Hey, loosing weight in the menopause years, any tips

Options
Yep, you read it above, am tying myself up in knots over, soya milk or coconut milk etc decisions, as the weight is coming off sooooo slowly.
Any advice / friends welcome

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Yep, you read it above, am tying myself up in knots over, soya milk or coconut milk etc decisions, as the weight is coming off sooooo slowly.

Are you weighing everything you eat on a food scale? If not, you're likely consuming more calories than you think. I'm 65, post menopausal, and lost 75 lbs 3 years ago simply by eating less and moving more.

Why are you struggling over soya milk vs coconut milk, etc? Weight loss is all about *how many* calories you consume, not *what* those calories come from. If you consume less calories per day than your body burns, you will lose weight. It's really that simple. Even though it may not be easy. ;)
  • bkajo
    bkajo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've found it the same as any other time -- being diligent about tracking my intake and exercising to build strength and cardio for heart health and calorie burn.

dang, i wish there was a magic bullet! :wink:
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options

Just checked out your group and want to join! Have been post-menopausal since sugically induced at 43. .. struggling to age gracefully, never stop looking for the magic bullet :D
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options

I've lost consistently (and very slowly) since my February restart. Eating most everything I did while i was packing the pounds on, difference now is portions. Weighing & measuring is crucial. Exercise is the key for me. Takes a lot of dedication, and it's worth it.
  • celia654321
    celia654321 Posts: 5 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Thank you all.
    My issues with the milk question is,
    Soya helps aleiviate menopausal symptoms,
    HOWEVER
    Cows milk and soya milk contain oestrogen , which hangs onto fat on your belly and breasts.

I really like soya milk.
    I am trying coconut milk.
    I just wondered if anyone had any info.
    Thanks again for other tips.
    Have joined menopausal forum, thanks for link.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Thank you all.
    HOWEVER
    Cows milk and soya milk contain oestrogen , which hangs onto fat on your belly and breasts.

I really like soya milk.

Where did you hear this?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Thank you all.
    HOWEVER

I really like soya milk.

I don't think this is quite accurate.
    Glad you joined the group!