SAHMU Team BLACK (closed group)

Options

Replies

• bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    My vote goes to the Macaroons those sounds amazing!
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    It looks like everyone has been MIA this week ... I hope it is because you are engulfed with burning calories! LOL Please don't forget to post your stats for today and your points!
  • AmerTunsi
    Options
    It looks like everyone has been MIA this week ... I hope it is because you are engulfed with burning calories! LOL Please don't forget to post your stats for today and your points!
  • AmerTunsi
    Options
    Awesome Kristy you ROCK!
  • bella_babe_86
    Options
    Im here! I got all 5 pts this week. For the "do something for yourself challenge" I bought a few new books and hid in the bedroom reading for a long time! It was amazing.

I weighed 246.5 today thats a 2.8lbs loss for me!
  • Emmabella11
    Options
    Im here! I got all 5 pts this week. For the "do something for yourself challenge" I bought a few new books and hid in the bedroom reading for a long time! It was amazing.

GOOD JOB!
  • bella_babe_86
    Options
    OK Here's my healthy kid recipe. I looked online for kid friendly foods and this is one of the only things I found that I even remotely thought kids would want to eat.

Burger Buddy

Ingredients
    3 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
    2 medium carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
    10 ounces white mushrooms, large ones cut in half
    1 large onion, cut into 2-inch pieces
    1 pound 90%-lean ground beef
    2 teaspoons dried thyme
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
    2 cups water
    1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium beef broth, divided
    8 ounces whole-wheat elbow noodles, (2 cups)
    2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
    2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, or chives for garnish

Preparation
    1. Fit a food processor with the steel blade attachment. With the motor running, drop garlic through the feed tube and process until minced, then add carrots and mushrooms and process until finely chopped. Turn it off, add onion, and pulse until roughly chopped.
    2. Cook beef in a large straight-sided skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the chopped vegetables, thyme, salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until the vegetables start to soften and the mushrooms release their juices, 5 to 7 minutes.
    3. Stir in water, 1 1/2 cups broth, noodles and Worcestershire sauce; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
    4. Whisk flour with the remaining 1/4 cup broth in a small bowl until smooth; stir into the hamburger mixture. Stir in the sour cream. Simmer, stirring often, until the sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes. Serve sprinkled with parsley (or chives), if desired.

Nutrition Per serving: 326 calories; 10 g fat ( 4 g sat , 3 g mono ); 54 mg cholesterol; 38 g carbohydrates; 23 g protein; 4 g fiber; 431 mg sodium; 644 mg potassium.
    Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (70% daily value), Zinc (33% dv), Iron (20% dv), Potassium (18% dv).
    Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
    Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 medium-fat meats
  • AmerTunsi
    Options
    Oh the burgers look lovely! I have been craving a burger ... but I think I'm going to try to make a turkey meatloaf (maybe I'll use that for my kid friendly recipe)!

So, this week I had a massive weight gain because of TOM's visit ... but oh well ... I did drop a few inches so that is the only reason I'm not FREAKIN' out about it! LOL

Last week 335.2
    This week 340.
  • AmerTunsi
    Options

Congrats! That is a great drop!!
    What books are you reading? I too went and bought a few books. The one I'm reading right now is AMAZING! It's called Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand (Spelling)? She is the author of the book Seabiscut and I find her writing so lovely and vivid! This particular story is the true life story of Louie Zamperini and truth be told, his story is helping me through my weight-loss journey..so inspirational.
  • AmerTunsi
    Options

Congrats! That is a great drop!!
    What books are you reading? I too went and bought a few books. The one I'm reading right now is AMAZING! It's called Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand (Spelling)? She is the author of the book Seabiscut and I find her writing so lovely and vivid! This particular story is the true life story of Louie Zamperini and truth be told, his story is helping me through my weight-loss journey..so inspirational.
  • AmerTunsi
    Options
    Here it is ladies!!! Get ready set go!! (Tomorrow of course)lolbigsmile

SAHMU Challenge Week 5

Cardio:
    Set a week Goal for yourself this week and achieve it! Your goal can't be under 2500 calories burned. We have to push ourselves.(I got this from another challenge on MFP and thought it was great!)

