Any idea about a 6000 calories binge weekend in one week

Options
harvey107550
harvey107550 Posts: 2 Member
edited November 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi everyone, I just wondered that what will happen if you having a 6000 calories binge weekend in each week while following the weight loss goal like consuming 1600 calories food and drinks in the rest of the weekdays. Will this kind of binge days cause the weight gain?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I just wondered that what will happen if you having a 6000 calories binge weekend in each week while following the weight loss goal like consuming 1600 calories food and drinks in the rest of the weekdays. Will this kind of binge days cause the weight gain?

How much of a deficit is 1600 cals?
  • jtechmart
    jtechmart Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    About a year ago I was cutting calories and doing cardio M-F, then on the weekends I would not exercise, eat fast food, drink too much, etc... I wasn't going crazy with extra calories on the weekend, it wasn't anywhere near 6000, but it was probably slightly above maintenance. I did still loose weight and inches, but it was slow progress. It took me around 5 months to loose what I later was able to loose in 30 days.

And I would think too many calories on the weekend and your body will use those days to adjust. For me, cutting usually happens over a few weeks at a time. So, 5 days at a time is hardly enough it seems.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    It's a simple math equation. Burning more calories than you eat= Weight loss. Do the math.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    What's your goal?
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    So you keep asking about binges. Is there a reason you feel like you need to binge?

Two posts, both still on the front page. Please take care of yourself. :heart: