Men's Lifestyle MFP Thread

Options
Mr_Healthy_Habits
Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member

I enjoy reading articles from Men's Health and the likes... So, creating the Men's Lifestyle Thread...

A place to discuss Men's related topics such as articles, advice, questions, opinions, entertainment, fitness, memes, sports, etc etc...

Feel free to post a manly photo of yourself, your meal, your hobbies, your passion...

And of course Women welcome to share any thoughts because.... Studies show men feel more energetic, and fatigue less when they are around.

Replies

• Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    i just finished changing the spark plugs and wires out in my pickup. been putting it off but weathers beautiful today. think I'm gonna go ahead and take it through the car wash in a bit. finally polish the wheels after. it's been forever since i have.

gonna cook me a steak later.
    prob have a cigar and a beer after that.

That's bad *kitten* lol... I'm inspired
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    Going with my Brother and my boy to see the Sharks play tonight in San Jose... #funtimes
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    i just finished changing the spark plugs and wires out in my pickup. been putting it off but weathers beautiful today. think I'm gonna go ahead and take it through the car wash in a bit. finally polish the wheels after. it's been forever since i have.

What kinda beer Man?

I've always been a wine hard alcohol kinda guy but I've recently discovered that I love IPAs lol...

Looking for new things to try...
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options

What kinda beer Man?

I've always been a wine hard alcohol kinda guy but I've recently discovered that I love IPAs lol...

just some Shiner. i don't drink beer very often tbh. i usually go for whiskey. but i got my stogie for later and i haven't had a beer with one of those in forever so i figured I'd live a little
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »

What kinda beer Man?

just some Shiner. i don't drink beer very often tbh. i usually go for whiskey. but i got my stogie for later and i haven't had a beer with one of those in forever so i figured I'd live a little

Im not one to light up a stogie, but sipping a little Irish whiskey sitting next to a fire on a cool fall evening sounds like it might suit me for tonights festivities.

i got a camping trip planned in a few weeks but wont be able to have a fire during sad to say
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

What kinda beer Man?

Im not one to light up a stogie, but sipping a little Irish whiskey sitting next to a fire on a cool fall evening sounds like it might suit me for tonights festivities.

What kinda beer Man?

i got a camping trip planned in a few weeks but wont be able to have a fire during sad to say

Normally I love a Pinot Noir, red wine but I'm not going to kill a bottle to myself and the wife's still not drinking...

So beer lol... Plus here in the bay area there's a lot of domestic producers and it gives me a chance to patronage local people

I've found like 2 organic producers but I'll admit, I really don't know the first thing about beers lol
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    Well considering how many men are reluctant to go see a doctor, the best advice a woman can give is to go see the doctor when needed. Your misguided aversion in taking a serious interest into your own health is contributing to the very things you fear most. Being proactive can contribute to your quality of life as you age.

Wise words... I might never had started trying to lose weight if not for my Dr actually...

Although I still hold on to this belief that they aren't going to do anything to help me anyway... Probably same reason most men don't go
  • Chael2dot0
    Chael2dot0 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Men, be a financial leader for yourself or for your family. Invest and keep a tight budget so You have retirement savings.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    Well considering how many men are reluctant to go see a doctor, the best advice a woman can give is to go see the doctor when needed. Your misguided aversion in taking a serious interest into your own health is contributing to the very things you fear most. Being proactive can contribute to your quality of life as you age.

I agree with this. I went to the hospital on gut instinct because I felt something wasn't quite right. In that visit, I was told by a cardiologist that I was weeks away from dropping dead if I hadn't come in.

So now, with that knowledge, when I drop dead, it won't be such a big surprise to everyone.

Wow, well I'm glad they were able to help you Man.

Got me thinking, my grandfather died at 50 of an aneurysm... They are hereditary with no symptoms.

I need to start considering things like this.

Best wishes :heart:
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    edited November 2018
    Options
    x1cxs93pw6ls.jpg

Summers gone but here's a men's style "hack" if you will..

I bought this last summer and absolutely love wearing it whenever outside in the sun, it helps my sensitive eyes and has saved me many headaches...

Plus I'm not sure why but I always feel like I'm noticed more when I wear it... Maybe it gives off that, I'm smart enough to think of this vibe, or the I don't really care what you think about my hat vibe, or the I'm no stranger to the outdoors vibe... For some reason, ladies love the hat.

Maybe they just can't help but notice the saucer on my head 🤷🏽‍♂️😂...

Either way... Can't take full credit, I got the idea from my Uncle Hector who's one of the coolest guys I know lol...
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    Im not a manly man ( besides the way i eat i guess) and spending hours just washing and detailing them

But i think the manliest part of me is taking my cars apart and tweaking/modifying them to my own liking

tb2uqd5cra3v.jpeg
    wucqmhvg9eid.jpeg
    vsxy8wy4oj5b.jpeg

slc1kb4wq9td.jpeg

That's awesome Dude, this guy needs his own article in Maxim for Men 🤜🤛
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    x1cxs93pw6ls.jpg

I bought this last summer and absolutely love wearing it whenever outside in the sun, it helps my sensitive eyes and has saved me many headaches...

Plus I'm not sure why but I always feel like I'm noticed more when I wear it... Maybe it gives off that, I'm smart enough to think of this vibe, or the I don't really care what you think about my hat vibe, or the I'm no stranger to the outdoors vibe...

Either way... Can't take full credit, I got the idea from my Uncle Hector who's one of the coolest guys I know lol...

That's a Panama Hat! They are super lightweight and good for sun protection. They were designed for day laborers working every day in 95 degree weather with near 100% humidity. I used to have a good one but my cat got a hold of it.

It's funny, but in Panama, while they are sold extensively in tourist shops, it's rare to actually see a Panamanian wearing one. They've kind of become a "gringo cap" as you're much more likely to see a tourist wearing one around.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    x1cxs93pw6ls.jpg

Plus I'm not sure why but I always feel like I'm noticed more when I wear it... Maybe it gives off that, I'm smart enough to think of this vibe, or the I don't really care what you think about my hat vibe, or the I'm no stranger to the outdoors vibe... For some reason, ladies love the hat.

"Saucer on my head" you crack me up :laugh:
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    MikePTY wrote: »
    x1cxs93pw6ls.jpg

Plus I'm not sure why but I always feel like I'm noticed more when I wear it... Maybe it gives off that, I'm smart enough to think of this vibe, or the I don't really care what you think about my hat vibe, or the I'm no stranger to the outdoors vibe...

That's a Panama Hat! They are super lightweight and good for sun protection. They were designed for day laborers working every day in 95 degree weather with near 100% humidity. I used to have a good one but my cat got a hold of it.

It's funny, but in Panama, while they are sold extensively in tourist shops, it's rare to actually see a Panamanian wearing one. They've kind of become a "gringo cap" as you're much more likely to see a tourist wearing one around.

Today I learned... Lol

Awesome, I can totally see all of that... It definitely helps you to get noticed.

And I don't look all pissed off with a furrowed brow because the sun's in my face lol
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

And of course Women welcome to share any thoughts because.... Studies show men feel more energetic, and fatigue less when they are around.

Thanks for inviting the girls, you know I'd come anyway, but it's nicer to feel welcome!
    These "men" threads are some of my favourites!

I feel more energetic already :smirk: lol