Accurate bathroom scale?

Options
Searched but couldn't find.

Who makes an accurate bathroom scale? Preferably one that isn't too expensive.

I've read several reviews, but it seems everything is questionable...

Replies

• Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I have a weight watchers scale. I just picked one that was a decent price. It matches up with when I get weighed at the doctor and the gym so I figure it’s accurate enough.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    I have Fitbit Aria scales. I bought them because they're wifi connected and gave all these extra measurements (BMI, Fat %, etc) but they haven't been connected to the wifi in years and I stopped looking at all the other metrics soon after I started using it. So all those extras turned out to be kind of a waste of money.

That said they seem quite accurate as long as they're not moved and the batteries are charged. I noticed the last few days that the readings I was getting were very inconsistent and didn't seem quite right. I'd step on and the readout would say 122.8kg step on again and it would say 121.1kg, step on a third time and it would say 121.9kg.

Turns out that low batteries seems to cause the scales to be inconsistent and slightly over-report. With fresh batteries and a quick calibration I got a 120.5kg readings 3 times in a row.
  • thiosulfate
    thiosulfate Posts: 262 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I just searched on Amazon for a scale, picked one within my price limit ($20) that had good reviews. I don't really care if my home scale is extremely scale (a difference of 5-10 pounds from the true value is fine) but it is really important to me that my scale is precise.
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I have a Weight Watchers scale and it weighs me almost identical to the scales at the doctor's office. They cost $20 at Amazon.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    rjlh6cvmbd9t.jpg

This is what I use. The brand is Taylor.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I also have the digital WW scale. Got it at Walmart, around $20-30.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I had a Fitbit Aria and I liked it ok except you couldn’t move it or your weight would be off.

It died and I bought a weight guru at Target. It seems to work ok for the price.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I have an earlier model of the Taylor pictured above. It's dead accurate with my doctor's offices. Our master bath is tiny and I have to store the scale in our closet and move it to weigh myself and it still weighs accurately.