Liquid calories

Options

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    I normally drink mostly plain water, often warm tea in the afternoon/evening, and sometimes I put those little sugar free flavor packets in my water when I have dinner. I like a little sweet beverage (usually lemonade) with my savory meals.

I don't normally drink my calories, but it was a food holiday today, and they were serving this:

gpbkczn5x5v2.png

My 4 kids polished off the apple-cranberry and apple-pear versions of this! It's a Holiday tradition. Far superior to sparkling grape juice.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    Number of liquid calories I’ve consumed since beginning my weight loss journey on 8/31/2018 is ZERO.

My favorite liquid beverage:

1) Single cup of strong black coffee in the morning - currently Italian Roast or a Peet’s Cafe Americano,

2). San Pellagrino acqua minerale,

3). Distilled water with squeeze of lime.

What about you?

What, no protein shakes?
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Number of liquid calories I’ve consumed since beginning my weight loss journey on 8/31/2018 is ZERO.

1) Single cup of strong black coffee in the morning - currently Italian Roast or a Peet’s Cafe Americano,

What about you?

What, no protein shakes?

I was wondering about this. I go through a lot of them especially when cutting.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

What about you?

What, no protein shakes?

I used to drink them regularly but then I got better at hitting my protein target without needing them.
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Probably way too much wine, Fernet and Campari. :#

A woman of fine taste! Fernet, Campari or Unicum are my nightcap when I'm having one, and wine is... wine!

Also, I take coffee with milk lately (espresso machine with cappuccino foamer at the office...), I have the occasional shake which I also see as liquid cals, and then there's wine, liquor, beer. No fruit juice, no ice tea, no fizzies. Well.. coke zero, okay.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,023 Member
    Options

What about you?

Number of liquid calories I have consumed since beginning my weight loss/ maitenance journey in Jan 2013 - oh, I don't know, a hundred thousand?

Consisting of water, diet sodas, milk, coffee, tea,regular soda,juice, cider, southern comfort, wine, vodka.

• smolmaus
    smolmaus Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I feel like the OP intended for people to be one-upping eachother in the other direction lol

Does custard count as liquid calories? Or gravy? Garlic mayo?
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options

What about you?

Black coffee has calories. Anywhere between 1 and 5.

I consume mostly water, black coffee and low calorie pop. Occasional glasses of wine.
  • VanaraChhay
    VanaraChhay Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Soy piccolo 46 calories only😁
  • MushroomLadyJR
    MushroomLadyJR Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Orange juice and chocolate milk. Pre pregnancy there was red wine too, always French and preferably Bordeaux.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    SabAteNine wrote: »

A woman of fine taste! Fernet, Campari or Unicum are my nightcap when I'm having one, and wine is... wine!

Omg @SabAteNine I forgot about Unicum my father-in-law has a bottle and I never knew what it was called.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    The only thing I drink with calories is the 2% milk in my morning coffee. The rest of the day, it's tea (no milk), flavored sugar free water, seltzer, mineral water, and on occasion, a diet root beer.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options

Black coffee has calories. Anywhere between 1 and 5.

Thanks for setting me straight. I can “finance” that with my daily budget. I prefer to chew my calories rather than drink them.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options

What about you?

What, no protein shakes?

Ya, that plus ingredients to add fat, fiber, and flavor is my breakfast.

zy1k1l7k87xe.png
  • establishingaplace
    establishingaplace Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Coffee with flavored CoffeeMate or cream & sugar.

Protein shakes when I'm in a workout groove and more carefully watching my protein macros.

I put Crystal Light packets in my water sometimes.

And of course, wine and cocktails here and there.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    Soy piccolo 46 calories only😁

I've never heard of this. Is it just soy milk sold in small containers?
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I like making vegetable juice in my Vitamix.
    Beet-Spinach
    Kale
    Heirloom tomato

Sometimes I drink my greens- esp with a scoop of protein powder. It’s hard for me to eat 2/3 cups of greens - but pulverized into a juice - no prob. ☺️
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I mostly drink water but usually have 1 cup of milk a day. I drink either 2% Fairlife or Chocolate Fairlife. I also drink 1 or 2 black teas a day with Splenda and a bit of honey. On occasion, I will drink OJ but it has to be fresh squeezed. I do like bubbly, fruit infused waters like LaCroix.

What I don't use calories on is soda or alcohol.
  • kevont
    kevont Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    smolmaus wrote: »
    I feel like the OP intended for people to be one-upping eachother in the other direction lol

Does custard count as liquid calories? Or gravy? Garlic mayo?

This is what I thought the thread would turn into. I was going to see if my CT contrast counted (130 cals) or if the 3 Sprites I drank as part of my liquid diet before my colonoscopy counted (since you have to drink your calories on a liquid diet). Then I remembered that Coke Zero has trace calories and I figured I drink one or two of them a day so I was out anyway. Oh, and milk shakes. i consider them dessert but I guess I do drink them. And I am going to continue to do so...just as soon as Baskin Robbins brings back the Bananas Foster ice cream.
  • sophia162
    sophia162 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »

CAMPARI - YES!!!

I mix it with Fernet and it is amazing. Maybe a bit too amazing, woops! :p
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »

I mix it with Fernet and it is amazing. Maybe a bit too amazing, woops! :p

Never tried that mix. I usually just do campari and soda - refreshing and perfect!

No no no.
    Campari with tonic and ice is the true way.