What I Hate About Watching My Weight/New Lifestyle/Dieting, etc. (A Place to Vent)

Options

Replies

• kds10
    kds10 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    That even though I want to learn to eat in moderation whatever I want, i still think of different foods as either good or bad. I wish I could eat whatever I want when I want but doing that scares me because I tend to always go overboard!
  • bvff35
    bvff35 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    kds10 wrote: »
    That even though I want to learn to eat in moderation whatever I want, i still think of different foods as either good or bad. I wish I could eat whatever I want when I want but doing that scares me because I tend to always go overboard!

I am the same way. I have finally accepted the 99.9% of the time, I need to eat the "good" foods as I can't seem to use moderation.
  • MsBaz2018
    MsBaz2018 Posts: 384 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    smolmaus wrote: »
    I rejected a biscuit today. A biscuit specially brought in to be offered to me by a fellow not-by-choice gluten free person because we usually miss out on the birthday/promotion/marriage/engagement/new house/new baby office buns.

Also I am lying to myself here, I could definitely eat the biscuits I just don't want to have to rearrange my day, so now I'm just lazy and rude.

What about "oh thanks I'll have that with my tea later" and then save it for another day. It's biscuit it'll keep. Just saying that because you feel bad. But I understand.

I hate how I have to strategically avoid my aunt's place (she's like an older sister so I go there a lot) because she'll always ask you taste something she's cooked or is cooking.

I hate that I've lost the spontaneity of "oh look tasty-baked-good; let me taste it".
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    I miss freestyle cooking, not measuring and weighing every last thing before it goes into the pot or pan. I had friends over for Halloween and made a beef stew and I just cooked like I used to - not even calorific or unhealthy, just unmonitored. How many grams of onions is that? Who cares!

Yup mel. I agree. This is how I feel sometimes when I have to weigh every single ingredient!
    https://youtu.be/pus6XF_qh38
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I love that my parents visited me today, but I hate that they didn't eat the whole cake they brought and now I have two slices of cake laying around. I really don't want to eat them. It's not worth the calories (and it has egg in it and I don't eat eggs so that's even worse). However, I HATE HATE HAAAATE wasting food. Now I'm sitting here looking at the cake and want to throw it away so badly but also don't want to throw it away because food waste. Ahhhhhhhhh. :'(

Quite a luxury problem, but I kinda like that I don't even want to eat it. Before I wouldn't have hesitated one second before munching both slices. :D

Learn to throw away. Your scale will thank you for it.