I feel like a loser

Options
Sparkle097
Sparkle097 Posts: 83 Member
edited November 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
Omggg! For the past 5 days I’ve been eating on a deficit to cut. My daily goal is 1300-1400 cals, today I had 2200 cals. I feel super guilty. Idk what to do. 900 cals are from chocolates and other treats and rest are whole foods. I feel bad

Replies

• Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Nobody is perfect. Everyone has days like this along the way. Just get back on track and leave it in the past.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Take it as a day by day battle. Log today, and try to meet your goal tomorrow. We all have weak moments. Don't let it get inside your head. You can do this!
  • wfrance16
    wfrance16 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Stay committed <3
  • Adam__20000
    Adam__20000 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Perfectly understandable. I’d assume most people give in to cravings once in a while, just try to stay comitted and you’ll be fine!
  • Sparkle097
    Sparkle097 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Let it go. It's a minor blip, one day out of your entire future.

Just take a few minutes to think about why it happened, and learn from that, so you can do differently in the future:

* Is your routine calorie deficit too high (calorie budget too low) to stick with? It's more effective to lose slower but more reliably.

* Have you been over-restricting chocolates? Consider fitting a small treat into your calorie budget so those cravings don't build up and overwhelm you. Nutrition is important, but that doesn't mean you can't ever have treat foods.

* Did you feel physically hungry? Why? Experiment with timing and composition of your eating (i.e., macronutrient levels and specific food choices) to figure out what you personally find most satiating.

* Were you bored? Adopt a new hobby, or re-start an old one. Hobbies that require clean hands (sketching, needlework, musical instrument, etc.), or create dirty hands (gardening, painting the living room, carpentry, etc.) are particularly good choices.

* Was it at a time or in a situation where you're used to snacking or overeating, to the point that it's become habit? Work on replacing it with a new habit that helps you better meet your goals, either low calorie snacks, or a snacking alternative like a compatible hobby, stretching/movement, or a hot herb tea, etc.

* Did you get enough sleep? Being over-tired can sap one's will power.

* Are you under extra stress? Come up with some new strategies for handling stress, like a soothing warm shower, deep breathing exercises, a hot cup of chamomile tea, a walk around the block - whatever would work for you.

* Was it a social situation where food was being urged on you? Rehearse in your head some strategies about how to politely refuse, and stick to it, in similar future situations. Actually imaging yourself saying and doing those things, several times over, like a little movie in your head.

Once you've figured out your why, and made a new and improved plan for the future, just log what you ate and go on with life. There's no reason to feel bad or guilty. Food isn't a sin, and there's no need for penance or expiation. Besides, it's not fun to feel bad/guilty, and doing so burns no extra calories (the stress can even cause water weight retention, for heaven's sake!).

Let it go, and stay on your healthy track toward your goals. You can do this. :)

Thank u very much!!! This really helped me. The thing with me is I dnt have enough patience. I want to see results quickly. When I dnt see it, that frustrates me. I’m 18, girl, weigh 60kg and my goal is 55kg. I want the stay consistent but sometimes it is hard cause of the temptations and cause of that time of the month (if u get wat I mean).
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    sathmif465 wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Let it go. It's a minor blip, one day out of your entire future.

Just take a few minutes to think about why it happened, and learn from that, so you can do differently in the future:

* Is your routine calorie deficit too high (calorie budget too low) to stick with? It's more effective to lose slower but more reliably.

* Have you been over-restricting chocolates? Consider fitting a small treat into your calorie budget so those cravings don't build up and overwhelm you. Nutrition is important, but that doesn't mean you can't ever have treat foods.

* Did you feel physically hungry? Why? Experiment with timing and composition of your eating (i.e., macronutrient levels and specific food choices) to figure out what you personally find most satiating.

* Were you bored? Adopt a new hobby, or re-start an old one. Hobbies that require clean hands (sketching, needlework, musical instrument, etc.), or create dirty hands (gardening, painting the living room, carpentry, etc.) are particularly good choices.

* Was it at a time or in a situation where you're used to snacking or overeating, to the point that it's become habit? Work on replacing it with a new habit that helps you better meet your goals, either low calorie snacks, or a snacking alternative like a compatible hobby, stretching/movement, or a hot herb tea, etc.

* Did you get enough sleep? Being over-tired can sap one's will power.

* Are you under extra stress? Come up with some new strategies for handling stress, like a soothing warm shower, deep breathing exercises, a hot cup of chamomile tea, a walk around the block - whatever would work for you.

* Was it a social situation where food was being urged on you? Rehearse in your head some strategies about how to politely refuse, and stick to it, in similar future situations. Actually imaging yourself saying and doing those things, several times over, like a little movie in your head.

Once you've figured out your why, and made a new and improved plan for the future, just log what you ate and go on with life. There's no reason to feel bad or guilty. Food isn't a sin, and there's no need for penance or expiation. Besides, it's not fun to feel bad/guilty, and doing so burns no extra calories (the stress can even cause water weight retention, for heaven's sake!).

Let it go, and stay on your healthy track toward your goals. You can do this. :)

Thank u very much!!! This really helped me. The thing with me is I dnt have enough patience. I want to see results quickly. When I dnt see it, that frustrates me. I’m 18, girl, weigh 60kg and my goal is 55kg. I want the stay consistent but sometimes it is hard cause of the temptations and cause of that time of the month (if u get wat I mean).

How tall are you? Is it possible that 55kg is not a good goal for your height?

Also try to remember this: If you overrestrict, you're going to be more likely to binge, and wipe out that calorie deficit. If you eat a little more, you may not feel like you need to give into those temptations, and you'll have been control over it.