Attitude Adjustments! (please share YOURS)

Options
13»

Replies

• LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I'm still on my weight loss journey, but my attitude has completely changed from previous attempts.
    I stopped being an 'all or nothing' girl. I'd cheat before and then have the mindset of.. oh.. well I already ruined the diet, might as well just eat all the junk again.
    I was actually afraid of that happening again this time, so I didn't have a single cheat for a long time until last week... and then the next day I hopped right back on my diet.

And I also look at junk food a little different. I do still crave some of it, but I tell myself that.. it's not going anywhere. That junk food is still going to be there once I'm in maintenance and can finally eat some of it in moderation.

And when I'm feeling intimidated by how much I still need to lose or how long it may take... it's nothing compared to living the rest of my life healthy and happy with myself. I can either continue being miserable and hating what I see in the mirror, or I can take this year or so to finally do something about it. No more excuses, no more self pity.
  • williamgowjr
    williamgowjr Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I make everything a “mental game” with life changing detours. I quit smoking years ago by telling myself that cigarettes were foul, disgusting smelling things (they actually are though :smile: ). I quit cold turkey with no issues because I had set myself up mentally. The smell actually turned my stomach. But I gained 80 pounds in 6 months so I restarted. Ok, time to try another angle here… Loss the weight, establish good eating habits and kick the habit once again.
    With weight loss, I do the same psych approach. I have convinced myself that soda is disgusting and that certain foods that I used to love are just not as tasty anymore. I have lost 52+ pounds in 3 months (35 of those were within 60 days) by telling myself this so I am a firm believer in mentally messing with your brain as it does wonders! 
  • DW1Texas
    DW1Texas Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    AmyC2288 wrote: »
    The biggest thing for me so far has been overcoming my attitude about the gym. I was SO terrified of going at first because I was overly concerned about what people would think of me/that I didn't belong/would look ridiculous etc...

-32 lbs later and I actually enjoy going now which is something I never thought I would say! I can see myself continuing to go long term which is really exciting as I know this will help bring me much closer to reaching my goals!

THIS!

jza275t83lak.jpeg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!