1200 Calorie Diet???? Seriously???

Options

Replies

• amberellen12
    amberellen12 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Age also has to do with what your daily calorie intake is. At 25 I could eat 300 calories more than I do at 60. My maintence is 1330 now. So if I want to lose weight it’s a lot less calories.
  • amberellen12
    amberellen12 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I just realize that the OP started this discussion in 2013.... 5 years ago. I think he’s long gone! :D
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    LOL Thank you random person on the internet who miraculously knows how everyone should eat. Just because for you something is unhealthy does not automatically apply to all others. What about the petite gals who are like 5 feet born with a slow metabolism? 1200 may very well work for them, maybe less if their doctor is good with it. Some people do intermittent fasting, so yeah "starving" themselves. But there's a whole science behind that. Become someone respected and respectful in the community then come back with your vast and incredible knowledge of all things. /sarcasm
    He wrote that post over five years ago, so I doubt he’ll reply, lol. :D
  • maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Meh I’m 5’9 and I lose nicely on about 1350. Might have a lot to do with my thyroid (which is treated but still low). When I eat much more I maintain or start to slowly gain. I’ve never been overweight but when I start to gain I go back to weighing and measuring and counting calories and 1350 seems to fit me just fine despite not being short, petite, or old. Just seems to be my magic number.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,992 Member
    Options
    I just realize that the OP started this discussion in 2013.... 5 years ago. I think he’s long gone! :D

Yes we know. ;)

Posts are now responding to other posts made in last few days.