Women who have had liposuction: are you glad you did?

I'm 30 and 70kg (154lbs).

For the last six months, I work out twice a week (mixture of cardio and strength) and try to watch my diet and I've lost 6kg (about 13lbs) this way but lately I've plateaued.

I'm happy with my arms, legs, boobs and bum but my stomach is a real problem area. I am seriously considering liposuction on this area. I think it would massively improve my confidence, my clothes would fit better and I would look much better.

I'm not massively overweight but my figure is quite frumpy.

The reason I like the idea of lipo is the spot reduction - losing another 5lbs will not make a big difference to my overall figure, but losing 3-5lbs directly off my stomach could make quite a dramatic difference. I'd probably have to lose 15-20lbs off my body weight to get the same effect from diet and exercise and that would be very difficult for me.

I'd really like to hear from women - or men - who have been through it and how they felt after. I'm less interested in people's general opinions on whether lipo is a good idea.

Replies

• katie1234
    katie1234 Posts: 74 Member
    I'm about 5"5. It would make a difference, but not a very big one because some of the weight would come off my back/ legs/ arms/ *kitten* (areas I'm already okay with) rather than targeting my tummy (which I hate)
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited November 2018
    Hi I'm 5'5" and probably the same body shape as you (apple). I hate my stomach and have had the same thoughts, even at 25 on the BMI scale I look overweight especially in pictures because it's all in the torso but changed my mind when I got to about the 140 mark and doing a couple of sessions of circuit training every week (and averaging about 7500 steps a day). I started to really shift the weight off my stomach and at 130 hardly a tummy at all. (although I'm never going to achieve a 26 inch waist)

For me it was a long process, I for the life of me can't lose more than half a pound a week on average but you've just got to perservere. However if you do decide to go down that route no judgement from me, I totally empathise with the urge, but just be prepared that it can come with complications and may not look that great if the surgeon messes up. (I was really worried about loose or lumpy skin, plus the dangers of general anaesthetic and that ultimately put me off doing it the fast way) xxx Good luck whatever you do.
  • katie1234
    Hi I'm 5'5" and probably the same body shape as you (apple). I hate my stomach and have had the same thoughts, even at 25 on the BMI scale I look overweight especially in pictures because it's all in the torso but changed my mind when I got to about the 140 mark and doing a couple of sessions of circuit training every week (and averaging about 7500 steps a day). I started to really shift the weight off my stomach and at 130 hardly a tummy at all. (although I'm never going to achieve a 26 inch waist)

For me it was a long process, I for the life of me can't lose more than half a pound a week on average but you've just got to perservere. However if you do decide to go down that route no judgement from me, I totally empathise with the urge, but just be prepared that it can come with complications and may not look that great if the surgeon messes up. (I was really worried about loose or lumpy skin, plus the dangers of general anaesthetic and that ultimately put me off doing it the fast way) xxx Good luck whatever you do.

Thanks x
  • katie1234
    maybe a calorie counting site full of people losing weight through a sustained calorie deficit isn't the place to ask though - wouldn't you be better going to a site about liposuction?

Thank you so much for that tip.
  • katie1234
    Jennloella wrote: »
    I've had it, great results even 8 years later - I wouldn't hesitate to do it again if I thought I needed to. Cool sculpting may be a better scenario for you, less invasive - honestly go talk to a Dr and get your ?s answered.

Thanks so much for your reply :)

Can I ask what weight you were before, how many inches you lost and how you found the recovery?