Still feel fat at size 6

3 years ago I was a size 20. This past year I finally got over my plateau and today I can fit into most size 6 and even some 4’s at 145 pounds, I am 5’7. I still feel like I’m fat or thick. It’s crazy how the mind plays tricks on you.

Replies

• kellyjfenn
    kellyjfenn Posts: 28 Member
    And others around us aren’t used to it. Good job on your success ❤️
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    It does appear for many of us that it takes our brain much longer to catch up with our body when it comes to weight loss. I guess the same could be said when we gain weight though, but I always put that one down to denial but maybe there is more to it than that.
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    It's a struggle. Sometimes I still feel fat and other times I feel incredibly fit.
  • kellyjfenn
    Very true.
  • erjones11
    erjones11 Posts: 422 Member
    kellyjfenn wrote: »
    3 years ago I was a size 20. This past year I finally got over my plateau and today I can fit into most size 6 and even some 4’s at 145 pounds, I am 5’7. I still feel like I’m fat or thick. It’s crazy how the mind plays tricks on you.

Yep, I have been at 160 for two months. My peak was 250. 44” pants and now 34” falls off me without a belt. And my brain still feels fat, except when I workout or look in the mirror. We’ll get used to it!

• kellyjfenn
    Good idea. I got rid of all my bigger sizes a long time ago 😀
  • Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 463 Member
    I know what you mean I consistently fit S or S, but when I look at those clothes on the rack I am going no way - Same with sewing but now finding that quite a few patterns even at 36 are too big!
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    I'm a size 4 and feel fat constantly. Loose skin flapping around doesn't help me feel better, but it is what it is. I only see the difference in pictures, so I take plenty. I'm also noticing that last year's M and L coats are too big, so that's something.

It does take time to catch up mentally, but try comparing pictures. It can make things more real.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    OP, a comfort is that at least others see it. Hopefully we will catch up.

I just told my husband what I posted (after I asked him if my upper thighs look too large for the shorter sweater I’m wearing) and he just rolled his eyes. lol
  • erjones11
    erjones11 Posts: 422 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Try on a size 20 now. It will help you appreciate how much progress you’ve made.

Yep, I had to buy some new winter coats, flannels and long sleeves. I pulled some of my favorite old ones out of the closet yesterday to try on. I could fit two of me in them. Size medium coats I bought are a bit big but the XL's I had are huge. I now have more room in my closest, away they went...