Swiss Cheese cravings

Options
Ok, I crave swiss cheese something ferce. I mean like a pregnant woman. I just have to run to the store and buy some. I can not even wait till I get home to have it. I tear open that package in the car and munch away. What is causing this? Am I low on some vitamin? This is the only foods that I crave to this extent. This has been going on for years and I have never heard anyone else who goes through this. It has to be the good old fashion aged swiss too.

Replies

• ronijami
    ronijami Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Omg I've been craving swiss cheese like mad! It was nice to read someone else has felt like this, too.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    It's a craving, not a physical need. If it's bothering you, look into the psychology behind your craving. Do you want it at a certain time? after something has happened? when you are feeling a certain way?

But, to be blunt, cravings are about willpower. Either resist and let the craving pass or cave in and continue to deal with being attached to cheese.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,444 Member
    Options
    Are you totally avoiding swiss cheese in your day to day eating? If you included it in your regular rotation of foods, would you have difficulty eating it in moderation?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    So many zombie threads these days! :laugh:
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options

At least it's a yummy topic.

Swiss cheese is good :+1:

(Says the swiss girl :wink: )
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Ooh, now I'm thinking about grilled Swiss cheese and tomato on rye. Haven't had one in ages, but yum!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »

At least it's a yummy topic.

Swiss cheese is good :+1:

(Says the swiss girl :wink: )

any cheese is good :bigsmile:
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,444 Member
    Options

I have got to start checking those dates. Arrgh!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Good practice for January :smile:

And now I could really go for a grilled cheese sandwich on nice hearty white bread, with plenty of butter!
  • OddDitty
    OddDitty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Swiss cheese is a healthier cheese than most as it has one of the lowest sodium counts. I wouldn't kick myself over it. Just don't eat it as your only source of dairy,
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    If you wanted to eat no dairy but swiss cheese (wouldn't be my choice, as I like lots of different kinds of cheese, and yogurt too), I don't see why that would be a problem. Dairy is not essential.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Omg, I didn't even realize either! Although, at a glance, 2013 and 2018 look pretty similar. Well, hopefully OP got their cheese problem figured out.