Breakfast.

Options
I was wondering if you all would share your go to breakfast.
I usually have oatmeal and fruit but getting sick of it and looking for other good options.

Thanks

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,913 Member
    Options
    qtq7za8rzreu.png
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    I have all kinds of things, including more dinner-oriented foods. This morning I had some spaghetti squash, some turnips, a couple of French breakfast radishes, this hybrid kale/brussels sprout thing I bought at the farmers market and was trying (not bad!), smoked salmon, and an egg, over easy.

But that's weirder than my usual breakfast. More commonly I have a vegetable omelet -- whatever I have on hand, for example spinach, leek, and zucchini, with 2 eggs, some feta.

Oh, and coffee. ;-)
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    More often than not I have hot cereal, eggs, yogurt and fruit, in some combination or another.

IN general tho, and a broad idea for you to take away and ponder:

Food is what I eat for breakfast.
    Seriously, I don’t care what kind of food as long as it is:
    - Tasty - herbs and spices
    - Handy - in my house, not at the store
    - Quick to heat & plate - I’m a meal prep nerd
    - Balanced for my Macro targets - loving the MFP experience!
    - Weighed/measured - controls my plan
    - Logged - displays my results over time.

Now, let me admit right here that most of my family thinks I’m pretty bat-kitten crazy for how I eat, but, they aren’t asking me to feed them, and I”m not forcing my way on them, so I really don’t give a hoot if they think spareribs, kale and some yogurt for breakfast is wrong.

Good luck to you!
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I usually have something small for breakfast and tend to eat either on the road or when I get to work. So I keep shelf stable things in my desk, plus have frozen stuff I can grab and microwave when I get there.

Instant Oatmeal
    Kashi GoLean Peanut Butter Crunch cereal (this is my "it's the weekend!" treat)
    Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Sandwich
    Belvita Breakfast Cookies
    Starbucks Turkey Bacon Sandwich
    Dunkin Donuts Turkey Sausage Sandwich
    FiberOne Oat & Chocolate Bar

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I eat a lot of different things for breakfast, but a couple things I go to with high frequency are Greek yogurt/cottage cheese with fruit, or fried eggs with some kind of carb (leftover potato, English muffin, toast, whatever). I also uh... am a friend to McMuffins large and small.

Aside from those three routines, I pretty much eat whatever for breakfast. Dinner leftovers, giant salad or wilted greens with an egg, cheese and crackers, oatmeal and fried ham, it's all good in my book.
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    ticzivacje2j.jpg

Seriously folks 3/4 cup is 120 calories, even adding some skim milk or non dairy creamer and a cup off coffee comes out under 200 calories without all the prep and clean up from exotic breakfasts. I don’t worry about protein, sugars, carbs.
    Just want something to get rolling with that’s not crazy calories.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    12 grams chocolate PB2, 20 grams chocolate whey protein powder, 30 grams Trader Joe's high fiber cereal, and 175 grams 0% Fage Greek yogurt. Stir, thin with water or milk to your desired consistency. My portion is 298 calories, 40 grams of protein, 12 grams of fiber, creamy crunchy chocolatey deliciousness.

If I feel like cooking, I might have a couple of scrambled eggs with a slice of cheese and a sprinkle of Penzey's Fox Point. The macros aren't as good for me, but sometimes cheesy eggs really hit the spot.

If I need a quick and/or lower calorie breakfast, I will probably just grab a Quest bar.
  • mgookin
    mgookin Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    English muffin. 1/2 with PB other 1/2 has strawberry preserves. 1-2 sliced of bacon depending on my mood. And 2 eggs with mushrooms and spinach scrambled.

Other option is breakfast pizza.
    Tortillia w/ Taco bell hot sauce, 1 scrambled egg, black beans, mushroom, sprinkle some cheese on top. Sometimes I add avocado or other goodies. Just depends on how hungry I am.

Other days leftovers from previous dinners.
  • Mary_Anastasia
    Mary_Anastasia Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    2 slices 40cal toast, each topped with 1tbsp cream cheese, thin slice of raw red onion, solid egg patty, a sprinkle of shredded cheese, and salt.

Otherwise, 2 eggs with mushrooms, garlic, broccoli, squash, whatever, with avocado and salsa.

I'm vegetarian, or I'd probably be adding turkey slices.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Half a bagel with cream cheese and 1 scrambled egg with 1/2 a cup of egg whites with cheddar cheese mixed in.

Sometimes I will make a spinach/mushroom omelette in a bit of coconut oil.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if you all would share your go to breakfast.
    I usually have oatmeal and fruit but getting sick of it and looking for other good options.

Thanks

most days its protein enriched cereal.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    rdmitch wrote: »
    ticzivacje2j.jpg

Seriously folks 3/4 cup is 120 calories, even adding some skim milk or non dairy creamer and a cup off coffee comes out under 200 calories without all the prep and clean up from exotic breakfasts. I don’t worry about protein, sugars, carbs.
    Just want something to get rolling with that’s not crazy calories.

I miss Cocoa Pebbles (and Fruity Pebbles). The shame of living in Canada. *sigh*

I just eat easy-to-make stuff that I don't have to have my brain much engaged for. Been cereal with diet soda for years. When I feel like getting really complicated, I'll make micro polenta with molasses.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Soft boiled egg on multigrain 45 calorie piece of toast.
    Overnight oats, favorite is with raspberries, sliced almonds, chia seeds, unsweetened almond or coconut milk
    Plain Cheerios with unsweetened almond or coconut milk
  • lalee115
    lalee115 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    This morning, I had a slice of peanut butter toast and some hot chocolate.

Yesterday, I had a scrambled egg with cheese.

The day before, I think I just had a cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows.

Sometimes I have nothing (usually because I'm slack and running late). I typically have a snack around 10 every day, though.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    My wife cooks egg cup omelettes for a week. Take a muffin tray and put an egg in each with whatever your favorite omelette goodies are and pop them in the oven.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    MikePTY wrote: »
    My wife cooks egg cup omelettes for a week. Take a muffin tray and put an egg in each with whatever your favorite omelette goodies are and pop them in the oven.

they're even better with sausage meat at the bottom!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Toast with peanut butter and raspberry jam, coffee. On weekends sometimes pancakes, waffles or eggs.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Breakfast for me is mostly:

Scrambled or poached eggs x 2 with wholemeal granary toast x 1 slice and tea - 230 cals
    or
    40g porridge oats/ 15g peanut butter/ half banana/ handful blueberries/ 10g Nutella - 350 cals

I keep my breakfasts fairly low calorie because I prefer to enjoy a mid morning snack and that uses up another 150 cals at least.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    n2r4ivch9ff2.png

Yogurt for protein so I don’t crash... and I like to start my day out with dessert 😃