Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited November 2018
    Thank you all! I've had the desire to downsize and get rid of clutter, but haven't made much progress. Just as I can shed pounds, I can shed "stuff!" I won't be satisfied until I get it done. Thank you for encouraging me.

Welcome aboard you winner! I love the way you think and thank you so much for contributing to this thread--YAY YOU!!!!
    <3o:)<3
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    I've been using this site for a couple of years now. It really helped me with getting rid of unwanted clutter and organise what was left. There are several challenges. I started with the 15-minutes-a-day one. You get step-by-step suggestions on how to declutter a bit at a time.

https://www.home-storage-solutions-101.com

Cool! I'll check this out! (I'm already in the midst of my own de-cluttering challenge, but it's taking me forever...) ;)

Girfriend--you're doing what so many people wouldn't dream nor think of doing...you're starting and that's everything. Good news is decluttering like weight-loss is a forever thing. We're never done with it--once everything is in order (in the weight blastification and decluttering), there is good ole maintenance to contend with. Thank you ever so very much for contributing to this thread. {{{{ Hugs }}}}} <3o:)<3
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    I swapped out my summer for winter clothes and got rid of a bin bag full of clothes which didn't fit or flatter me. I have a few pairs of pants which I can take in, and will buy a minimum of new clothes this season. I'm making a rule for November.

1 garment in = 2 garments out. I reckon that will weed out the rest of the dross

I so LOVE this November rule Terri and am SO adopting it for myself--THANK YOU ever so very much for sharing this, again I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! <3<3o:)<3<3

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    More info--(mainly for my records)
    :*
    This SBMI chart shows your BMI value and its age-dependent significance for the health. Your value is marked in the center of the highlighted area.

Calculation
    The calculation of the body mass index is based on a height of 5 feet 6 inches (168 cm) and a weight of 154.4 pounds (69.9 kilograms).

BMI = 25
    Your body mass index (BMI) is calculated as exactly 24.9 kilograms per square meter.

Health aspects
    Your weight is at the level that, in our view, should be optimal for health. By classification of the WHO, you are "normal weight". With a good balance of body fat and muscle mass, your blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar values are likely to remain at moderate levels. You would then seem to be well-protected against a heart attack, stroke or diabetes. This might be less so if your body fat is higher with a lower muscle mass, if you consume tobacco, other drugs or too much alcohol, lack physical activity or sleep, eat unhealthy food, or suffer from stress and other unhealthy life factors.

SBMI = 36/70 This assessment is based on the newly developed Smart Body Mass Index. Its ideal range is between 30/70 and 39/70.Your Smart Body Mass Index (SBMI) is calculated as 36/70 or "36 points out of 70".

Weight stability A stable weight at this level is fine, especially if you keep fit.
    Your SBMI will decrease by about one point within ten years if you manage to keep your 154 pounds stable. This is due to the fact that the optimal, i.e. the "healthiest" BMI range increases with age, thus reaching higher BMI values.

Weight management? This is no issue for you, luckily. But you may want to consider some suggestions that are well-advised, not only for weight reasons.

Nutrition Eat a variety of foods that you like, optimally including five servings of fruit and/or vegetables a day. Avoid eating too sweet, too fat and too much.

Physical activity Do physical exercise at least for half an hour daily at moderate to vigorous intensity. Walking or cycling may be better for your joints than jogging.
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Hey what's happening gang?!?

Well...today I met my 6+ years on Mfp goal of 154.4lbs--I am officially no longer obese, no longer overweight and on the high-side of "normal-average" BMI weight. Wow--Thank you Jesus! <3o:)o:)<3o:)o:)<3

17500697.png

Also, when I entered my update, it (for the first time in YEARS of being on Mfp) it did NOT register the official pounds lost (ya know, the "NewLifestyle4me" lost so and so amount since last weighting in--disappointing and I tried everything to get it to show up in my feed, but no pasa nada/not working >:) --counting it ALL joy thought, REFUSE to allow the "little foxes" to spoil my vine, period and hmmmph! :smiley:

Okay, so here's the stats. The last time I dropped any fat was 9 days ago, putting me at 155.8--today down 1.4lbs, so as of today, I'm a wee lil ole 154.4lbs=that's 65.4 big ole ugly and unhealthy pounds of fat/excess pounds and ounces FOREVER gone to where the sun will NEVER shine and meeting my GOAL, mega BOOM and SUPER YAY!!

I'm going to be changing my goals soon, just gonna embrace this meeting of my oh so long goal. I'll soon change my new goal to 137lbs (WOW). We'll see though, if 140-145lbs looks and feel right, I'll stop there. I'm so happy y'all....once more, may I just say BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM!

jhijd8zwyotz.jpg

Your Body Mass Index: 24.92
    24.9=Normal BMI
    Underweight< 18.5
    Normal18.5 - 24.99
    Overweight25 - 29.99
    Obese> 30

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy for you! This really is so inspiring. I'm seeing and feeling a difference since starting the declutter process, though the scale hasn't moved much. I figure that if my clothes are falling off, I'm improving no matter what number is on the scale.
    THANK YOU for this thread! Everyone has such good ideas!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    snoo61 wrote: »
    Hey what's happening gang?!?

