Brand new lol

Options
Hello I’m new here

Any insights?

Replies

• RandyInOklahaoma
    RandyInOklahaoma Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Set some obtainable short term goals and try hard to reach them. If you do, the long term results will be there.
  • shabinasareer
    shabinasareer Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone

I’ll share my progress here

It’s just been two days and I already feel amazing

It’s like I’m literally a step closer to my goal
  • JayFromThatOnePlace
    Options
    The biggest thing in my opinion is to log all your food. After you plateu then start weighing your food as well.
  • shabinasareer
    Options
    Stay away from the chit chat + fun and games forums :p

I received some friend requests,should I add random people to my friends,for motivation and stuff or is it completely useless?
  • shabinasareer
    Options
    The biggest thing in my opinion is to log all your food. After you plateu then start weighing your food as well.

What do you mean by weighing foods??

• shabinasareer
    Options
    Deviette wrote: »
    Don't make it harder than it needs to be. If your goals are to lose weight, all you need to do is eat less than you burn. You don't need to cut out certain foods or do aggressively low calorie targets. Remember that misery does not burn calories, so pick a calorie goal that you can stick to, and will enjoy life with. It's better to lose weight slowly, than to binge and restrict. Measure accurately and consistently using food scale for solids and semi solids, and measure liquids. Make sure you include everything, including condiments and drinks.

Good luck!

Loved it!!!

Thank you so much
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I highly recommend reading the "must read" stickies. They are full of fantastic information. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300319/most-helpful-posts-general-health-fitness-and-diet-must-reads#latest

Good luck to you. :)
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options

It means you should get a digital scale and weigh your food items (in grams or oz) to make sure you record the right number of calories for your portion size. For example, there is a difference between 100g and 150g of chicken breast.
  • shabinasareer
    Options

It means you should get a digital scale and weigh your food items (in grams or oz) to make sure you record the right number of calories for your portion size. For example, there is a difference between 100g and 150g of chicken breast.

Aww thank you
    I appreciate it🙏
  • tinovillaro
    tinovillaro Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Trade your scale in for a measuring tape. You'll remain sane.
  • shabinasareer
    Options
    Trade your scale in for a measuring tape. You'll remain sane.

I like the idea 💡