Self Esteem & Confidence?

Options
Just curious, I know we are all doing this for better health but is anyone here also trying to lose weight so you can attract the opposite sex and possibly feel better about yourself as well. I’ve reached 30 😫 and I feel like nobody is hitting on me anymore Lol. Sorry for TMI

Replies

• counting_kilojoules
    Options
    I'm not really worried about attracting others these days but sure I'm interested in feeling better about myself. I hit the recommended weight range a while ago. I'm still trying to lose but it's vanity weight now really. I think I'll look better if I lose another five kilos so that's what I'm aiming for.
  • lizalmp1234
    lizalmp1234 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm not really worried about attracting others these days but sure I'm interested in feeling better about myself. I hit the recommended weight range a while ago. I'm still trying to lose but it's vanity weight now really. I think I'll look better if I lose another five kilos so that's what I'm aiming for.

Thank you, and yes, this is what I meant. For feeling better about ourselves and a bit of confidence/self esteem. Congrats on reaching your weight range.

• funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Losing weight hasn't gotten me more attention from men, but different types of men give me attention now. I get hit on more by both older and younger men. I also get hit on more by creepers. The average Joe doesn't talk to me as much now. That's just my experience though.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Losing weight did help me feel better about myself in the sense that I was able to buy cuter clothes that actually fit (I went from size 18/20 US to size 8/10 US), but it didn't fix my self esteem issues. I think that's a pretty common misconception. I'm over 30, too, and while guys aren't lining up around the block just for the chance to speak to me or anything, the interest from them is still there. Do you walk around looking at your phone a lot? I'm asking because maybe they ARE looking but you have been distracted and haven't noticed.
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    You know, I get it. However so many games that could unfold just to catch someone’s eye, be careful if you’re working on self esteem. You may feel good for a bit, it will mess with your mind if you do this just to catch more attention.
  • makkimakki2018
    makkimakki2018 Posts: 414 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Yup... i lost weight to bike faster up hill climbs and it's wonderful to race up hills fast, but i'd be a lying if i said i didn't change myself in hopes of getting hit on as well. There was and still is a small part of me that wants that attention for i was never the popular guy. In my early 30's now just like yourself and fitter than most people yet still no girls hitting on me. Also still getting rejected by the women i pursue. At this point i think im willing to accept ill be alone forever. On the bright side i can buy $15,000 bicycles without having to pay for dates or kids needs. There are ups and downs to being in a relationship as there are not being in one. Juat gotta accepted what life throws at you and make the best of it and be optimistic.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Just curious, I know we are all doing this for better health but is anyone here also trying to lose weight so you can attract the opposite sex and possibly feel better about yourself as well. I’ve reached 30 😫 and I feel like nobody is hitting on me anymore Lol. Sorry for TMI

I got fitter for mostly my health, but also a little bit to look better for my husband lol! I also got him into running with me too, which is so much fun 😊. It’s great seeing him feel better and getting outside again to do things together! As far as confidence goes I’m more confident now that I’m exercising regularly because I feel like it has made my mind a little sharper, the running seems to wake me up and helps me think clearer. You’ll find the right person, just focus on being you and becoming a healthier individual !