Well...today I met my 6+ years on Mfp goal of 154.4lbs--I am officially no longer obese, no longer overweight and on the high-side of "normal-average" BMI weight. Wow--Thank you Jesus! <3o:)o:)<3o:)o:)<3

17500697.png

Also, when I entered my update, it (for the first time in YEARS of being on Mfp) it did NOT register the official pounds lost (ya know, the "NewLifestyle4me" lost so and so amount since last weighting in--disappointing and I tried everything to get it to show up in my feed, but no pasa nada/not working >:) --counting it ALL joy thought, REFUSE to allow the "little foxes" to spoil my vine, period and hmmmph! :smiley:

Okay, so here's the stats. The last time I dropped any fat was 9 days ago, putting me at 155.8--today down 1.4lbs, so as of today, I'm a wee lil ole 154.4lbs=that's 65.4 big ole ugly and unhealthy pounds of fat/excess pounds and ounces FOREVER gone to where the sun will NEVER shine and meeting my GOAL, mega BOOM and SUPER YAY!!

I'm going to be changing my goals soon, just gonna embrace this meeting of my oh so long goal. I'll soon change my new goal to 137lbs (WOW). We'll see though, if 140-145lbs looks and feel right, I'll stop there. I'm so happy y'all....once more, may I just say BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM!

jhijd8zwyotz.jpg

Your Body Mass Index: 24.92
    24.9=Normal BMI
    Underweight< 18.5
    Normal18.5 - 24.99
    Overweight25 - 29.99
    Obese> 30

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy for you! This really is so inspiring. I'm seeing and feeling a difference since starting the declutter process, though the scale hasn't moved much. I figure that if my clothes are falling off, I'm improving no matter what number is on the scale.
    THANK YOU for this thread! Everyone has such good ideas!

YAY you and me too Snoo...just YAY!!!! Isn't it utterly amazing this business of decluttering has literally helped/is helping us get down to size--almost WITHOUT the scale! I'm so VERY happy to hear "clothes are falling off of you", I totally know/experience this same thing. I'm thinking these N.E.A.T. exercising we're doing is a tremendous influence/help in our weight blastification AND decluttering goals. I love it. Thank you so much for your wonderful/encouraging reply. {{{ Hugs }}}

• snoo61
    Decluttering files:

Operation LET IT GO and DON'T LOOK BACK...old jewelry :#

Looking thru several drawers this morning I've found another area I've ignored in my decluttering adventure--old jewelry. I've got quite a bit of "stuff" that is missing the mate, some broken and lots that is just old and ugly and I haven't used or even looked at in years. Like the missing socks issue that I defeated a few weeks ago. Today I'll "attack and conquer/utterly defeat" the old ugly jewelry issues in/from the jewelry drawers! I LOVE this decluttering "business"...it's NEVER, I've "got this" NOR I'm done!

Jewelry is something I need to deal with too. Its so daunting, but I have to add it to my list. One jewelry box at a time. Only way I'll get it done.
  • snoo61
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Dusted the house. But as I dusted. I had a garbage bag with me and got rid of little things I had that no longer have meaning. Also, pared down my holiday decorations- too many decorations look like a mismatch of things.
    Got a binder , whole punched all the medical monthly bills and notices of service for easier reference.

Today, I’ll go through the pantry to donate for a local food bank things that I’ve had but dont use. *Of course, never donate anything expired.

Got all my nail polish, files, nail polish remover... and put it all in one box instead of separate drawers.

I love your "drag a garbage bag around with you" idea!
  • perris101
    perris101 Posts: 15 Member
    Working on this myself ... kinda hard I always feel I’ll need it...😛
  • snoo61
    perris101 wrote: »
    Working on this myself ... kinda hard I always feel I’ll need it...😛

Try packing those things in a box. Put a date 6 months away on the box. Anything left in the box on that date, can be donated.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member

Even of ridding myself of toxic relationships, which I use to think impossible and too scary to do, BAM! I don't miss a single one and actually am at sooo much peace/contentment and even joy without them. Letting "stuff" (people, places and things that contributes to one's self-destruction--even if "LETTING GO" may mean even if the person is still in your life, NO LONGER going along to get along and "minimizing" contact, fellowship and company of said toxic person...NO longer allowing them to have your "power over and in you and NO influence whatsover, no matter who or what or where" and not giving them a split second of your peace of mind or "inner-space" AKA learning to say "NO" and with a loving, but I MEAN BUSINESS spirit/attitude, period. TO TOXIC PEOPLE AND EVEN YOURSELF WHEN YOU FEEL THAT yucky thang coming on and over you-refusing with total and uncompromising giving way/place to any person, place or thing that hinders your walk and new way of thinking, living, being, period.) and once we do learn to say NO and mean it consistently, how y/our general unhealthy thinking and living is minimized and is so FREEING, like a monkey and albatross off of your neck and back. YAY, thanks so much for posting this--I didn't even think of it until you posted. YAY YOU!!!!

I've gotten rid of several toxic people including two family members I cut contact with. My life is much more peaceful. Now i have to work on the clutter. lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!