Losing 20 in your 20's! (CLOSED)

Options

Replies

• Floricienta
    Options
    :smile: Do we have a weekly challenge or something?
  • healthyhappy123
    Options
    A weekly challenge (just for fun) sounds like a great idea to me! Anyone have one they would like to challenge the group with? i.e. try a new machine at the gym, cook a new recipe, go out to a restaurant without busting through all your calories, etc.

Whoever posts a challenge first each week, we'll go with it! It might get boring if I decide what the challenges are each week so I'd rather open it up to everyone.

Then, if you completed the challenge, make sure to post in the forum to tell us all about it (how hard/easy it was, how you felt doing it, if you'll do it again, etc.).

Thanks for bearing with me/us while we get on a roll!
  • cathcakey
    cathcakey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I like it! Ok I'm happy to go first - how about trying a new, healthy food this weekend? I personally have two things - firstly I'm gonna try making apple butter for the first time. Now this might not be the most healthy food in itself, but I'm hoping to be able to use it in some recipes in place of oil/real butter, so I figure this one counts as healthy!

Also, I just received my vegetable box for the week (I get it delivered with local produce from local farms and oh my god it's so nice to see proper vegetables with dirt on them and everything!) and I think I'm gonna try juicing some beetroot and maybe some carrots!

Will let you know how I get on! I've always though vegetable juices have the potential to be kind of....hmmmmm...icky, but I'll give it a go!!

Oh yeah, and maybe I'll eat a banana, seeing as now I am one :-)
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I like this challenge! I want to try Almond Milk. None of my local supermarkets stock it but the health shop in town does so I'm going to pick some up!
  • paulahhhh
    paulahhhh Posts: 283
    Options
    Good job on the challenge, cathcakey!!

Let's see what I can do!!

Go Peach Peaches!! <3
  • lailenm
    lailenm Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna be trying out one ingredient ice cream today. I found the recipe on MFP last night, and I noticed it was gonna be super hot here today, so I'm gonna have it as a snack for after i finished up my yard work. Best part of all is that its under 150 calories!
  • Nhendrickson86
    Nhendrickson86 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I like it! Ok I'm happy to go first - how about trying a new, healthy food this weekend? I personally have two things - firstly I'm gonna try making apple butter for the first time. Now this might not be the most healthy food in itself, but I'm hoping to be able to use it in some recipes in place of oil/real butter, so I figure this one counts as healthy!

Also, I just received my vegetable box for the week (I get it delivered with local produce from local farms and oh my god it's so nice to see proper vegetables with dirt on them and everything!) and I think I'm gonna try juicing some beetroot and maybe some carrots!

Will let you know how I get on! I've always though vegetable juices have the potential to be kind of....hmmmmm...icky, but I'll give it a go!!

Oh yeah, and maybe I'll eat a banana, seeing as now I am one :-)

I like the juicing idea. However I'm not a big fan of juicing veggies. . . .I just cannot manage to keep it down. But I think I'll give it a shot with the fruit. I've been trying to figure out ways to limit the amount of sugary juice products that I consume without having to limit myself to just water all the time. I've seen the bags of frozen mixed fruits in the grocery store so this may actually be a great substitute without breaking the bank. :bigsmile:

Oh! And I'm eating my banana as I type!! GO BANANAS!!! :laugh:
  • mummyv811
    mummyv811 Posts: 237
    Options
    Brilliant idea! I will have a think and see what I can find! Obviously will let you all know my progress! :D
  • boyslie72487
    boyslie72487 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    YAY PEACHY PEACHES!!!!!!!!!! And since I'm a peach I'm going to try to eat a peach this weekend! Usually not a fat because of the furry skin, but I'll give it a shot! Good luck everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Oooh, nice challenge... I am trying to think of what I can try. Hmm... well, we are going to be eating out 2 of 3 meals tomorrow when we go to the zoo with friends, so I will probably find something new and healthy on the menus to try! Can't wait to see what the first weeks results will be for us all!!! This is EXACTLY what I need to get motivated to lose these final pounds! WOOHOO!!!

LET'S GO BLUE BERRIES!!!!!!!!
  • Floricienta
    Options
    Check out this site for awesome delicious recipes:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/

Not sure what I'll be making this weekend yet!
  • thefreemans28
    Options
    Floricienta - I LOVE skinnytaste! I have made so many of her recipes and they have never failed to be delicious! Even my 16 month old loves them!
  • NMandaMarie
    NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I like this trend of trying your food. I haven't had blueberries since they were in a muffin a few months ago. So this weekend, my mini goal to eat a "new" healthy food is to have some. :D

I love skinnytaste! I have a list of recipes I want to try!
  • Tzipporah90
    Options
    Cmon team read apples!! The thing getting me motivated is I have a team I cant let down!! Go Red Apples Go!! I feel like im in camp color war!!! :)
  • thefreemans28
    Options
    Is it against the rules to be on team BLUE BERRIES but to be eating a RED APPLE as I type? oops....
  • Tzipporah90
    Options
    Is it against the rules to be on team BLUE BERRIES but to be eating a RED APPLE as I type? oops....
    NO!!! Thanks for supporting our team! Sorry team blueberries!!!
  • thefreemans28
    Options
    NO!!! Thanks for supporting our team! Sorry team blueberries!!!

Maybe I should go stock up on blueberries for the next 14 weeks so I don't let my team down ;-)
  • healthyhappy123
    Options
    Technically we are the blue BERRIES, so any berries will do!! That was my thought when I named the teams cause I put myself on the blue berries but I'm not a huge fan of blueberries. :wink:
  • Rioschica
    Rioschica Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am going to try to eat a banana every day to help keep me satisfied between meals. They work so well for that!

GO BANANAS!!!!
  • healthyhappy123
    Options
    This is a good challenge and it's definitely difficult for me to find something healthy that I haven't tried because I'm a huge foodie. But I think tomorrow morning I'm going to try steel cut oats instead of rolled oats. Anyone have any suggestions about the best way to cook them?

GO BERRIES!!!