What’s the worse thing you’ve come home to?

Options
cee134
cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
What’s the worse thing you’ve come home to?

A dirty house? An empty house? An overly rambunctious pet or the aftermath of said pet? A surprise guest?

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    The house robbed. A stalker on the doorstep. These days it’s just the kids’ mess.

Was your house robbed by your stalker?
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I have a Great Dane and a Doberdane. They both had a stomach bug. The one "had an accident" (an extremely graphic CSI type accident) and the other vomited about it profusely.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    One more, I came home last week and their was dead rabbit on the back door steps. My oldest dog picked it up like it was a stuffed toy, started shaking and playing with it. She obviously caught it and killed it for fun.

She is now known as the 'bunny killer'.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    We had a puppy who ate a photo album. He also ate part of some toys and a sock. He tried to eat the tv remote. We learned a great deal about puppy proofing and keeping him confined in a safe area from that one day.

Went out one night and was stuck away from home by a severe winter storm. Got home next day and a big tree was down in the front yard.
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    A busted water heater that had flooded the garage.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Left my 2 dogs in the kitchen, thinking I had dog proofed it pretty well.... got home and they had torn open a 24 pack of coke and popped all the cans. There was no soda anywhere though, so I guess they licked up all 24 cans worth? I am still amazed I didn't have to clean up vomit after that little adventure.... or maybe they did all that before I got home as well and cleaned it up themselves. I try not to think about it too much.

This sounds so much like what my dog would do, cannot leave her alone in the house, I'm still missing a front decorative license plate I had on my car a few years back. No doubt she ate it. :laugh:

Sounds like your dogs were partners in crime. Were they caffeinated cokes? I'm surprised that you did not have 'that' kind of mess to clean up either. Yikes.
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    There was a bat hanging out on my window and my dog peed on my bed I got to say that was the worst cause I didn’t know until I layed down
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    alywei3773 wrote: »
    I have a Great Dane and a Doberdane. They both had a stomach bug. The one "had an accident" (an extremely graphic CSI type accident) and the other vomited about it profusely.

Similarly, two of my former dogs had some kind of intestinal thing going on. Came home to liquefied feces all over the rooms to which they had access and then got anointed when their happy wagging tails swept through it.

I've also come home on several occasions to unstuffed dog beds. They can pack a remarkable amount of stuffing into those things.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Left my 2 dogs in the kitchen, thinking I had dog proofed it pretty well.... got home and they had torn open a 24 pack of coke and popped all the cans. There was no soda anywhere though, so I guess they licked up all 24 cans worth? I am still amazed I didn't have to clean up vomit after that little adventure.... or maybe they did all that before I got home as well and cleaned it up themselves. I try not to think about it too much.

This sounds so much like what my dog would do, cannot leave her alone in the house, I'm still missing a front decorative license plate I had on my car a few years back. No doubt she ate it. :laugh:

Sounds like your dogs were partners in crime. Were they caffeinated cokes? I'm surprised that you did not have 'that' kind of mess to clean up either. Yikes.

Yeah it was regular coke. I couldn't even yell at them because I couldn't believe it. A small part of me still thinks leprechauns broke into my house that day or something.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I took over my sister's penthouse apartment in my senior year at high school. A distant cousin convinced my housekeeper to let her into my flat, without my permission, where she'd proceeded to have sex with her surfer boyfriend. I arrived, after athletics practice to my maid on the staircase, with my laundry basket on her lap, with my distant cousin's oinking climax noises echoing down the stairs and through the windows. I'd entered my flat, seeing them in full coitus. Expletives followed from me to her, as he was my sister's ex.

Suffice it to say, I was pissed off , as a lot of rumours about me were rampant. With all my commitments, near impossible to do ... It made sense that day. Bloody tramp was doing her darndest to ruin me.