• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    4 days without spending any money!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,000 Member
    Options
    Body: walked over 14.2K steps in my house LOL

Social: reconnected with old friends & made some new ones...shared a meal...and spent an hour with one who came to my house for first time, really nice conversation, lovely lady. I had so much fun- must get together with others much more often!

Mind: went to a Meet-up that stretched my mind!

Creativity: Actually Made Some Art (as opposed to decluttering/reorganizing my art materials) Yay!! Will work on them more tomorrow!

Productivity: Gave away two bags of art supplies, gifted a duplicate book I had to someone who loved it. :) cleared some horizontal surfaces & incorporated some supplies I found in another room into my art room.

Soul: very grateful all day long for my health & for my commitment to eat well, exercise, and de-stress. I am committed.

• PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    @skram01, thank you. I'm looking forward to it!

I haven't been doing great in the self-care arena, but bit by bit I'm chipping away at the mountain of things on which I've procrastinated. I made a car service appointment (car has to be inspected this month and needs a little work before that), and I have a plumber coming this morning to fix an issue in my laundry room. Other little things have been accomplished as well.

For those into bullet journaling, crafting, and the like, I'm loving Jordan Clark's YouTube videos. So beautiful and inspiring!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    SaraKim17 wrote: »

I haven't been doing great in the self-care arena, but bit by bit I'm chipping away at the mountain of things on which I've procrastinated. I made a car service appointment (car has to be inspected this month and needs a little work before that), and I have a plumber coming this morning to fix an issue in my laundry room. Other little things have been accomplished as well.

For those into bullet journaling, crafting, and the like, I'm loving Jordan Clark's YouTube videos. So beautiful and inspiring!

@SaraKim17 I think you’re doing great! Having a safe car & working plumbing IS Self-Care!!!

Thanks for Jordan Clark tip! I’ll check it out!
  • thisPGHlife
    thisPGHlife Posts: 440 Member
    Options

I agree with @MadisonMolly2017 that having your house and car work properly is such a relief. Husband just redid my brakes and rotated my tires and it feels amazing!

I watched a couple of her videos this morning and now I feel like money doesn't even come close to living up to that!
  • PKM0515
    Options
    skram01 wrote: »

I agree with @MadisonMolly2017 that having your house and car work properly is such a relief. Husband just redid my brakes and rotated my tires and it feels amazing!

I watched a couple of her videos this morning and now I feel like money doesn't even come close to living up to that!

@MadisonMolly2017 , @skram01, thank you. I'm so happy with the new plumber I tried! Today has been a good, productive day.

@skram01, I'm so glad you liked the Jordan Clark videos. I'm old enough to be her mother, but I love her sensibility and creative talent. She inspired me to start letter writing again, and I want to try a few of her simple craft ideas. 💖
  • PKM0515
    Options
    For some reason, I'm not seeing the edit option on my previous post.

I was a little concerned about monopolizing this thread with my bullet journal/craft comments, so I created a discussion (Bullet Journaling, Crafting, Etc.) on the Chit Chat board. Feel free to join me there. :)
  • PKM0515
    Options
    Today's Self Care
    • Body: Stationary Bike (I managed more than 5 minutes; I did 11.)
    • Mind: Happy with my work accomplishments (working at home today)
    • Spirit: Devotional reading, enjoying the beauty of the snow (5" so far, I think)
  • thisPGHlife
    Options
    @SaraKim17 I can't wait to see what that thread holds!!

Today I stayed after class to review things that are going to be on the test. I've finally decided to take the test so fingers crossed that I make yellow belt.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Made a new self-care goal of taking at least one warm bath per week. A delightfully scented soak is super soothing to me. Checked the first one off my list last night, in fact. <3
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Made a new self-care goal of taking at least one warm bath per week. A delightfully scented soak is super soothing to me. Checked the first one off my list last night, in fact. <3

I have a bubble bath every morning. I boastfully sometimes think it's one reason I'm so Zen. :D

My practical side knows I prefer it to a shower because I've done my back in too many times shaving my legs in the shower. :D
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Creativity: Making art each morning! First thing!

Body: Walking > 10K steps a day around my house. More veggies!

Soul: Clearing out almost of all clothes that are too big now... committing to this lifetime journey. Letting go of past; embracing future. Wrote 3 pages in a Journal - quite pleasant- first time in a very long time. Considering doing this on a regular basis.

Productivity: Final push on declutter/reorg/beautification of my Art Studio. Verrry exciting to be at the Finish Line!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    Body: exercised on treadmill and lifted weights. Also, I bought some bath salts scented lavender.
    Mind: I’m in a hotel this weekend in my own room. I have not turned TV on once, no music and just chilling.
    Soul: Scrapbooking my pictures this weekend. Throwing away pictures not needed which is cleansing. No need to keep twenty pictures of an event just keep the four great ones.
  • thisPGHlife
    Options
    Today my self care was having 560 calories worth of Mike and Ike's as lunch. Maybe husband and I went on a movie date and saw the Crimes of Grindlewald. Weather wise it's pretty nice here so I'm looking forward to taking the dog for her evening walk. Yesterday I got to practice with the person who is going to be my partner for my krav test. It helped out my mind at ease because we work well together.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Nov 18
    Made art!!!

Finishing up art room declutter/reorganizing of past 18 months! 😮 4-5 hours yesterday

HIIT Ex BIke workout

Cuddling my cat while watching a silly movie.

Listened to many guided meditations & went to sleep early!
  • kfitzwater24
    kfitzwater24 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Worked in my freedom Mastery planner, went shopping with Mom, cuddled my puppy
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Mountain biking with my husband. Conquered that tricky hill...finally!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Listened & meditated with an app for quite awhile when I woke up to early.

Peaceful!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    Took a hot bath with lavender salts. Listening to fav country music songs. All settled in my loft to read Oprah’s favorite things issue now.