureenkhilde
    Options
    JennH517 wrote: »
    Happy Sunday,everyone!

Is it because the weather is cooler and I want to bulk up to hibernate? I have really struggled with feeling hungry the last couple of weeks. I have given in, too, so my resulting gain isn't a surprise.

We are coming into the time of year that is very food-centric. For me, I think if I can get through without a significant gain, that is a win.

I am still under/over 200. Like my body is playing mind games with me. The fact that my current weight range is where I never could get past before may also be a factor, both physically and psychologically.

Weekly averages:

Move more, eat less.

123142580.png

Just a thought I had after reading your post. Do you log everything you eat? Maybe if you made yourself very diligent about doing so it would help you? Or even if you worked on doing so say Monday through Friday and banked some calories for the weekend? I admit this is what I do most weeks. I eat below on average during week so for both Saturday and Sunday I will have an extra 300 calories. Plus I make a point that on Saturday and Sunday to go on long walks. This has really helped me, feel more in power.
  • maureenkhilde
    Options
    @JennH517, Try this, it could help. I posted this for @deepwoodslady, at her request, on another challenge. She calls it The Triple Threat, lol. Love her❤

•Infused water for fluid retention•

** In a half gallon of water. 1 cucumber sliced, 2 lemons sliced or just squeeze the juice into the water, 10 sprigs of parsley, let it steep overnight or at least 2 hours and drink it throughout the day

Thanks for posting this, I lost this had from another site and accidently deleted. Now I have it back. Thanks a bunch.
  • tiabirdie56
    Options
    •Lose 5 lbs in October•

9/30 - 179 - A 3.6 lb loss for September. A blessing! Thankful.

Original starting wgt: 253
    October starting weight: 179.6
    October goal: 175

•Monday Updates•

10/1- 179.6
    10/8 - 181.4 - Fluid retention. Too many carbs and not enough sleep
    10/15 - 180.2
    10/22 - 177.4

10/29 - 178.2 - Back on the weight rollercoaster!

• stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,612 Member
    Options
    Oct.1-242.8
    oct.7-240.8
    Oct.14-241.8
    Oct.21- 243.2
    Oct.28-240.4
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,829 Member
    Options
    Female named Donna - 58 years young - 5’ 5 ½” - Midwest USA

SOMETIMES I GIVE IN………BUT I NEVER GIVE UP !!!

145320379.png

I am weighing in on the First and the Last day of each month for a full monthly results total.

Highest Weight Ever: 253 ( in 2014/2015)
    Original starting weight - 235 (on Jan 11, 2018)

Ultimate goal – 145 lbs by Valentine’s Day. By March 15, 2019 I hope to weigh no more than 153 after an initial and expected water weight gain after transitioning off my diet. I am allowing for (hopefully no more than) 8 pounds for the water weight.

October starting weight - 174.0
    October goal - 5 lb Loss to be at 169.0
    October Actual End Weight: TBD

DON'T FORGET TO SCHEDULE YOUR MAMMOGRAM

Oct 01: 174.0 starting weight
    Oct 08: 174.8 Well, that’s not what I was hoping for! I’ve got to start moving more again to create the deficit.
    Oct 15: 175.4 I forgot to post yesterday, but I weighed in. Not so good. I need to remember that nothing tastes as good as healthy feels!
    Oct 22: 177.8 Spent a few days at my DB’s house following his surgery and stayed completely off plan with the diet and the exercise. But I was happy to see him and to be able to help. Prepping food today to get back on the horse here. My plan is to be able to type my weight next week in red instead of green ink!
    Oct 29: 177.0 Lots of travel this past week with lots of food and water retention. However, I managed to pull it back around just in time for todays weigh-in. I will be weighing in again on the 31st to show the entire months loss (or more likely—gain).
    Oct 31:

Final Thoughts:
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    emajarrett wrote: »
    Having hit my goal today I realise I still have a fair amount of tummy fat to lose and I'd like to get nearer my old weight of 114 but 116 would be fine. I will have a new goal that will be will be maintaining a sensible weight and building back muscle as I have lost muscle for sure the last few months.

... I'm going to the gym and using some weights but can't see any progress yet.... top tips welcome!

Have you read the Recomp thread?
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1

Definitely more weight training and eating the right amount of protein, to lose body fat while keeping lean muscle mass.

What do you do with weights?
    Are you a beginner? Or coming back to weights?

Stronglift 5x5 is great to start.

Just always be lifting heavy for you, to make your muscles work harder every time at the gym.

Ask me any specific questions.

I'm focusing on recomposition, trying to reduce body fat.

Amanda
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,217 Member
    Options
    Original MFP starting weight (January 2018) - 168.2
    October starting weight - 146.8
    October goal - 143
    Ultimate goal - Range between 142 - 148

September 30 - 146.8
    October 1 - 149.2
    October 8 - 146.6
    October 15- 145.4
    October 22 - 144.6
    October 29 - 149.6 Wait! WHAT?!?
    October 31 -

Total loss for October: GAINED some. "Only" a half pound if I count from October 1, but 2.8 pounds if I start a day before that. Yeah, it's just fluctuations....

I am still participating in monthly weight loss challenges like this one, but until I'm solidly steady back in the middle or bottom my goal range, so I'm also participating in maintenance challenges like THIS ONE..

• tramaine_21
    tramaine_21 Posts: 348 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    JennH517 wrote: »
    Happy Sunday,everyone!

Weekly averages:

Move more, eat less.

123142580.png

Jenn, you and I are in the same boat, my friend. I've felt the hibernation feeling since late September, but I've been motivated to get back on track at least before Thanksgiving! I'm sure my weigh-in tomorrow will not be great. My edema hasn't been too kind either. Too much sugar=puffy legs and feet! I, too have been eating erratically and dealing with portions sizes as well. The holidays can be very frustrating and the struggle is real, but look how far we've come. We both touched Onederland--which was no easy feat! I have to remind myself who am I doing this for? Why am I here? I answer: I am doing this for a healthier me because I want to feel good and live longer. That's it! To be alive and well! So, let's not give up! *Pray and Breathe*
  • emajarrett
    emajarrett Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks Amanda. I have only recently started strength training with weights so about 6-8 weeks n. I know I don't eat enough protein so that is something I need to try and change. I risk being skinny fat and know my legs are too low in muscle. I think building muscle is for me harder than losing the pounds and that is tough enough! I will ask my new PT to sit me down and talk nutrition. I don't want this to be all consuming just part of my everyday life and would like by next summer to be slim but strong and healthy.
  • sunshinedaydream21
    sunshinedaydream21 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    October starting wt: 154.8
    October goal wt: 150
    Goal weight: 145

01: 154.8
    08: 155.8 *It is thanksgiving here so a big eating weekend but I will get back on track next week.
    15: 154.6
    22: 155.6
    31: 156.6

Why is dieting so much harder for me in the fall? I think it's a combination of being less active (I was getting about 16000 steps on my fitbit most summer days and now I am down to 10000) and just wanting to stay home and be cozy....it is cold already where we live...but I also eat more when I am home. And cook more comfort foods in the fall. To my detriment.

So for November I need to take a completely different focus...I am going to look for a good indoor workout routine and get very regimented with my diet like I was in the summer. Still determined to hit my goal weight of 145 by the end of the year.

Total loss for October: gained 2 lbs