Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Replies

• MindfulNat
    MindfulNat Posts: 83 Member
    Last week my 3 kids helped me declutter their bedroom closet and mine too. We donated about 12 bags of clothes!!! 12!!! Felt so good!!!
    Next stop is the kitchen.
    Question to those who got rid of bad relationships...how did you do it ? Simply stopped talking to them? Did you let them know you were going to stop?
    Thanks!
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    momofoli wrote: »
    Last week my 3 kids helped me declutter their bedroom closet and mine too. We donated about 12 bags of clothes!!! 12!!! Felt so good!!!
    Next stop is the kitchen.
    Question to those who got rid of bad relationships...how did you do it ? Simply stopped talking to them? Did you let them know you were going to stop?
    Thanks!

That's wonderful! I'm itching to get to my kitchen too.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    "Less consuming, more creating."

Absolutely love that.

That's defined where I'm getting to be lately.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited July 2018
    VUA21 wrote: »
    The best thing I've ever done for myself:

Getting rid of the toxic people in my life. This included a lot of my family.

After that, 90% of my stress went away and I could focus on me. End result: lost 180lbs, enrolled back in school to finish my psych degree, off my anxiety and depression meds, overall happiness increased 1000X's.

Wow...it's real, how when (not if...but when) we "allow/ignore/put up with/go along to get along with/feel obligated to bow down to (serve and support and actually "worship") and be influenced by and live with/by "hollywood" love (instead of REAL and TRUE love), which is actually the exact opposite of what "hollywood love is--hollywood love is NOT REAL, period. It's a FANTASY/DELUSION--it TRULY is and it's because we've ALL been taught/trained/programmed and indoctrinated by the media/hollywood and society (education/schools, entertainment/entertainers and news, music, movies, magazines, etc.) that we live the "messy lives" that we do. ALL of our lives we been brainwashed/programmed to what so-called "love" is. I KNOW THIS IS AND CAN SOUND offensive and hard, but it's the TRUTH and when we KNOW THE TRUTH, we'll me MADE free from so much yuck. We've also been taught and trained ALL of our lives that if we don't "go along to get along", if we CHOOSE not to applaud/cheer/support the sociopaths, psychopaths, "crazy-makers" and all around toxic folk in our lives---especially those who just happen to be a family member (or long-term friend)then we are CONSIDERED: 1.) mean 2.) wrong 3.) unfair 4.) crazy. 5.) a "hater" 6.) something/someone negative 7.) anti-social :* --What's so "wicked/twisted about keeping/supporting toxic people in our hearts, minds and lives is...IT DOESN'T HELP THEM AT ALL--IT'S MAKES THEM (and us) WORSE AND/OR IT DOESN'T MAKE THEM SEE THEMSELVES FOR WHO/WHAT THEY ARE AT ALL. Going along or keeping these folk in our lives is like encouraging and giving them PERMISSION/LICENSE to continue their and our our own mess. Well...as your most excellent results of LETTING GO of said folk, how your very mind, body and spirit excel.

I'm right there with you and mega congrats for DARING to go against the grain, to kick fear and false hope to the curb and live your life, the only one life you'll live here on earth to the fullest and doing "whatever it takes" to be healthy/healthier in your mind, body and soul---so impressive you are o:) ---BOOM!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    I need to declutter my house of 22 years - and 3 kids. There's way too much stuff here. It's just so difficult to let things go. I hope I can get into a clean up state of mind. It would make things so much better if there was less of everything. Especially since we're considering moving.

I soooooo "feel you"--I was there times 10. As the old saying goes "it aint easy, but it's worth it" and it REALLY and TRULY is. Here's some articles that will make you (and anyone struggling with this real issue) smile AND help you for sure:

https://www.thelily.com/the-art-of-decluttering-how-i-freed-myself-from-too-much-stuff/

https://www.familycircle.com/family-fun/organization/clutter/18-things-you-can-get-rid-of-right-now/

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/home/cleaning/g4272/things-its-time-to-get-rid-of/
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    [quote=

Oh. What so what do I do with all the half empty bottles of shampoo hanging around my bathroom?[/quote]

Could donate them to a women’s or homeless shelter? Or just commit to using them all up one by one?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!