30DS Challenge Starting 8/15/11

Options

Replies

• AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    It must be contagious because I skipped yesterday too. :laugh: I also felt guilty so I just finished day 5 level one.
  • olpbabe
    olpbabe Posts: 89
    Options
    Hey all my fellow skippers from yesterday! Did you do it today? I did! L1D3 is done! w00t! Jump rope was slightly easier today and my arms didn't hurt as much lifting the weights...but the bicycle crunches still got me! I have to stop and just do some regular crunches toward the end. Maybe tomorrow I can finish them all!

Good luck, everyone! You can do it! I did! :happy:
  • ecaz
    ecaz Posts: 115
    Options
    I kept my word and just did my second round of the day! L1D5 is done! That's 1/2 way through Level 1!!!
  • olpbabe
    Options
    I kept my word and just did my second round of the day! L1D5 is done! That's 1/2 way through Level 1!!!

Awesome job! That's a great achievement. :bigsmile:
  • clydeisme
    Options
    Done with day 4 and feeling alright, but I am thinking about a rest day already!!
  • TiffanyA2008
    Options
    I didn't do my Shred today. I decided to take today off to let my muscles get some rest. I have been so sore. *BUT* Tomorrow.....Oh TOMORROW IT IS ON!!! I am ready :bigsmile:

Edit: I am so terrible at push up's. I have no upper body strength. When will it get better? :-\
  • momie0205
    momie0205 Posts: 232
    Options
    Hey all my fellow skippers from yesterday! Did you do it today? I did! L1D3 is done! w00t! Jump rope was slightly easier today and my arms didn't hurt as much lifting the weights...but the bicycle crunches still got me! I have to stop and just do some regular crunches toward the end. Maybe tomorrow I can finish them all!

Good luck, everyone! You can do it! I did! :happy:

I have to too. I am hoping it gets easier as well.

My calf muscles are hurting something fierce tonight!!! Day 5 tomorrow!!!
  • ecaz
    Options
    Edit: I am so terrible at push up's. I have no upper body strength. When will it get better? :-\

I used to be the same way. In fact, the first time I attempted the 30DS I couldn't even do pushups on my knees. So I stood up and did them against the wall. Then I moved to my knees. Then one knee. Now I can bang out 20 BOY pushups. The first round anyway, I usally have to take a knee midway through the 2nd set. So - my point is - just do what you can do. It took me 4 months to be able to do a regular push up. If you keep doing it the enduranace and strength will come. Like Jillian says - "You strong". (Gawd I hate it when she says that).
  • clydeisme
    Options
    I'm so extremely proud of myself. I did the workout first thing this morning and now I don't have to worry about it until tomorrow!!!

How is everyone doing and feeling today??
  • ecaz
    Options
    I'm so extremely proud of myself. I did the workout first thing this morning and now I don't have to worry about it until tomorrow!!!

How is everyone doing and feeling today??

Great Job !! Isn't it nice when you can get it done and out of the way? Gives you more energy all day - boosts your metabolism. I keep telling myself this when i am lying in bed. Rarely works.

Kudos to you for doing it!
  • ohamberx0
    ohamberx0 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    i reeally hate the side lunges with arm raises...those are the worse

That's what I hate too! lol

I'll be doing L1D4 tonight.. maybe it's my imagination but my tummy doesn't stick out as much as it did a few days ago :) That's motivation enough for me! Also could be because I did a 5-minute pilates ab youtube video that had my stomach burning like I've never felt before ugh lol
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Finished D5L1 today. Should've eaten breakfast first! I'm starting to notice muscle tone, though!
  • mypie
    mypie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am on D4 L1 but will need a day off tomorrow as we have visitors all day so I did L2 (minus warm up)straight after L1 (minus end stretch). I am feeling my thight muscles ache and esp when going up and down stairs but I am feeling so much better that Iam sticking it so far so good.
  • ecaz
    Options
    L1D6 is done. Knee hurts like hell. Off to find an ice pack.
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    L1D6 done here too. I was able to do all of the pushups, girl style. That is a first for me. :smile:
  • olpbabe
    Options
    Good job, everyone! Especially those doing the pushups and who are starting to see improvement. Awesome achievements! Today was pay day (woohoo!) so we were shopping all day after work and didn't get to eat until 7:30pm. I like to wait a couple of hours after eating to do my workout, otherwise I'll feel sick. So, I'll be doing my L1D4 around 9:30pm...1 hour, 50 minutes to go!

And my personal belief is that their is nothing wrong with a rest day, as long as you continue with it in the days that follow. Sometimes muscles just need a break!
  • abmcluckie
    Options
    I'm a bit late - but would love to join!
  • olpbabe
    Options
    I'm a bit late - but would love to join!

Just put in the DVD and start to it, girl! :laugh:

Just did L1D4...was MUCH easier today. Actually managed to finish all the bicycle crunches. Woohoo!
  • anavalentino46
    Options
    I started 30DS on the 18th it's day two today but I also did BFBM yesterday! think maybe it was a bit ambitious to do both as I cannot walk today! :)
  • TiffanyA2008
    Options

I used to be the same way. In fact, the first time I attempted the 30DS I couldn't even do pushups on my knees. So I stood up and did them against the wall. Then I moved to my knees. Then one knee. Now I can bang out 20 BOY pushups. The first round anyway, I usally have to take a knee midway through the 2nd set. So - my point is - just do what you can do. It took me 4 months to be able to do a regular push up. If you keep doing it the enduranace and strength will come. Like Jillian says - "You strong". (Gawd I hate it when she says that).

Nice work girl!! This gives me hope!! :)