What did you do with clothes that are now too large for you?

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    I donated all of my clothes as they became too big the last time I lost weight. Not having clothes that were comfortable kick-started me to start losing again. Now the ones that I had bought the last time are getting loose so I'll need to buy the next size down soon and these ones will be donated.
  • Sammylou40s
    Sammylou40s Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I sold the entire contents of my wardrobe on eBay.
    Swimwear, lingerie, everything.
    I list three times and if it hasn’t sold then it goes to charity.
    It’s taken 6 months. Obviously if you sell in accordance with the seasons it’s better. No one wants a faux fur coat in August!!!
    Every bit adds up. I’ve totalled £850. And I have spent it buying pre owned clothes from eBay and charity shops. My wardrobe is now complete.
  • mray5894
    mray5894 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I donated all of my clothes to The GoodWill...there was tons of TRIPLE X's and lots of DOUBLE X's....Years ago I lost a substantial amount of weight. And then I gained it all back...This time around I made a pact w/ myself. To lose weight and never go back to the 3X's...So one good way not to go back to the fat shaming clothes was to git rid of the entire wardrobe completely...Now that's my MOTIVATION to press on forward and not turn back...
  • carolintally
    carolintally Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Keeping fat clothes is, for me, preparing to fail. Part of my weight loss journey has been the joy of replacing clothes as they become too large. Instant reward! Our town has two good consignment shops where I've both sold and bought clothes. Goodwill offers the opportunity to donate and to search for "finds." Over the years I've changed my approach to clothes and, with a few exceptions, view them as fully disposable items rather than as personal "furnishings" that need to be retained.
  • LineDancer2023
    LineDancer2023 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I take mine to a consignment shop. The money I make, I spend there buying clothes that fit.
  • rainycs65
    rainycs65 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sold them at a consignment shop and donated what didn't sell.
  • Erinloveable
    Erinloveable Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I keep em because I still love pizza ha.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I'm keeping a pair of jeans (52W) and a shirt that was my Homer Simpson outfit a few years back. I'm going to wear it all again for Halloween one year.

I'd like to say I've donated the rest, but truth be told I have a pile in the bedroom (like @pinuplove a few pages back) that I need to sort and donate but I just haven't gotten around to.

Oh, and I went through my suit jackets last night and my wife laughed as I put them on.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I'm keeping a pair of jeans (52W) and a shirt that was my Homer Simpson outfit a few years back. I'm going to wear it all again for Halloween one year.

I'd like to say I've donated the rest, but truth be told I have a pile in the bedroom (like @pinuplove a few pages back) that I need to sort and donate but I just haven't gotten around to.

Oh, and I went through my suit jackets last night and my wife laughed as I put them on.

@Tacklewasher And they are still there :tongue: I've given up on the bags and just started piling things on top.
    d76vqmo1ahjb.jpg
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    And they are still there :tongue: I've given up on the bags and just started piling things on top.

I think maybe it's time you got rid of those... :)

Just think... in that space, you could put a nice narrow display shelf thingy to show off some of your new shoes... :tongue:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I'm saving them because I plan to use the fabric for future craft projects.
  • Tacklewasher
    Options

@Tacklewasher And they are still there :tongue: I've given up on the bags and just started piling things on top.
    d76vqmo1ahjb.jpg

Way more organized then my crap.
  • pinuplove
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    And they are still there :tongue: I've given up on the bags and just started piling things on top.

Just think... in that space, you could put a nice narrow display shelf thingy to show off some of your new shoes... :tongue:

Yeah, maybe this weekend (said the queen of procrastination) :tongue:

d76vqmo1ahjb.jpg

I'm waiting for it to fall over.
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Keep or donate? If you are keeping them, why?

I donated mine and now 2 years later I could use them again. I'm working on getting back on track but life threw some *kitten* at me and my old ways crept back in.
  • Tacklewasher
    Options

d76vqmo1ahjb.jpg

Surprised your cats haven't toppled it.
  • pinuplove
    Options

d76vqmo1ahjb.jpg

Surprised your cats haven't toppled it.

The cats aren't allowed in our bedroom. They aggravate my allergies too much :frowning: Plus I'm not fond of sleeping in a pile of cat fur.
  • Johnd2000
    Johnd2000 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Everything usable went to the local charity shop (where I got much of my new wardrobe). I’ve still got a parka that could House a family of four, so I’m planning to give that to a rough sleeper when the cold weather hits.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    I bagged a bunch of shirts last night. I had been putting that off as you can sort of get away with wearing shirts that are too big and I have been slow about getting enough smaller shirts. Also, I like island shirts and everyone knows that so I had a large collection, many of which were gifts. I thought about saving some, but that would have mushroomed into too many really quickly so I bagged them all.

I got 3 nice shirts (long sleeve button down) at Goodwill for about #12 total.
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I've finally reached the point where I'm confident enough to donate my big clothes! And it feels GOOD! ;)