Qysmia - 2018

13»

Replies

• maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    I see and endocrinologist, and he told me last time “sorry but the amount you take is what I would give to a person who no longer has a thyroid.” I guess this is the best I get to feel
  • amynew4u
    amynew4u Posts: 47 Member
    amynew4u wrote: »
    I encourage everyone with Hashimotos to seek the services of a good endocrinologist who doesn't treat by numbers. Learn the symptoms of hypothyroidism, and if you still experience symptoms while medicated, insist that your dose be titrated until you are symptom-free.

There is a range of "normal" for a reason. Most of need to find a sweet spot within that "normal" in order to feel our best.
    Indeed, I do. I am in "remission" but work with an endocrinologist that trusts my intuition and symptoms rather than the numbers and normal range.

How can you be in remission from Hashimotos?

For my Endo, it is defined as an extended period with little to no symptoms, within range numbers and therefore no need for thyroid meds.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    I encourage everyone with Hashimotos to seek the services of a good endocrinologist who doesn't treat by numbers. Learn the symptoms of hypothyroidism, and if you still experience symptoms while medicated, insist that your dose be titrated until you are symptom-free.

There is a range of "normal" for a reason. Most of need to find a sweet spot within that "normal" in order to feel our best.
    Indeed, I do. I am in "remission" but work with an endocrinologist that trusts my intuition and symptoms rather than the numbers and normal range.

How can you be in remission from Hashimotos?

For my Endo, it is defined as an extended period with little to no symptoms, within range numbers and therefore no need for thyroid meds.

But you experienced that while taking the medication, so the effects were due to the replacement of the thyroid hormone.

This really makes no sense given how Hashimoto's works.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    I see and endocrinologist, and he told me last time “sorry but the amount you take is what I would give to a person who no longer has a thyroid.” I guess this is the best I get to feel

He prescribes by set amount? That sounds like a very bad doctor.