Im 35 Mother of 3 and im extremly Obese. and Scared

Options
I need all the Support I can get because even tho I am scared this weight will kill me I have NO motivation. I need pushed and I need support.

Replies

• GreenSkinnyJeans
    GreenSkinnyJeans Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Isn't realizin you DO have a chance of getting healthy a good motiviation?
    The first step is to realize you CAN do it, and you WILL do it, if you give it your all.
    Good luck, and remember all the things you want to be alive,active, and well for.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Well you've made a great start by joingin us here on MFP - welcome :smile:

Have a look at some of the success stories that people have posted - I always find those very inspiring.
  • mmoonstars
    mmoonstars Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me, I only started a few weeks ago, at least with tracking/getting serious about the food half, I've been slowly working my way up on the exercise thing.

So far I am loving MFP as a way to look at what's a good choice and what isn't, the nice thing is that every day is a fresh start.

Good luck I think you will find lots of friends and support here :happy:
  • NyxDominique
    NyxDominique Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Welcome,

You have taken the first step. Now keep with it!
  • Slimntrim90
    Options
    Welcome to myfitnesspal! We are all on the same journey here and that really helps. I started at 203 (my highest) and am now down to 181. This is the first time in my life I have ever needed to lose weight so badly and the first time I have been successful at losing weight. This website is a GREAT tool if you use it. The only issue that I have with it is that they tell you to "eat back" whatever calories you burn with exercise.............I have found that I gain weight if I do that, so I usually just eat back part of my calories. If I go over my goal, I just go for a walk, a swim, a bike ride or the treadmill and "buy back" some calories to cover what I have over-eaten. Good luck on your journey. I am sure that you will be successful if you give it a good effort. You will have to work out if you want faster results, but it doesn't have to be a difficult workout. Walking will do. Just keep increasing your walks. Good luck!
  • Charger440
    Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    At the risk of sounding crude this is one occasion where being very obese can actually help you. The one thing I have noticed on here is that exercising to lose weight is "easy" the heavier you are. What I mean by that is when you are very obese even the smallest exercise burns more cals than you think! Just try your best to watch HOW MUCH you eat and do exercise. Start out slow with the exercise and in a couple weeks you will be amazed at how much progress you will have made!!!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Take small steps, firs thing is changing the amount of calories you eat, next is to add exercises like walking, or swimming. Check out the recipe section to find some ideas for meals. Dont worry, how you feel is how so many of us felt when we first started. You can totally do this!
  • ajfranzen77
    Options
    Aren't your three kids motivation for you? I decided to start this journey because I want to be alive to see my kids grow up, get married and have kids of their own. And I knew if I stayed on the same path I was on, my lifestyle was going to kill me. The biggest thing I did to help myself..... NO FAST FOOD!!!! Ya it's quick and easy to get it but really all your eating is fat, even the salads are unhealthy. And if your going to drink pop/soda drink diet.
    You can do this, but you have to WANT to do this. You have to tell yourself that loosing the weight means more to you than any unhealthy thing your about to eat. If you find that you eat cause your board, go for a walk, chew gum, if your going to snack find something that won't derail all your hard work, I like air popped popcorn 20 calories a cup so 5 cup =100 calories.
    I have two motto's I live by now:
    1. I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday
    2. It's not a question of CAN I, but WILL I?

Want this, want it for you and want it for your kids.
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You've come to the right place.

You've already done steps one and two equal: admit you have a problem and joined MFP.

Step three is to log every single thing you put in your mouth = drinks, supplements, tastes, sips, food, YOU NAME IT, everything! Try that for about three weeks, even if you do nothing more. And spend a lot of time on this site. It is very motivating!

The rest will follow.

You can do this. One day at a time. You'll be really glad you did.
  • yumyumron
    Options
    Welcome! I joined yesterday and i'am nervous as well. Feel free to friend me, together we can do it! :)
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I love the name future_hottie btw.

When I started (several years ago, and definitely in the obese category), I was definitely not motivated, but I wanted to enjoy exercising again. I started really really small, but cutting down on sugar, and going to Contours a few times a week. That is only 1/2 hr exercise at a time. You don't have to totally overhaul your life at one time, it can be gradual, and as you see success, that breeds success.

My heart goes out to you as I have nursed my terminally ill husband, and then my son who had cancer, so I know how hard it is to make yourself a priority. BUT without you where would they be? So you need to be the very best you can be.

My motivational talk to you is: "When I loved myself enough ......" you fill in the blank, you know you want it, now go out and get it!

GG
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Start slow! It's not a fad, not a diet, it's a lifestyle you need to adopt- for the rest of your life. At first, just log everything you eat- even doing that makes you think twice, and see where your bad habits are. Be honest.

Also, just walk more. No need to hit the gym or leap around your sitting room yet. Just a little walk.

We're all here for you!
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I, too am very obese and have a long road ahead. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can do this together!! WE WILL DO THIS!!! :0)
  • NicolaJane1313
    Options
    Hello and Welcome! You are not alone!!! Don't be afraid.... there is an exciting time ahead of you. Take it easy, one day at a time, hell........ one meal at a time and move as much as you can! You will start to feel a difference immediately, expecially when it comes from a confidence boost from all the lovely people on MFP. We are all doing it TOGETHER! Enjoy the journey to a healthier life!
  • alibeany
    alibeany Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    hi, i've been here since 4th July, and this site is fantastic. feel free to add me, the more support you have,the better!:happy:
  • shazzamax11
    Options
    Hi and welcome,
    This is a great site with much support.
    Feel free to add me if you want.
    ;o)
  • Lindsayrob
    Lindsayrob Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Welcome - you've done the hardest bit and decided to do something about your weight.
    It might seem like a long journey from here, but the thing to remember is that if you stick to healthy choices and log everything you eat and drink, even this time next week you will be healthier than you are today.
    And you will be amazed how quickly it becomes a habit, rather than a chore. You might even enjoy it!
    Be honest with yourself, and get moving - even a short walk today makes it a better day than yesterday
    Lindsay
  • kaimi2011
    kaimi2011 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You made your first step by joining. Now, time to journal everything you eat. Exercise will come later...feel free to add me as a friend. I've been on here for several months but due to traveling; i didn't start logging my food until Monday/aka really for Tuesday morning. :)
    Best of luck. YOU can DO it. Take it 1 day @ a time!
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you have already taken the first steps, by recognising your problem, and deciding to do something about it.

I would definitely agree with starting slow, and just logging your foods for a week or two, and then looking at what you are eating and deciding where you can make changes that will fit in to your lifestyle. Also start slowly with the exercise, if you can manage to get out for a walk, even for 10 minutes, thats great, but if not, try walking up and down the stairs a few times, or around your garden, whatever you can fit into your schedule.

Feel free to add me if you are looking for friends :)
  • jeenarmathew
    jeenarmathew Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    you already started with a hi to MFP. start reading through the success stories where your motivation could grow plus u'll surely get a lot of friends to help you out to get motivated. It may take time but you can surely achieve your goal. start off slowly.all the best.