30DS Challenge Starting 8/15/11

Options

Replies

• Brooke6199
    Options
    I would LOVE to be a part of this if I can! I just started the shred yesterday! I would love to be doing this workout along with other people! I have about 25 lbs to lose. Good luck everyone!!
    Welcome!! You are right on time! Most of us started day 1 on Monday so you are right there with us! There are a few people that started early, as well as a few that are starting late! No matter what day we are on we will all need motivation for the next day! Good luck!!!

I definitely can use the motivation. This is awesome that so many are joining! This workout has been somewhat hard for me and at times I almost want to give up. But knowing there are so many others doing this workout really helps motivate me!!
    I know what you mean! I thought with it being 20 minutes that it wouldn't be that bad, but there are times in it that I don't know if I will make it through! You just gotta PUSH! I am super sore today and i've only done 2 days!
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    id like to join this group....im on L1D3
  • TheShelterCat
    Options
    I'm currently on Day 3 of Level 2. Still wouldnt mind being around others who are at it!
  • TiffanyA2008
    Options
    I would LOVE to be a part of this if I can! I just started the shred yesterday! I would love to be doing this workout along with other people! I have about 25 lbs to lose. Good luck everyone!!
    Welcome!! You are right on time! Most of us started day 1 on Monday so you are right there with us! There are a few people that started early, as well as a few that are starting late! No matter what day we are on we will all need motivation for the next day! Good luck!!!

I definitely can use the motivation. This is awesome that so many are joining! This workout has been somewhat hard for me and at times I almost want to give up. But knowing there are so many others doing this workout really helps motivate me!!
    I know what you mean! I thought with it being 20 minutes that it wouldn't be that bad, but there are times in it that I don't know if I will make it through! You just gotta PUSH! I am super sore today and i've only done 2 days!

I know how you feel. Today will make my 3rd day on Level 1. I was so sore yesterday I had to lay on my heating pad :( I know that the pain of this will be worth it in the end!!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of Level 1 done!

Today I couldn't quite keep up with the bicycles at the end.... but I'm not as sore today as I was yesterday so that's a good sign!
  • Brooke6199
    Options
    id like to join this group....im on L1D3
    Welcome! I am on Day 3 today, too!
  • Brooke6199
    Options
    Day 4 down. Whoohooo!
    GREAT JOB!! Keep it up!
  • Brooke6199
    Options
    I'm currently on Day 3 of Level 2. Still wouldnt mind being around others who are at it!
    Welcome!!
    When did level one get easier?? I am on L1D3.
  • Brooke6199
    Options

I know how you feel. Today will make my 3rd day on Level 1. I was so sore yesterday I had to lay on my heating pad :( I know that the pain of this will be worth it in the end!!
    I am EXTREMELY sore today! I don't know how I will get through day 3 today!
  • Brooke6199
    Options
    Day 3 of Level 1 done!

Today I couldn't quite keep up with the bicycles at the end.... but I'm not as sore today as I was yesterday so that's a good sign!
    Those bicycles are KILLER!
  • ecaz
    ecaz Posts: 115
    Options
    I keep hearing that everyone is really sore. Try doing extra stretching at the end. After Day 1 my glutes were KILLING me. So I added glute streches after the cooldown and I really think it helped.

Now, my problem is my dang shins kill me when doing the jumping jacks, butt kicks and jump rope. But they also tend to hurt me when I run. I dont think we are talking shin splint pain, but it does hurt. My doc suggested I take an Aleve before I work out to cut down on the imflamation. Maybe I will try that. I hate taking drugs unless I really have to. Anyone else have that pain?
  • MamaKatel
    MamaKatel Posts: 180
    Options
    Day 3 of Level 1 done!

[/quote

lol, I couldn't keep up with the bicycles either. Normally I can do them, but I was whipped!
  • TiffanyA2008
    Options
    30 Day Shred! Day 3 Level 1 .... Today started out a little better, but for some reason I seriously felt like I would vomit at any moment. :frown: (TMI SORRY)
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Hey there fellow shredders!

Finished D3L1 today and I added some plyometerics to the mix after the workout-- you know, just to help things along a bit!

Funny, I figured that I was in pretty good shape ... apparently not!

I made sure to take pictures of myself yesterday so that when we all finish, we can show each other our successes!

Have a great day!
  • momie0205
    momie0205 Posts: 232
    Options
    I would love to join, but I don't have the money for this dvd right now. What is it exactly?

30 Day Shred is a workout DVD by Jillian Michaels (trainer from the Biggest Loser). It's a 30 day system that changes every 10 days. It's brutal - and high intensity, but it's short (20-25ish minutes). All you need is some light handweights and the DVD (sells for
    $10-15).
    I'm really hoping to be able to stick with it for the 30 days.

You CAN do it!!! I am gonna be hating it, but I just have to think of that end result. As annoying as Jillians voice is, she is right when she's talking about how we have to work hard if we want results!

omg I have to agree Her voice is very annoying I have to turn it down when I do it.
  • momie0205
    Options
    I keep hearing that everyone is really sore. Try doing extra stretching at the end. After Day 1 my glutes were KILLING me. So I added glute streches after the cooldown and I really think it helped.

Now, my problem is my dang shins kill me when doing the jumping jacks, butt kicks and jump rope. But they also tend to hurt me when I run. I dont think we are talking shin splint pain, but it does hurt. My doc suggested I take an Aleve before I work out to cut down on the imflamation. Maybe I will try that. I hate taking drugs unless I really have to. Anyone else have that pain?

Mine are hurting too. I just thought I needed to get used to it though cause I am new to all this working out stuff.
  • Imgoingdown
    Imgoingdown Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm a couple of days late, but I'm going to start tonight. Wish me luck everyone.
  • momie0205
    Options
    I also took before pictures. I am also incorporating walking and doing a fat burner on the treadmill. So I hope to really be getting fit here quickly. Looking forward to seeing some results. I also have to take a few rests while doing it. I sweat my booty off too. I am hoping it gets more bearable closer to being done. Fingers crossed.
  • Brooke6199
    Options
    I'm a couple of days late, but I'm going to start tonight. Wish me luck everyone.
    Good luck, hun! You can do it!!
  • Brooke6199
    Options
    L1D3 done! =) I am SUPER sore. My calves, thighs, glutes, shoulders, sides, abs, arms......ALL sore! I guess that means something is working!