My waist is not getting smaller?

Options
13»

Replies

• FitAndLean_5738
    FitAndLean_5738 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I would consider giving yourself more than 2 months to get your dream body -- try going for maybe 6 months before throwing in the towel. Even then, depending on how much you want to lose, you may need longer. Remember that a healthy rate of weight loss is about 2kg a month ... so give your body more time.

Also, your waist has gotten smaller, just not as small as you like yet. Keep plugging away and the numbers will keep dropping (to a certain point, of course). I would say to remain patient, cut down on sugar intake (added sugar that is, fruits are fine), and just keep doing what you're doing without resorting to crash dieting.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    That's basically it. I've been told that it's pretty much impossible that I could be losing weight consistently but not losing any fat? It can't be water weight at this point? I've gone from 69~ kg to 65kg in a few months and my waist has gone from ******** 78 to 77.5!!!!! WHAT?! I just. Don't get it? What am I doing wrong? Do I need to exercise 5x a week? Do I need to eat less than 1500 calories in a day? What is going on? There's no point in losing weight anymore if my waist won't get smaller :( That's the part I'm the MOST insecure about. If it won't get smaller in the next 2 months I'll just quit completely, at that point it's completely useless.

So it has got smaller... just not as much smaller as you'd like.

You can't pick where the fat comes off, how tall are you and what's your goal weight?

If you quit, it definitely won't get any smaller...

173, 60kg. Or I try to keep it at 60. Truth be told I would love to be 50kg but I know it's too low, so if 60 succeeds I will probably go for 55

Are you doing any weight training? A lot of times losing weight just results in a smaller version of the original you. You can lose weight but not see a change in your body shape, especially if you're not doing any resistance-training, which can help reduce body fat without further weight reduction, and can make a difference in your shape. Do look into recomposition (reducing fat while maintaining weight, there are a number of excellent threads about it, just do a search), I think that's really what you are looking for.

You are setting yourself up for failure by having achieved a healthy body weight but continually setting yourself a lower goal so that your never get to experience your success. And potentially disordered eating and body dysmorphia issues.

I appreciate the advice and recomp seems to be the way to go. But I don't give a damn about potential disordered eating habits or other issues. Trust me, I've gone through that before and I'll rather suffer with those for the rest of my life than look like this.

The fact that you're saying that suggests you need to step away from the scales and the measuring tape and contact your treatment team again.

I never had a treatment team. My attention simply shifted away from my weight to other things due to a getting hit by a car so that was on my mind a lot. I was never treated nor was I ever underweight. I definitely did have issues though. And again, I appreciate it but I don't care.

This is sad.

My thoughts exactly
  • me0231
    me0231 Posts: 218 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Deleted because it was already mentioned
  • _aenyeweddien_
    _aenyeweddien_ Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I had exactly the same problem and it turned out to be hormone related:( Maybe get a check up?
  • RealWorldStrengthLLC
    Options
    I haven't cut much off my waist going from 300-250.

It all went on between 220 and 250. Pretty sure that's where it's gonna come off.

Take other measurements other than just waist. Do hips, where you wear your pants, quads, calves, neck, forearms, chest, bicep flexed, and bicep unflexed. All of those give much clearer picture.

For instance, in the last month and a half I'm down 14lbs, I added an inch to my chest, my waist stayed the same, where I wear pants dropped an inch, my bicep grew half an inch flexed but is the same unflexed, my neck is up almost half an inch (yay for heavy farmers walks) and my quads lost an inch.

There's a lot more to all this than one measurment.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I don't know what to think of some responses...whether someone really believes in the nonsense he/she types or whether the nonsense is typed for shock value to elicit a response (usually from a gross misinterpretation or something taken waaay out of context)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,624 Member
    Options
    First, one has to be in a mental state where they can objectively evaluate the state of their health and body. Then they have to have fat available to be lost. Then we can all discuss how to best go along losing it.

By the sounds of it, the OP is in a position where worrying about her waist fat may be far from the best thing for her to be doing.

Sincerely, best of luck, and I hope you follow up on the suggestions of your compatriot!