**The Team with the highest Calories burned this week gets an extra point!!

I made another spreadsheet for this challenge please enter in your calorie burns there daily along with your goal.
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnwPqv9GV3KzdEF1LXBGRGZHMzlvVGNrdk5WTXJKbFE&hl=en_US

Please remember to post on your thread how you burned your calories and how many you burned each day, I think this will give us all some new ideas.

Strength: Possible 6 points per person just for this challenge!!
    Day 1 Challenge - 50 Leg Raises (each side)
    Day 2 Challenge - 40 Squats
    Day 3 Challenge - 50 situps or ab crunches
    Day 4 Challenge - 40 "Up & Downs"
    Day 5 Challenge - 25 Pushups
    Day 6 Challenge - 25 Lunges
    Day 7 Rest!! You deserve it!!
    *You can do these in any order you would like.

Food Challenge: Healthy Kids Meal
    Recipe challenge- for this challenge we will each submit a Kids Meal recipe to our team thread, you will receive 1 point for this, take a vote on your team and then submit the best Kids recipe to our main thread, we will then all vote for the best recipe on the main thread and the team with the most votes will receive 1 extra point for this challenge. (the catch is you cannot vote for your own team). Remember to include the nutritional content in your receipe.

Emotional Challenge:
    What excuses have you made (to yourself or others) in the past for your weight, and how do you stop yourself from falling back into the "I am heavy because...." attitude?

** A special thanks to LoveNevrNds and sisa2324 for your help with the challenge this week.

Remember you can always go to
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/102LC_kOsa1CIiwupmuRu4A1t1Dljz_tK_zo7P07JluA/edit?hl=en_US

The challenge is there along with the point system.
    Good Luck Ladies and I hope you enjoy the challenge this week!
  • RedheadHen
    RedheadHen Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Team Black!! I'm your newest member and my name is Stacey. I am the Mom to 2 young kids, Emily who is 3 and Brandon who is 5. Both will be going to school this year and I couldn't be happier! Ha! Well ... this year my son will be going all day and with my daughter going 1/2days ... that gives me time to do stuff with out kids! Yay! LOL!

Thanks for taking me in! I look forward to getting to know you all for the remainder of the challenge! :) I'm gonna send friend requests too!

I usually post once a day to report in daily and it was getting kinda lonely over on Team Red with only 2 of us reporting all last week! Oh! Here are my weights ... I think everything was already transferred to Team Black on the spreadsheets! :)

Starting MFP Weight : 171
    Starting SAHMU Weight : 169
    Week 1 Weight : 169
    Week 2 Weight : 170 ( at TOM)
    Week 3 Weight: 168
    Week 4 Weight: 167
    Change this week : -1
    Goal Weight : 140

Cardio ~ I posted my calories to the spreadsheet for Wednesday. :)
    Strenght ~ Leg Lifts = Done

Emotional ~ I had not really tried to get fit once I started to have kids. It was a great excuse! And there were lots of them! Not enough time, too tired, no money to go a gym ... etc. Oh and my friend had heard that you shouldn't even bother until you youngest is like 18 months or your finished breast feeding. Well ... that 18 months streatched out much farther for me! Haha! I quit smoking last year ... so I figured this year I'd loose some fluff! :) LOL!

Food Challenge ~ Here is my recipe! I got this from SkinnyTaste.com - it's my new favorite site for healthy meals! ;) My 3 + 5 yr old LOVE this dish!

Easiest Pasta and Broccoli Recipe

A few quick tips for making this perfect every time. Don't overcook the pasta, there is nothing worse than mushy pasta. Reserve some of the pasta water before draining, you'll add some of it back in after without having to add too much oil. And most importantly, use good cheese! I like Pecorino Romano or Parmigiano Reggiano, don't buy the cheap stuff, it just isn't the same. If you like a little spice, add some crushed red pepper flakes.

Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 6 • Size: 1 1/2 cups • Old Points: 6 pts • Points+: 8 pts
    Calories: 289.2 • Fat: 7.1 g • Carbs: 48 g • Fiber: 4.9 g • Protein: 11.7 g • Sugar: 1.0
    Sodium: 103.7 (without salt)

Ingredients:
    12 oz uncooked pasta
    6 1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets, no stems
    5 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped
    1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Romano
    2 tbsp olive oil, divided
    salt and fresh cracked pepper

Directions:

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. When water boils, add pasta and broccoli at the same time and cook according to pasta instructions for al dente. When pasta is almost done cooking, reserve about 1 cup of the pasta water and set aside. Drain pasta and broccoli.

Return the pot to the stove and set heat to high; add 1 tbsp olive oil, when hot, add garlic. Cook until golden, reduce flame to low and add pasta back to the pot.

Mix well, add remaining olive oil, grated cheese, salt and pepper to taste mixing well and smashing any large pieces of broccoli to break up.

Add 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water and mix well adding more if needed.

Serve in pasta bowls with additional grated cheese on the side.

Makes about 9 cups.
  • bella_babe_86
    Options
    Sarah- I was reading a series by Addison Moore called the Celestra series. 3 books in 3 days lol, they were so good I just couldnt put them down!

Stacey- Welcome to Team Black! Glad to have you here! And Congrats on the loss this week!
  • katelyn002
    katelyn002 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Im here, and not MIA anymore! Geeze, Aunt Flo takes up all my time :(

Sorry gals!!!
  • bella_babe_86
    Options
    I didnt check in yesterday after my weigh-in but heres whats I've been up to!

Wednesday-Cardio-80 minute workout,Strength-50 leg lifts (592 calories burned)
    Thursday- Cardio-80 minutes, Strength-45 squats (592 calories burned)

Posted my kid friendly meal.

Emotional Challenge- I've got lots of excuses LOL! I'm a mom, I put on the weight while I was pregnant and thats OK. Im just too tired and busy during the day to workout because of the baby and dishes and laundry etc. I've got a husband that loves me the way I am so I dont need to lose the weight! The list goes on and on but Im done making excuses and realized that Hey I do have the time to workout and I can do this LOL!
  • Emmabella11
    Options
    I didnt check in yesterday after my weigh-in but heres whats I've been up to!

Wednesday-Cardio-80 minute workout,Strength-50 leg lifts (592 calories burned)
    Thursday- Cardio-80 minutes, Strength-45 squats (592 calories burned)

Posted my kid friendly meal.

Emotional Challenge- I've got lots of excuses LOL! I'm a mom, I put on the weight while I was pregnant and thats OK. Im just too tired and busy during the day to workout because of the baby and dishes and laundry etc. I've got a husband that loves me the way I am so I dont need to lose the weight! The list goes on and on but Im done making excuses and realized that Hey I do have the time to workout and I can do this LOL!

Wow. That's awesome..good job! U beat me! Lol. So proud of ya!
  • Emmabella11
    Options
    Good Morning Team Black!! I'm your newest member and my name is Stacey. I am the Mom to 2 young kids, Emily who is 3 and Brandon who is 5. Both will be going to school this year and I couldn't be happier! Ha! Well ... this year my son will be going all day and with my daughter going 1/2days ... that gives me time to do stuff with out kids! Yay! LOL!

Thanks for taking me in! I look forward to getting to know you all for the remainder of the challenge! :) I'm gonna send friend requests too!

