Would you get a tracker that doesn’t sync to MFP?

Options
2»

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    <snip most of PP>
    (The sleep data is a hoot: It probably thinks I'm asleep right now.) [/b]

Quoting myself just to add that it did: It recorded REM sleep while I was typing the above post, still in bed but (seemingly ;) ) awake. LOL!

Nope.

You were dreaming. You're still dreaming btw. When you finally do wake up, you will find out it is 2052 and you will learn to bow before the Buffalo overlords.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    <snip most of PP>

Quoting myself just to add that it did: It recorded REM sleep while I was typing the above post, still in bed but (seemingly ;) ) awake. LOL!

You are so good, you can answer MFP questions in your sleep! Mine always thought I was asleep while watching TV. Ok, most of the time I probably was, at least toward end of the show :tongue:
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    <snip most of PP>

You are so good, you can answer MFP questions in your sleep! Mine always thought I was asleep while watching TV. Ok, most of the time I probably was, at least toward end of the show :tongue:

I'm usually good for the beginning and end, I just tend to miss some of the middle.
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    <snip most of PP>

lol 😂 yes I have zero expectations of or interest in “tracking” my sleep.

I’m leaning towards the Misfit or the Moov now. Misfit at least sorta syncs, even though it’s not really communicating correctly it has the potential to be fixed. Moov seems cool with the coaching features, plus it’s a little cheaper. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I’m guessing my way forward is kinda unknown still. It would be better if I could do something super consistent where I was making all my food myself and tracking it to the gram with my activity & my weight but tbh I don’t see that happening. Aiming for good enough is enough of a struggle. But knowing where “good enough” is is the challenge 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Mediocrates55
    Mediocrates55 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I just ditched my old fitbit hr for an Amazfit that doesn't sync over. This one provides an estimated burn for the exercise it records, without BMR data, so it makes it easy to record my exercise total at the end of the day if I feel like it. I tend to go more with a TDEE approach, using the Scooby's Workshop calculators, because my daily routine is pretty much the same. I like the watch. It was cheap and it seems pretty accurate. The sleep data is bonkers though. I got five hours last night and it says only 44 minutes of it was in REM. Who knows, maybe its right and that's why I'm exhausted today.
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Mine didn't connect to MFP (and recently stopped charging). I basically used it to get a better idea of how many steps I took in a typical day and so how active I should put myself down as.

My old fitbit gave odd sleep data too - back when I walked with the kids in a pushchair, the vibration of holding the handles would put it in and out of sleep mode as I walked.
    And if I had it on "normal" it said I slept like a log the whole time I was in bed, if I had it on "sensitive" it said I got about 2-3 hours sleep a night !!! (though in light of some recent health issues and finding out I was sleeping worse than I realised, maybe that wasn't so far off...)
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Apple Watch - love it. And it’s useful for things beyond fitness.