Progress = F@t

So got weighted after being good and sticking to 1500 calories 😏 and Iv gained 😞🙈👊🏻 What can’t I just be thin!! 😭😭

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Have you taken on a new exercise routine or close to TOM? Both cause water retention.
  • _emmabella
    _emmabella Posts: 20 Member
    Hmmmm possibly could be water retention 🤷🏻‍♀️ got foamin with myself so binged...... then cried and was more foamin! Vicious circle ⭕️
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Being good and sticking to 1500 calories for how long? It doesn't happen overnight.
  • _emmabella
    2weeks, I know it don’t happen overnight however I’d like to see at least a lb loss over 2 weeks.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    _emmabella wrote: »
    2weeks, I know it don’t happen overnight however I’d like to see at least a lb loss over 2 weeks.

So would I, but it doesn't always happen, often for the reasons @nutmegoreo mentioned or others. Getting emotional about it and binging is counterproductive to your goal. Consistency over time is what matters. What are your stats - height, current weight, goal weight?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Hmmmm possibly could be water retention 🤷🏻‍♀️ got foamin with myself so binged...... then cried and was more foamin! Vicious circle ⭕️

Might be time to reevaluate your approach, because that's not going to work long-term. How strict are you being with yourself? Do you have a list of forbidden foods in your head?

How often are you weighing? Is it the same scale? Same time of day? Same clothing?
  • _emmabella

Did you gain all the weight in 2 weeks?
    Please don’t tell me I have to wait 36 year 😱😂😉
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 976 Member
    Thanks, TavistockToad, that was an interesting read.
  • jimmayb3548
    jimmayb3548 Posts: 2 Member
    So got weighted after being good and sticking to 1500 calories 😏 and Iv gained 😞🙈👊🏻 What can’t I just be thin!! 😭😭

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    what is 'foamin' ? losing weight is a slow process, keep working on eating at a calorie deficit and you will lose - have patience.

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    If you stopped gaining that's already one battle won.

it takes time and weight goes up and down daily so it may just be a flux up masking a loss. my weight can peek an extra 3-4 pds randomly for a list of reasons but then comes back to normal.

are you weighting your food and carefully choosing entries in MFP?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    aedqcqdgnfi5.jpg
  • aivamillie1416
    aivamillie1416 Posts: 2 Member
    I was losing weight at about 1 lb a week at 1500 calories a day, then my weight loss stopped, I started doing the squat challenge and my weight loss started again, maybe just incorporate small workouts if u aren’t already. Good luck! ☺️
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    what is 'foamin' ? losing weight is a slow process, keep working on eating at a calorie deficit and you will lose - have patience.

@LivingtheLeanDream Foamin' (as in foaming at the mouth) fuming/not happy

Usually only used by 13 year olds...

It's quite commonly used where I'm from, mostly by adults.