I usually post once a day to report in daily and it was getting kinda lonely over on Team Red with only 2 of us reporting all last week! Oh! Here are my weights ... I think everything was already transferred to Team Black on the spreadsheets! :)

Starting MFP Weight : 171
    Starting SAHMU Weight : 169
    Week 1 Weight : 169
    Week 2 Weight : 170 ( at TOM)
    Week 3 Weight: 168
    Week 4 Weight: 167
    Change this week : -1
    Goal Weight : 140

Cardio ~ I posted my calories to the spreadsheet for Wednesday. :)
    Strenght ~ Leg Lifts = Done

Emotional ~ I had not really tried to get fit once I started to have kids. It was a great excuse! And there were lots of them! Not enough time, too tired, no money to go a gym ... etc. Oh and my friend had heard that you shouldn't even bother until you youngest is like 18 months or your finished breast feeding. Well ... that 18 months streatched out much farther for me! Haha! I quit smoking last year ... so I figured this year I'd loose some fluff! :) LOL!

Food Challenge ~ Here is my recipe! I got this from SkinnyTaste.com - it's my new favorite site for healthy meals! ;) My 3 + 5 yr old LOVE this dish!

A few quick tips for making this perfect every time. Don't overcook the pasta, there is nothing worse than mushy pasta. Reserve some of the pasta water before draining, you'll add some of it back in after without having to add too much oil. And most importantly, use good cheese! I like Pecorino Romano or Parmigiano Reggiano, don't buy the cheap stuff, it just isn't the same. If you like a little spice, add some crushed red pepper flakes.

Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 6 • Size: 1 1/2 cups • Old Points: 6 pts • Points+: 8 pts
    Calories: 289.2 • Fat: 7.1 g • Carbs: 48 g • Fiber: 4.9 g • Protein: 11.7 g • Sugar: 1.0
    Sodium: 103.7 (without salt)

Ingredients:
    12 oz uncooked pasta
    6 1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets, no stems
    5 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped
    1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Romano
    2 tbsp olive oil, divided
    salt and fresh cracked pepper

Directions:

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. When water boils, add pasta and broccoli at the same time and cook according to pasta instructions for al dente. When pasta is almost done cooking, reserve about 1 cup of the pasta water and set aside. Drain pasta and broccoli.

Return the pot to the stove and set heat to high; add 1 tbsp olive oil, when hot, add garlic. Cook until golden, reduce flame to low and add pasta back to the pot.

Mix well, add remaining olive oil, grated cheese, salt and pepper to taste mixing well and smashing any large pieces of broccoli to break up.

Add 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water and mix well adding more if needed.

Serve in pasta bowls with additional grated cheese on the side.

Makes about 9 cups.

Welcome to black team!!! U seem doing great!..that's awesome! My name is Kristy. I understand how u felt abt putting kid to school! I can't wait for mine! I have two girls are 3 and 2!. I just enrolled my oldest daughter..so exciting. ..my girls love PASTA! Ur recpies is perfect!!...good job!
  • Emmabella11
    Options
    my girls love fruit and pizza!

Bagel Fruit Pizzas

Ingredients:
    1 bagel half per person (we use whole wheat, but just about any kind will do)
    1 Tablespoon Cream Cheese (we frequently use strawberry cream cheese)
    1/8 teaspoon Sugar (optional)
    Roughly ½ cup Assorted Fruit (smaller berries work best)

Steps:

Toast bagel
    Mix cream cheese and sugar together in a bowl (if you're including the optional sugar)
    Spread cream cheese mixture (or just plain cream cheese) on toasted bagel.
    Top with fruit and serve (or, better yet, serve with fruit in a separate bowl and allow the kids to decorate as they please.)

Serves 1.
  • bella_babe_86
    Options
    Those bagels sound so good! Im a sucker for a bagel and cream cheese and If I can call it a pizza thats even better LOL!

Katelyn-Welcome back!!!
  • katelyn002
    katelyn002 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Well guys i leave for vaca tomorrow, and i know i havent had my motivation... so i guess im backing out since i havent been posting and what not, but i sure hpe we all stay friends and keep motivating outside of this challenge :)