What is your favorite Holiday activity?

Options
My favorite Holiday tradition is pretty basic lol, love putting up the tree, and I love to do a lot of baking and cooking with my family.

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    We have a tradition of filling each other's Christmas stockings in my family. One day we go shopping and buy all the little things. We kind of make a day of it.
    We also have a tradition of decorating cookies on Christmas eve.
    Those are probably my two favorite holiday activities.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I love going to the Mission Inn and seeing all the light displays.
  • marissaholzworth22244
    Options
    You guys have amazing!!! Christmas activities I feel my answer was a little short... Lol
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    It used to be the city Christmas parade, but then it was taken over by a hospital system and turned into a boring "parade" of hospital vehicles and very few floats. Ugh.

Now I really like window shopping and hitting up antique shops downtown and then stopping in for coffee and treats to warm up.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I don't put up a tree any more, I have 2 Christmas tree/ornament destructive cats.. :cry:

I'm on vacation the last two weeks of every year through new years. I spend as much time with my daughters during my break. I love baking for Christmas, I bake a ton of stuff and give away most of it.
  • Caseyloupuckett
    Caseyloupuckett Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Having hot chocolate with friends
  • marissaholzworth22244
    Options
    You guys are amazing! My mom and I decided on a mini tree already done up this year! The big kicker is I had already gotten all my Christmas shopping done like on November 1st before the snow started falling, I felt pretty accomplished!
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    Sledding down the stairs a la Kevin McAllister.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Sleeping.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    My neighborhood has an AMAZING drive through Christmas lights display. It’s called lights in the parkway. Me and my mom go every year.

https://youtu.be/cN3sbvivFIY
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Oddly, my household seems to enjoy New Years Eve the most. We play board games together, for the only time in the year we do so. The only food tradition is black-eyed peas and cornbread, and that's supremely easy. We can all stay up late and sleep late the next day without anyone having to worry about going to work.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Lights on the Lake is pretty cool, but only when they let you walk through. Driving through is kind of boring. And my husband, son and I do 12 Days of Christmas. Every year one of us plays Santa and gifts something small (think Dollar Tree or Five Below) to the others every day through the Epiphany. It's a fun way to keep the spirit going.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Oddly, my household seems to enjoy New Years Eve the most. We play board games together, for the only time in the year we do so. The only food tradition is black-eyed peas and cornbread, and that's supremely easy. We can all stay up late and sleep late the next day without anyone having to worry about going to work.

We do board games on NYE, too! It gets pretty rowdy sometimes. :D