New moms

Options
Any new moms out there that need to lose the baby weight ??? My baby is 4 weeks old today and I have about 40 pounds to lose before I’m at my pre pregnancy weight. I’m breastfeeding which doesn’t help me lose weight and I can’t exercise yet bc I had a c- section so I’m strictly counting calories for now.

Replies

• mamaLBSdown
    mamaLBSdown Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Well I still consider myself a new mom, even though my child is over a year. I had a really hard pregnancy and recovery and have had some tedious injuries ( pre and post pregnancy) along the way. I am one of those moms that gains incredible baby weight, but a year or so later I always crack down on exercise and calories and get back to my healthy goal weight. SO..here I am. This is my 1st day back on MFP in years. Add me if your looking for a friend.
  • tinyavocados
    tinyavocados Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Me! I'm 10 weeks PP and I'm just now starting back at counting calories and attempting to workout again. I have about 50 lbs to lose at the moment. I weigh more now than I did pre-pregnancy and I just want it gone!
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    4 weeks after a c-section, I wouldn't worry about counting calories yet - just take care of yourself for now, be gentle with your body and give it what it needs to heal and take care of your new baby. I wasn't even remotely functioning as a human being until at least 6 weeks after my first was born via c-section...after 1 year however, I had lost all 50lbs that I gained while pregnant. Congrats on the new baby, by the way!
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new little one! A big "ditto" to what lemongirlbc posted - for now, focus on healing your body and giving yourself lots of love and care. :)

What I was told when I had my babies - and what worked really well for me:
    • Eat when you're hungry, making good choices to nourish you and your baby. Bypass the junk food, high sugar foods, choose good fats, and limit dairy (but do keep up calcium!). Minimum of about 1500 calories per day, increased when you start adding exercise, because calorie restriction will affect your milk supply.
    • Drink a ton of water and healthy teas (not too much caffeine, but a little is okay).
    • Breastfeed on demand.
    • When you're physically ready, put baby in a carrier and go for walks together. Start out slow and build up as your
      body allows you to.
  • MrsDBLee
    MrsDBLee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi just had my baby 7 weeks ago. Breastfeeding still weighed the same when i left the hositpal. My form if exercise my toddler and newbirn. I would love to workout but when? I swear my kids are tag teaming me!
  • brittniv6
    brittniv6 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My baby is 11 months old and I need to lose 50 pounds. I was overweight before I got pregnant but now I really need to get into shape so I can run around with my daughter.
  • lhamilton360
    lhamilton360 Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    My daughter is five months old and I'm trying to get back on track with my fitness/nutrition. I would love to have a group to help motivate me. I want to be as healthy as I can possibly be for her. Are there any challenges or groups for this?
  • apparations
    apparations Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    My baby is 18 months... am i still a new mom?
  • supergirlrekha
    supergirlrekha Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My baby is now seven months old and I need to lose atleast 15 kg for health reasons. However after a hard day's work I can hardly find the mental strength to work out. How do you do it ladies??
  • KristaMac88
    KristaMac88 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi Mommies! I am..well not a "new mom" but I gained weight first..then got pregnant after a stressful 3years of trying, lost pretty well all the baby weight but enjoyed those first few months with him and ate whatever I wanted.. when he was 6 months i got pregnant again. Needless to say its been an upward climb of the scale ever since. The youngest will be a year old this weekend :) I would love to lose 30lbs to start! I just started back to work this month and mid last week started to try and get to a gym again. I bit the bullet since my babies are still sleeping anyways to get up at 5am, be on a bus by 6 and get to the gym closest to my work for 7. I get about a 40min workout in before i have to shower and head to work. I to have no energy to go after getting home and want to spend time with my family before bedtime! I am really hoping i can find as many friends on here as possible to help each other out and see their success be motivation for me to ween off being a sugar/junnk food addict and see results to!!