Getting bullied for being skinny

preciousleks
preciousleks Posts: 213 Member

Am 23 yrs and I weight 138lbs, 5'8 tall. I have gained 2lbs this past month. I get bullied for being skinny. It hurts. As am writing this post tears are just flooding my eyes. We are leaving in a world full of hatred. I have been doing home exercises like squats, glute bridges, kickbacks and hip thrust. And I have been trying to eat 200+calories. I want a revenge body. I will not let people bring me down. Any help?
The upper pic was in 2015 and I was 99lbs
And the lower one is last month 136lbs

1nzeibtccurw.jpg
vo9j7cap6avp.jpg

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    have you looked at the link to actual lifting programs yet?
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    I concur--you look great. I'd look into jealousy. There's nothing wrong with you, so look the bullies in the eye and own it.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Those bullying you are just jealous because they don't look as gorgeous as you do. They feel bad about themselves so want to bring you down to their level. Take no notice of them. Go out into the world with the confidence that you truly are beautiful.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    I'm the same height and @141 lbs right now.
    I think you look nice and shouldn't listen to what everyone else says. I think you have a good body and are beautiful.
    I would look into a strength training program though. Do you have access to a gym?
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Take it from a guy - you look great - ignore the bullies - they are dumb. You might want to look at a weight lifting program
  • lowcarbmale
    lowcarbmale Posts: 145 Member
    I fail to see what's wrong with your body. Looks healthy imho
  • 100_PROOF_
    Op - where do you live? And who are these people that are bullying you? Have you told them that they must stop commenting on your body and that it hurts your feelings?
    I'm wondering if they are actually jealous because you look very normal to me.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    You look stunning! Own it Girl! Weights will give you some definition and there're some amazing folks on here to assist if you want. You're at a healthy weight and I suspect your bullies aren't.
  • preciousleks
    Goodness, I think you look beautiful in both pictures! I am also 5'8" and 137 lbs is considered ideal weight for that height. In college I used to model while weighing 112 - 120 lbs and although that was underweight by BMI (and also not ideal in terms of health - I was anemic at that weight) it was clearly fine in terms of what I looked like. Who are these mean people bullying you?

Thank you. Am being bullied by the people who know me or have known me for long. Words like, you don't eat? You are too skinny, you look like a child, you are the opposite of me, you are too bony.
  • preciousleks
    solieco1 wrote: »
    You look stunning! Own it Girl! Weights will give you some definition and there're some amazing folks on here to assist if you want. You're at a healthy weight and I suspect your bullies aren't.

Thank you. That's why am here. I want positive people like you to help me on this journey.
  • preciousleks
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »
    Op - where do you live? And who are these people that are bullying you? Have you told them that they must stop commenting on your body and that it hurts your feelings?
    I'm wondering if they are actually jealous because you look very normal to me.

Maybe jealousy. They are not like me
  • preciousleks
    I think you look nice and shouldn't listen to what everyone else says. I think you have a good body and are beautiful.
    I would look into a strength training program though. Do you have access to a gym?

I don't go to the gym. I have been doing the exercises I mentioned above at home for 1 month now. Am seeing results and am eating 2000+ calories. Thank you for supporting me
  • preciousleks
    I concur--you look great. I'd look into jealousy. There's nothing wrong with you, so look the bullies in the eye and own it.

I will try to do that. Thank you for your support
  • preciousleks
    You people should add
  • 100_PROOF_

I don't go to the gym. I have been doing the exercises I mentioned above at home for 1 month now. Am seeing results and am eating 2000+ calories. Thank you for supporting me

It's okay if you can't make it to the gym, there's still plenty of strength training you can do at home. YouTube has plenty of videos for at home strength training ideas. Do you have access to any weights? Maybe look into purchasing some to use in your house. Even if it's just some kettlebells . I really think you could benefit from strength training.

Don't listen to those people who say you don't look good. You look just fine. I have a feeling that they are probably jealous of you because you truly are beautiful and have a good looking body. ( Look at my posting history,I can assure you that I'm not just saying this to make you feel better. I only give compliments when they are truly deserved. I don't blow smoke up people's as$ ) I know it's hard to ignore people who hurt your feelings so maybe try to tell them how much their negative comments hurt you and how you would like them to stop commenting on your body. You look great.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Family members are saying these things, right? They are dead wrong. You are beautiful and you eat properly.

Look in to how to set boundaries with people. How you eat and what your body looks like is your personal business and is off limits.

It might seem difficult to stop family members from behaving badly but there are ways, if you are creative.

If they are at all sensible have a quiet chat about how these comments are hurtful. Ask them to pick a new subject to talk about. End with a warning that if they ever do bring up your eating or body image again you will leave the room. Then follow through.

If they are not sensible leave out any mentions on how this affects you. Don’t be vulnerable in front of fools. When you are in a room with this person stand tall with your shoulders back, looking as confident as you can be. Fake it if you have to. If they make a hurtful comment do not respond and change the subject. If they persist excuse yourself and go somewhere else.
  • preciousleks
    edited November 2018

@100_PROOF_
    Thank you so much. i will try to buy some kettlebells. Am an active member, so i will update results every end of month.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    Those bullying you are just jealous because they don't look as gorgeous as you do. They feel bad about themselves so want to bring you down to their level. Take no notice of them. Go out into the world with the confidence that you truly are beautiful.

^^this^^
    THE BEST REVENGE IS LIVING WELL