PEN PAL? (Didn't get anyone on the first post, little over a week now.)

I'm looking for someone with one main goal. To help lose weight together. Even if it's someone who lost almost all or all weight or NONE. It be nice to talk to someone on the daily and motivate each other. I thought about starting with one person and slowly add another person to talk to each month I complete. Maybe, this idea might help others too. To find someone to talk too. I fully believe it helps to have someone who understands whats going on and being honest about everything thats going on day by day. Good or Bad. One goal in mind, to better ourselves.

Update: I've been going strong for nine days. Just been logging in. My exercise was, walking one day, deep cleaning for two days, and the other days I worked. I do plan on adding more exercise but, just haven't pushed myself fully on that, yet. I'm down 1.4 pounds and I'm excited to keep moving forward. Slowly but, surely. :)

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Just add some pals on here?
  • lucycowan32
    lucycowan32 Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2018
    Woop woop..just signed up and I'm keen as bean to get fit! Count me in!
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    This is a challenge group. It is smaller group of people who post daily and encourage one another in the weight loss journey. It may be what you are looking for. Check it out.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10708935/fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-december-2018-registration-page
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,363 Member
    edited December 2018
    Maybe you could elaborate a little more on what you mean by "pen pal"? To me, that means someone who writes a letter or card and puts it in the mail and sends it - by postal service. Is that what you are looking for? Or would you like someone on this site to just be a contact/accountability partner? When I was actively losing weight, I had a handful of people in my friend list here that were great contacts. I even met several of them in real life.

I don't know how many people would write letters or cards if that's what you're looking for, but there are many different people on here who have online friendships and ongoing (for years) accountability, like in phoebe112476's thread above. The confusion in terms may be the problem with the last thread.

Or it may just be me. :)
  • KTaurusW0516
    KTaurusW0516 Posts: 126 Member
    Maybe you could elaborate a little more on what you mean by "pen pal"? To me, that means someone who writes a letter or card and puts it in the mail and sends it - by postal service. Is that what you are looking for? Or would you like someone on this site to just be a contact/accountability partner.

I don't know how many people would write letters or card, if that's what you're looking for, but there are many different people on here who have online friendships and ongoing (for years) accountability, like in phoebe112476's thread above. The confusion in terms may be the problem with the last thread.

That's why I put Pen Pal? Today's technology its way easier to just message on here or for others email. Just updating each other everyday. If struggling and need someone to talk to you. Come to me or whoever. Its for support and to help each other better ourselves.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,363 Member
    Maybe you could elaborate a little more on what you mean by "pen pal"? To me, that means someone who writes a letter or card and puts it in the mail and sends it - by postal service. Is that what you are looking for? Or would you like someone on this site to just be a contact/accountability partner.

I don't know how many people would write letters or card, if that's what you're looking for, but there are many different people on here who have online friendships and ongoing (for years) accountability, like in phoebe112476's thread above. The confusion in terms may be the problem with the last thread.

That's why I put Pen Pal? Today's technology its way easier to just message on here or for others email. Just updating each other everyday. If struggling and need someone to talk to you. Come to me or whoever. Its for support and to help each other better ourselves.

So, you don't want people to mail you things?

You want to add friends on here?
  • KTaurusW0516
    I got people but, nobody answered after that. I don't know if they forgot or what? I tried giving them a chance to see my message but, nothing. That's why I made another thread. :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

So you do just want pals? Not someone to actually post you a letter?
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    I'm sorry it's still not clear for me. Are you looking for someone to write and post letters to you, or just to add friends to message on this site?
  • rainbowblu
    rainbowblu Posts: 119 Member
    Hi! I'll be your pen pal. I would actually like a 'text buddy' with occasional phone calls as we get to know each other better...Send me a message,I think that's a great idea!

And hand written mail is great too!

As for me,I'm in the 'middle' stage of weight loss.I lost 90ish lbs about 2 years ago,and it's been a struggle to lose the last 30-50lbs...My current goal is to make it to Onderland...
  • Dakotacole13
    Dakotacole13 Posts: 526 Member
    Ya count me in!!
  • heatherjolly92
    heatherjolly92 Posts: 46 Member
    I'm interested. Need motivation and accountability. Add me
  • redroses098
    redroses098 Posts: 15 Member
    I’m down !
  • seestephierun
    seestephierun Posts: 19 Member
    I would be interested in doing this as well! I could definitely use some extra accountability/support!
  • Sue2bthin
    Sue2bthin Posts: 21 Member
    Hi, I could use some accountability too. I don’t know how to friend people yet...still learning.
  • heathereames
    heathereames Posts: 30 Member
    I'm down
  • KTaurusW0516
    Sorry, I got caught up in a few personal things. Still keeping track of my weight, of course. Ill be messaging everyone tomorrow! I'm excited to get to know everyone.