First time with keto!

Greetings all! I'm commencing my keto journey and welcome all information on the topic. Let's keto!

Replies

• SherrieWall
    SherrieWall Posts: 4 Member
    Welcome to the Keto lifestyle. Been on it for 3 months, down 40 lbs 💪🏾 I think it’s a great diet. The first diet Ive done and lost weight lol stick with it
  • 96tammy96
    96tammy96 Posts: 3 Member
    I too will be starting Keto! Welcome and I hope we both do well. I know it’s super healthy and I’ve downloaded a few apps.
  • MsDany_L
    MsDany_L Posts: 32 Member
    Welcome!! I’ve thought about trying Keto but haven’t taken the plunge yet. Hope things go well for you all!
  • charmcitysarah
    charmcitysarah Posts: 1 Member
    I’m also considering doing it. Would love to hear from others’ experiences. Is there a good thread in here to follow? I’m new to the forums.
  • nikkibrittany
    nikkibrittany Posts: 3 Member
    I'll be slowly shifting to Keto. It's hard to be on such a strict diet when you live with someone who eats like garbage. Gonna give it a go!
  • hanlondr
    hanlondr Posts: 3 Member
    I am starting keto today. Keep it up. If you want a friend on here add me!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    I've started and re-started keto-type eating (following the Plant Paradox program, which is pretty similar), but the longest I stuck with it was 5 days. I liked it after the first 2 days. I've dabbled with getting back into it, but haven't been able to fully re-commit. Hence, I've logged back into MFP for inspiration and support. :) Best wishes, everyone!
  • Karyn2468
    Karyn2468 Posts: 4 Member
    I plan to start the Keto diet tomorrow. I’m very encouraged by the comments everyone has made. I’m sure we will all be successful as we make this lifestyle change. Thank you all for sharing.
  • andied23
    andied23 Posts: 3 Member
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Welcome! I hope you have lots of success with it. Don't forget to increase your sodium to 3000-5000 mg + a day to avoid the keto flu electrolyte imbalance.

Consider these MFP groups for more info and support:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1143-keto
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum

My account kicked me out and I’m email address opens an old account from 2014,
    so i lost my streak and everything from the old one. I was in these groups and didn’t know how to find them, so THANK YOU!

To OP, I’ve been doing Keto for 4.5 months.
    I’ve found it’s the easiest “diet” I’ve ever followed to stick to. Anyone can feel free to add me as a friend if they’d like ☺️
  • Cannestra91
    Cannestra91 Posts: 53 Member
    edited November 2018
    Hello all! I have been doing keto now for 95 days I believe and am loving the results! Down 30lbs from my highest weight and still going strong. Definitely easier than I thought it would be to give up carbs and sugar and I foresee this being a lifestyle for me! Please feel free to join my group called, "Keep Calm and Keto On" for information/support on your keto journeys!! <3
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Hi, I've started keto this week. Just on Tues. Down 6lbs already. I know that's mainly water weight but I want to keep going so looking for keto friends to share recipes and bounce ideas off.

I tried and failed in the past but something just clicked with me this time.

Feel free to add me