5'2 women/Comfortable weight?

Options

Replies

• sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and currently maintaining around 126-9, and pretty comfortable at that. Looking critically I could probably stand to shift about 5 or so vanity pounds, but want to concentrate on maintaining a stable weight for a few more months before I decide.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    130# was okay for me. Wasn't happy with it, but at least I could buy clothes off the rack and doctors didn't nag me about losing weight. I was still pretty fat though, despite being "thin" and a normal BMI.
  • Caralarma
    Caralarma Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"2 and right now I'm 55kg which is the lowest I've been in years. I'm comfortable at this weight but my ultimate goal weight is 50kg.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    5'0" here.

I am happiest at 118-120 lbs. I am 127 lbs currently. Starting weight was 145lbs 6 months ago.
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    As someone who has no memory of being in normal BMI at 5’2 these weights are astounding to me. Very interesting!
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    kiela64 wrote: »
    As someone who has no memory of being in normal BMI at 5’2 these weights are astounding to me. Very interesting!
    Until very recently, I don’t think I’ve ever been at a normal BMI.

• hotel4dogs
    hotel4dogs Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", 60 years old and I have 101# of lean body mass. I think that the LBM number really defines what's a good weight for you.
    About 135 is an ideal weight for my age and LBM as that gives me a fat % of 25%, which is fine at 60 years old. I'm about 142 now and feel I could lose 5-10 but I'm not unhappy here.
    However, if I only had 90# of LBM then the same 135 pounds would be 33% body fat, which wouldn't be good.
  • Sandyt73
    Sandyt73 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Im 5’1 and 135 is a good number
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’2” and have broad shoulders. I was 130 for almost a year but am now at 125 and have much better definition. I work out routinely and think I’d be best at 122. Any lower and I get gaunt looking.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I’m 5”2 & have an athletic built. I like myself around 120. I’m at 130. I was told I looked sick at 120, eyes were sunken in, & I was looking a bit gaunt. I’m in the process of a long reverse diet. I have been a chronic dieter since my teens & working on long term metabolic health.
  • liltortillaboy
    liltortillaboy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’2 and currently sitting at 130 lbs. Only lost 2 lbs this past month but I’m losing inches. Recently got a manual labor job so I’m attributing it to that. At 130 my collar bones are prominent, arms a little toned but some under-flab, tummy is ALMOST flat and my thighs, hips and butt are still very large. Smallest I’ve been is 122 and even then I was still self-conscious. Currently wearing XS or S tops and size 4-6 pants. My goal weight is 110 and I would like some muscle tone. I will try to check back in once I’ve hit my goal!
  • krael65
    krael65 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 ish, 53 yrs old. Now I feel great if I'm under 115. I'm sitting at ~118 now, and am feeling rather chunky.

10 years ago, anything under 125 was good.
    20 years ago, under 130 felt good, most likely due to youth & higher LBM.

I suppose this is a good argument in favor of weight training :) . Which reminds me... I really need to get back at it!
  • krael65
    krael65 Posts: 306 Member
    Options

Astounding in what way?
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    5'0" here.

I am happiest at 118-120 lbs. I am 127 lbs currently. Starting weight was 145lbs 6 months ago.

I have the perfect solution for that. Check this link out!!!!
    https://tinyurl.com/y97pcroj

@kami3006 I'm getting a little tired of reporting this person. Can you use your powers to nuke these annoying posts? :lol:

:)

:love: :flowerforyou:
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1. Right now, I'm 120 and I'm comfortable there. Since losing the bulk of my weight, I've bounced as high as the high 120's and wasn't at all comfortable there. I felt too fluffy.

My lowest was 115, and I'd like to get back there, maybe try for 110, maybe not. My body composition has changed since I was 115, so I'll just see how it looks when and if I get there.
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    krael65 wrote: »

Astounding in what way?

Just that I can’t even fathom it in relation to myself. My sense of what normal is has just been that skewed!