Back to strict logging or nah?

Options
I've been able to maintain near enough 75kg for the last couple of months without logging, but now I want to get down to 72 for a cycle event at the end of January. I wonder if I need to start back in with the full on calorie counting or if I'll get there just by pumping up the burn? The training program I'm starting will pump it up a bit anyway.

Replies

• drewz1950
    drewz1950 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The answer is in your statement. The fact your wondering. You know the noting down adds focus. No need to go 'full on' just be in touch with the consummation.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    If you are willing to spin your wheels for a while, try it the exercise route without counting and see. Years ago I was stuck at 125 for ages and decided to do a tri and dropped to 120. On the other hand, I've recently gone back to logging (although I am taking a Thanksgiving break until tomorrow) because I am back to bouncing between 125 and 130 and don't think I can get lower this time without counting.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,004 Member
    Options
    ^^It uses the Mifflin St Joer calculation. (Not TDEE minus a fixed percentage.)
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Either way is fine.

Monitoring your weight and adjusting your caloric consumption without tracking calories works rather well for many people including myself.

If your training will be increasing(estimated 3k calories per week), I would continue the same path.

3kg in that time period is reasonable just with increased activity and monitoring body weight while maintaining the same eating habits.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    If I wanted to make consistant weight change progress in a shorter amount of time I'd try to be as accurate as possible with logging to help me get there. If I had 6 months or longer to make adjustments I might not.