5'2 women/Comfortable weight?

Replies

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,780 Member
    krael65 wrote: »
    I'm 5'2 ish, 53 yrs old. Now I feel great if I'm under 115. I'm sitting at ~118 now, and am feeling rather chunky.

10 years ago, anything under 125 was good.
    20 years ago, under 130 felt good, most likely due to youth & higher LBM.

I suppose this is a good argument in favor of weight training :) . Which reminds me... I really need to get back at it!

This right here for me also!! I feel best at around 100 right now although technically it’s a low BMI.
  • krael65
    krael65 Posts: 306 Member
    kiela64 wrote: »
    krael65 wrote: »
    kiela64 wrote: »
    As someone who has no memory of being in normal BMI at 5’2 these weights are astounding to me. Very interesting!

Astounding in what way?

Just that I can’t even fathom it in relation to myself. My sense of what normal is has just been that skewed!

I see! :)
  • Stellamom2018
    Stellamom2018 Posts: 120 Member
    I started at 210, I am 165 now and I *think* my target is around 130. All through high school I was 155, so I only have a memory of weighing in front of my 5th grade gym class at 125 and my gym teacher saying "now you just need to stay this weight forever" to me. So I basically have that weight burned into my brain.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    I'm 5'1 and my ideal weight is 112lbs, well, that's the weight I felt my best in the past. My sw this year was 133lbs, now down to 126lbs, so got 14lbs to go :smile:
  • DrusiliaDD
    DrusiliaDD Posts: 71 Member
    I'm around 5'1 and currently 124. I'm not happy here, my current goal is 119 but if I'm not happy there I might try for 112. Body recomposition will probably help me if I'm not happy even at a lower weight.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited November 2018
    I'm 5ft 2, started my weight loss journey at an all time high for me 154lbs/11 stone and thought if I get to 133lbs/ 9 1/2 stone I'd be doing really well. Got there and dropped a further 10lbs over a period of another year - am comfortable/happy with my weight ranging from 124-128lbs. I'll be 50 next year and being lower than 124 takes its toll on my face, look too gaunt/haggard below 124.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    I'm just under 5'2" and have been comfortably maintaining for a year at 148lb (well I've really just finished a mini bulk and I'm cutting back to the 148), technically still around 10lb overweight, but I feel good at this weight and I am more muscular than average. I'm a UK 10/12 and probably weigh at least 20lb more than the last time I was this size (around 10 years ago when I lost weight in an unhealthy way without and strength work).
  • HDBKLM
    HDBKLM Posts: 466 Member
    I'm 5'2.5" and currently around 135. I've got at 5 more pounds to go just to get to the first stop-and-reassess goal. I once had a semi-happy weight of 125, and would like to shoot for 120. I have a small frame and have been as low as 110 at my height without looking gaunt, but it's probably not realistic for me now for various reasons, lack of sustainability being a big one.

Generally speaking, I'm feeling pretty good about myself at my current weight and fitting into small-sized clothes at the shops, though with my apple-shaped torso and dearth of muscle mass I can still pinch not just an inch but full handfuls from my belly area. Far from ideal. I'd like to get lower so that I'm more proportionate. I also know I need to incorporate more strength training into the mix, but I'm just not that motivated about it, unfortunately. One thing at a time, I suppose.

The only other factor I can think of in my case is that the last time I was 120–125 (in college during the 90s) I was pretty much flat-chested. After spending so much time overweight or obese that's no longer the case. My bust is shrinking but still exists at the moment. If I reach a stage where I start to have skin flaps instead of boobs I might have to call it, pinchable belly fat or no.
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    I'm 5'2" and small framed (small chest, butt, hips)

I started out at 155lb and am currently maintaining between 124-127lb and I'm happy here. It would take a lot of discipline to lose much more and since I'm happy with how I look, I've decided to stop here and will hopefully maintain this weight.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    i am 5 2 also- i am now 144 and my goal is a healthy bmi- not overweight- so according to the scales and charts- it should be 136 or below- I will see how i feel when i get there and adjust up or down- I have large boobs so i don't want to look sick- just healthy and nice-
  • leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    I’m 5’2”. 134 now but my goal is 115. 124 is my happy weight, easily maintained. I used to maintain at 110 in my 30’s but I like 115 better. I choose a lower goal because otherwise I just chill out and start gaining, but my body bounces up from anything less than 120 with a vengeance.