Intermittent fasting... 20:4 too much?

13»

Replies

• ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    A 12 hour fast is easy, I don't know why people make such a big deal about it

Ramadan is no food or water.

Ill use my friend as an example. He doesnt like waking at 4am for breakfast, makes him vomit so he stays asleep. He goes to work in a physically demanding job all day. No food no water. Where we are its after 9pm before its time to break fast so he has one standard meal then spends a couple hours drinking water before having a light snack and its bedtime for him hes fasting 21 hours

If it were just a food fast in the height of summer no probs but its the no fluid elements

Ive participated in early spring with my ex husband..... fainted at work
  • mcbeanstr wrote: »
    Jemmej747 wrote: »
    Fasting doesn't do anything good for you. Eat in a calorie deficit to lose weight. Eat enough every day. The body is designed to normally have adequate amounts of food every day. You will not burn any fat from short fasts.

Gonna have to disagree with you on that. Studies show that there are many benefits but the most common is detoxifying the body.

Ramadhan starts tomorrow - 30 days of fasting from Dawn till dusk. Depends on where you're situated, for me it's roughly 12 hours a day

I know this is an old post, but I have to tell you. I live in Oman and on Ramadan people actually gain lots of weight, because they don't just eat, they binge and mostly fried and high calorie foods, large portions washed down with sugary drinks. Very bad situation, that even doctors warn people during Ramadan not to overeat. Fasting is good, but we have to eat reasonably as well. If we go into calorie surplus we will gain weight.