Overnight Oatmeal... no cooking required

Replies

• KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Sounds yummy!
  • titletown
    titletown Posts: 377 Member
    Bump!

I eat oatmeal every morning and it can be a hassle, thanks for the ideas.
  • kjnicol
    kjnicol Posts: 198 Member
    have to try this as I'm getting sick of hot oatmeal!
  • tikkamasala
    tikkamasala Posts: 36 Member
    I know the nutrition info varies based on what you put in it-- but can anyone give me an estimate of how many calories and carbs? (sounds great! just trying to determine if it's "worth it" for me :smile: )
  • titletown
    titletown Posts: 377 Member
    I tried this with Quaker Steel Cut oats last night and it didn't work. I had to boil them in the morning to get them to thicken up and absorb the moisture.

Will be trying old fashion oats tonight.
  • ChocFiend
    ChocFiend Posts: 223 Member
    bump
  • robynsleo
    robynsleo Posts: 3 Member
    My favorite OO recipe:

1/2c oatmeal
    1T crunchy PB
    2/3c almond milk
    1T cocoa powder
    1 pkg splenda

It's like a no bake cookie and keeps me full. Approx 295 calories w/ 10gm protein.
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Oats prepared this way are also called "Bircher muesli." A web search for that will bring up heaps more recipes.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Hi this looks awesome! :)

Just a question - I have some oat sachets (flavoured ones)... would this work by mixing that with milk and then refrigerating?

Thanks!

I'm sure that would work just fine. Just an FYI that those flavored oatmeal packets have lots more sugar though.
  • B3Streeter
    B3Streeter Posts: 292 Member
    definitely going to try this!
  • Mazza64
    Mazza64 Posts: 2 Member
    Bump.............
  • tikkamasala
    tikkamasala Posts: 36 Member
    think I found my new favorite breakfast/lunch! I made it with equal parts quick oats, dannon light and fit vanilla yogurt, and silk almond milk. let it sit for 3 hours then added 1/8c slivered almonds, 1/2 banana, and a couple strawberries. The whole thing came out to just under 500 calories. delicious and VERY filling!

thanks again for starting this thread!
  • jrp31
    jrp31 Posts: 47 Member
    Thanks!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    think I found my new favorite breakfast/lunch! I made it with equal parts quick oats, dannon light and fit vanilla yogurt, and silk almond milk. let it sit for 3 hours then added 1/8c slivered almonds, 1/2 banana, and a couple strawberries. The whole thing came out to just under 500 calories. delicious and VERY filling!

thanks again for starting this thread!

You're welcome. I'm so glad you liked it so much.
  • I made this for lunch today....actually, I made it last night before bed and ate for lunch today :wink:
    used 1/2 c each rolled oats, skim milk, oikos plain non fat greek yogurt and fresh blueberries. Stirred in 1 packet Truvia, sprinkle of cinnamon and covered overnight. Before serving for lunch, stirred in 1 Tbsp organic peanut butter.
    Came out to 384 calories...and I am STUFFED!
    Thank you so much for sharing this recipe.
  • lbeasey
    lbeasey Posts: 254 Member
    bump...
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    great ideas:smile:
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    bump wow what a great idea. Thanks !!
  • elizamc
    elizamc Posts: 285 Member
    Sounds delish!